Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Concerts and other events related to CM.
nadhasudha

#1 Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by nadhasudha »

It has been exactly three years since Appa passed away. I had always wanted to get a memorial concert organized in his honor. Carnatic Music was very dear to his heart. The pandemic has thrown a wrench into many of our plans. However, this year I decided to go ahead with starting one. Like all things auspicious we are starting this with a Nadhaswaram concert. I need all of your wishes and blessings for this to grow and benefit the rasikas and also the artists.

My humble request to Chennai rasikas to attend this concert in person and support the artists. Concert is free. There will be a short tribute to Ponbhairavi before the concert begins. Concert is on Friday, Oct 22 at 6:15 PM, at Arkay Convention Centre, Mylapore, Chennai.

Friday, 22ndt Oct 2021 6.15pm
Madhuradhwani
Puducherry Bhairavi Rajagopala Iyer Memorial Concert
Mylai M Karthikeyan - Nagaswaram
Koleri G Vinoth Kumar - Nagaswaram
Adyar D Senthilkumar - Tavil
Thiruneermalai - B Mani
R Thandavamoorthi - Talam

https://youtu.be/NUBNp96erQg

rajeshnat

#2 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by rajeshnat »

Best wishes and really touching for you to think of your appa and organize concert. I hope even pondicherry bhairavi sabha is still taking steps to organize concerts.

rajeshnat

#3 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by rajeshnat »

Just to refresh your memories , there is a tribute in below link (post #25) about rajagopalan sir who wrote with the id Ponbhairavi. The tribute is by Nadhasudha (daughter of PonBhairavi)
viewtopic.php?p=343610#p343610

All of Rajagopalan Sir (PonBhairavi) is in below link, brilliant
He has posted 1075 posts and he was indeed a definite Aayirathil Oruvan. Check his posts.
search.php?author_id=2171&sr=posts

Nick H

#4 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by Nick H »

nadhasudha wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 04:51However, this year I decided to go ahead with starting one. Like all things auspicious we are starting this with a Nadhaswaram concert. I need all of your wishes and blessings for this to grow and benefit the rasikas and also the artists.
You have to start somewhere! Many of us are not ready for public events yet, and may not make it in person this year. Thoughts and blessings are certainly with you. Youtube has been such a boon in covid times and continues to be. But still, the personal contact is lacking: I hope to meet you in 2022!

nadhasudha

#5 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by nadhasudha »

rajeshnat wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 10:42 Best wishes and really touching for you to think of your appa and organize concert. I hope even pondicherry bhairavi sabha is still taking steps to organize concerts.
Thanks rajeshnat! It is the least I can do. I am not aware of the current activities of Puducherry Bhairavi sabha.

nadhasudha

#6 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by nadhasudha »

Nick H wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 14:25
nadhasudha wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 04:51However, this year I decided to go ahead with starting one. Like all things auspicious we are starting this with a Nadhaswaram concert. I need all of your wishes and blessings for this to grow and benefit the rasikas and also the artists.
You have to start somewhere! Many of us are not ready for public events yet, and may not make it in person this year. Thoughts and blessings are certainly with you. Youtube has been such a boon in covid times and continues to be. But still, the personal contact is lacking: I hope to meet you in 2022!
Thanks Nick. I understand. It is going to be streamed live on Madhuradhwani's You tube channel and you can watch it online. For those rasikas who are comfortable going in person, the venue information is provided.

I recently watched a concert of Prince Rama Varma at Arkay Convention Center where I saw a handful of rasikas. It was much better in person attendance that I have seen in the past couple of years. I think the artists are missing the audience interactions which are part of the live concert. All of us are adjusting to this new paradigm - artists, rasikas and music organizers. I think the future is going to be live concerts being streamed simultaneously on You Tube Channels.

Sundara Rajan

#7 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Wonderful tribute by a daughter to her late father. Though I can't attend the concert because of my location, I will certainly enjoy the You tube relays and thus pay my respects to your beloved father.

kamalamba

#8 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by kamalamba »

Wonderful tribute @Nadhasudha. I hope the concert went well. I will definitely watch the youtube link.

Incidentally, my fathers memorial concert in December 2021 also features the very same artiste.

Best Wishes
Kamalamba

nadhasudha

#9 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by nadhasudha »

Sundara Rajan wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 08:12 Wonderful tribute by a daughter to her late father. Though I can't attend the concert because of my location, I will certainly enjoy the You tube relays and thus pay my respects to your beloved father.
Thank you very much Sir.

nadhasudha

#10 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by nadhasudha »

kamalamba wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 21:01 Wonderful tribute @Nadhasudha. I hope the concert went well. I will definitely watch the youtube link.

Incidentally, my fathers memorial concert in December 2021 also features the very same artiste.

Best Wishes
Kamalamba
Thanks Kamalamba. Your memorial concerts for your father inspired me to do something along those lines to honor the memory of my father. Many thanks to you!

Somtime when all this COVID confusion settles, I hope to make a trip in December and catch concerts live including the memorial concert in honor of your father.

arasi

#11 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by arasi »

Nadasudha,
I have been absent at Rasikas forum for a long while, and haven't been following any happenings at all.
Your father was a special person one cannot forget easily. He wrote so well, may it be poetry or prose. His humor in writing engaged us no end. I still miss him. You are a good pin tOnRal too.

Mohan,
Hope all goes well with you and all the family--especially your mother.
God willing, I can join you at the end of this year in the musical fare you every year care to arrange in your father's memory. Gobilalitha was an adorable person and a keen rasikA (just as your mother is too).

nadhasudha

#12 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by nadhasudha »

arasi wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 06:26 Nadasudha,
I have been absent at Rasikas forum for a long while, and haven't been following any happenings at all.
Your father was a special person one cannot forget easily. He wrote so well, may it be poetry or prose. His humor in writing engaged us no end. I still miss him. You are a good pin tOnRal too.

Mohan,
Hope all goes well with you and all the family--especially your mother.
God willing, I can join you at the end of this year in the musical fare you every year care to arrange in your father's memory. Gobilalitha was an adorable person and a keen rasikA (just as your mother is too).
Thank you Arasi ji! Every so often I will go back and read his writings both on this forum and elsewhere. This forum has a treasure trove of information by so many contributors including you whom we all can learn a lot from.

Sundara Rajan

#13 Re: Ponbhairavi Memorial Concert

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Pleased to see you, Arasi back in the Forum. Happy New Year and SankarAnthi Well Wishes to you, Arasi.