Looking for Sanjay + TKM Concert

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
jagadee

Looking for Sanjay + TKM Concert

Post by jagadee »

Hello all,
I need help finding a concert of Sanjay with TKM. The concert starts with Nattakurinji varnam. The concert used to be on Youtube and is now taken down and don't see it on sangeethamshare either. Is there another place I can find it (happy to buy it if available commercially). Thank you!

Lakshman

Re: Looking for Sanjay + TKM Concert

Post by Lakshman »

Can you provide the list of songs he rendered? Thanks.

jagadee

Re: Looking for Sanjay + TKM on mridangam Concert

Post by jagadee »

Hello Lakshman, Unfortunately I don't remember the rest of the songs. It was a short concert (less than 2 hours)if I remember right.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

It was titled Paddhati series and I may have the cassette. In our - then Sanjay fans circle ;) - it was one of the exhilarating concerts.

Here is the link for Suddha Simandhini - which I remembered : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-mWDriGzvU

And one cannot miss the tension filled accompaniment - with no supple gumuki, only the majestic dhom that Sri TKM sets up the flow and then descends into saukyam with no let up of tension filled pharans.

The youtube channel is termed Carnatic Layam!! tyagarAjurukkE inninki adan nilamai. edO oru mridanga vAssippa veccuNDutAn avar kritikaLai gyapagam vaiitukOLLavENDiyirukkiradu. ( Sri tyagarAja's plight - his kritis have to be remembered using the embedded layam and some of the glorious Mridangam plays!).

Nice handle you @jagadee - is the name of one of the ancient mantra meter! :D

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Sparkling! Shankaran, what would be the date of this concert?
Isn't Paddhati a Charsur series brand name? So the concert should be available for purchase...

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Also someone had told me Sanjay avoided having senior big name accompanists.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Look what Pichai found out...

RSR

Post by RSR »

p-4
====
Rot.! Thayagaraja Kruthis are and ever will be the ideal in real CM.
ESPECIALLY the GEM, 'Janaki Ramana'. - in the rare Suddha Seemamnthini- .( the only kruthi by Swamikal in that raagam and not from even the other two of the Trinity. ) immortalized by the likes of TNR Pillai, MMI and DKP.--Best Rendered without any percussion stuff.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

That was the concert with Brinda-esque kAntimatim ( the kalyANi kriti of SD not the hEmavati one of MD) as one of his friends wrote in Sangeetham.com :D. Yeah I remember that post - not there for the concert! . I think a recording is available in Sangeethapriya.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

The concert original poster asked I think is this concert. It is copy righted and available if you purchase the kokilavani device. Indeed that is an unabashed marketing statement - why not - Suresh Gopalan does an important duty to the tradition and the "commercial" part - note the quote/unquote - does not reduce it a bit. Or download from Charsur site may be for a cost.

parivadini

Post by parivadini »

shankarank wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 07:57 The concert original poster asked I think is this concert. It is copy righted and available if you purchase the kokilavani device. Indeed that is an unabashed marketing statement - why not - Suresh Gopalan does an important duty to the tradition and the "commercial" part - note the quote/unquote - does not reduce it a bit. Or download from Charsur site may be for a cost.

The concert had a Natakapriya right? I remember buying the whole set. Most of the concerts were absolutely brilliant. TNS's immortal 'Bhariavi Sindhubhairavi' RTP was among the collection. I literally wore the tape down with repeated listening.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Am still missing the second volume of the set. Will know when I locate it.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

jagadee

Post by jagadee »

Thank you so much @parivadini @shankarank. This is exactly the concert I was looking for. Thanks once again.