Financial Package for Self employed Musicians

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
hnbhagavan

Financial Package for Self employed Musicians

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear Friends,

The Government has announced Financial Packages for almost all classes of people.The Film Industry is powerful lobby and they may be taking care of people working in Film Industry.
I am referring to the plight of self employed Musicians whose Music we discuss and have enjoyed abundantly in our life time.But there is no Financial help for this class of People.Live Concerts are stopped with no resumption in sight.The Rasikas group should perhaps Initiate a Welfare program or those in this group who have influence in the Government Circle must do some thing for these people.I am surprised that no initiative is being taken by Cultural organisations - Music Academy,narada Gana Sabha,Krishna Gana Sabha in this regard.
The Local Organisations in each city should come forward and take Initiative to help those artists in need.
In this respect I bring to your attention that NADASURABHI of BAngalore have taken first step and helped 20 Odd Musicians who needed Financial help.

sankark

Re: Financial Package for Self employed Musicians

Post by sankark »

Parivadini did so earlier in April. For nAdaswaram artistes. A shout out to that good work.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

There are Odd initiatives here and there but not enough is done.I think this is a very tough period even for Musicians who have made money and some may be fortunate to get paid for teaching.A lucky few have jobs to support.The failure of Governments both at central and state not to announce any package for this sector.Unlike Film Industry here the payments are not substantial.
Hence i am pained at the apathy from Govt side as well as we Rasikas who debate over free lunch.

vsn69

Post by vsn69 »

How is Nadasurabhi doing it? A laudable effort.
How much do they give?

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Nadasurabhi distributed one time assistance to undisclosed number amt 15000/

Mysore Manjunath runs a trust helping many

Ananya Foundation by Dr Raghavendra

Srirama Lalitha Kala Mandir

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Work and support is quietly going on, and donations are being quietly made to those who are distributing the money.

That is not to say the subject should be dropped: indeed we should be reminded.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Yes. PSS is doing this silently. Secretary is considering for including Tambura players also.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Oh, they should include tambura players without thinking about it. They earn little enough in normal times.

I confess: I had forgotten about tambura players. I'm glad others haven't.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

These are times only established musicians lead a normal life.Some musicians have a job as well. They are lucky ones.
But those who are in lower end manly depending on concerts are hit hard.I hope most of them have earning thru Music lessons.
Along with philanthropists i suppose Government could have come up with some package.