Veena Jaisree and Jayraj

Carnatic Musicians
rshankar

Post by rshankar »

A very nice review:

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/09/26/stor ... 010300.htm

Congratulations! We really hope that concerts such as these get recorded, and are made comercially available.

PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

I think this was part of the 'veena festival'.
Date:15/09/2008 URL: http://www.thehindu.com/2008/09/15/stor ... 530200.htm -posting under 'Music and Festivals'.
Glad that such festival exclusively for veena was organised.
Last edited by PUNARVASU on 26 Sep 2008, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

A nice review. Are we now reviewing reviews?!
Certain words stand out in the write up and describe the music of J&J to those who have not heard them:
known for their chaste rendition
offered a serene insight into....MD's compositions
tender but a firm outline of kEdAragowLA

Good to know J&J have talented students...

arasi

Post by arasi »

By the way, get to the line about the finale of the concert and see who is hiding there!
Hoping to see more of your name in print, 'youngster ' :)

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

YES Arasi - you win the prize for noticing that tidbit!!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

What if I sing a la The Beatles?
'with a little help from my friends'...?

rajeshnat

Re: Veena Jaisree and Jayraj

Post by rajeshnat »

Nice interview in the Delhi Hindu edition
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2010/07/16/stor ... 070200.htm

arasi

Post by arasi »

Rajesh,
Very nice!

J&J,
Hope you are playing in several venues this season. I could hear you only once last year at Petachi. Your music is meditative and soothing. Interesting thing is, when you play svarams in turn, your individualty shines but also adds beauty to each other's manOdharma . I suppose this is possible because you are both deeply rooted in your traditional training.

Rajani

Post by Rajani »

Swati Soft Solutions has released a new double audio CD album titled "Anandam Anantam" featuring tanams (of the Ragam Tanam Pallavi genre) played by J&J on the veena in 18 different ragas, some of which are common, some uncommon and some very uncommon.

Some copies of the CD will be available during the concert on 30 July 2010 (tomorrow), at Raga Sudha Hall. I hope many Rasikas can attend.

sramesh

Re:

Post by sramesh »

rshankar wrote:A very nice review:

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/09/26/stor ... 010300.htm

Congratulations! We really hope that concerts such as these get recorded, and are made comercially available.
I have visited the review mentioned above and very nice to see Guru Shishya co-ordination, that tobe frank with you being in Kolkata coming up to this level is most appreciable and will appreciate even the legands whole heartedly as such type of Guru will neve available to anybody, the sishyas are so lucky

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Rajani wrote:Some copies of the CD will be available during the concert on 30 July 2010 (tomorrow), at Raga Sudha Hall. I hope many Rasikas can attend.
Just about to be on my way.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

It was an amazing concert.

I expected a 6.30 start so, sadly, missed the first half hour.

The extended thanam was the main feature of the program, and was quite remarkable. Perhaps the audience was a little confused, once or twice, thinking that it had finished, but it had not.

This was one of those concerts where the entire team gells, and four people on stage played magnificently. My favourite concert of J&J to date.

I was captivated by Madirimangalam Swaminathan's mridangam, even moving to the front at one point, so that I could watch his fingers. His sarvalaghu was so musical, and enhanced very much by his producing as much musicality from the left hand as from the right. Madipakkam Murali was a perfect match.

The very end of the concert was worth of note. Quite often managalam is rounded off with a crescendo thiermanum, going out with a bang. MS and MM, on this occasion, did the absolute opposite, letting us down oh-so-gently with a diminuendo finish that was just perfect.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Madirimangalam Swaminathan is the one disciple of PALANI who has not deviated to insert his own inadequate substitutions to weaken the Geat Palani's playing style& substance......VKV

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I recognised the style, but only learnt from Google, just now, that he is a direct disciple.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

concert review of their recent concert in coimbatore
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 927554.ece

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Best wishes for the taanam journey , recent writeup from The Hindu , Feb 2022

https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 372502.ece

Also I found their youtube playlist url of their thursday taanam series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXd68Ft ... qZtWwgVRO0

rajeshnat

Jeyaraaj and Jaysri

Post by rajeshnat »

Mods
CHange their name to Jeyaraaj and Jaysri . ALso remove the veena prefix in the title . it took 10 mins to search and not create duplicate thread.

If possible spend your 10 mins , remove every where titles like Sangeetha Kalanidhi or Vainika or Violinist etc . Those title additions are creating way too difficulty in searching and creates lot of duplicates. YOur 10 mins will help , just do a rough scan just change all titles.

arasi

Post by arasi »

J&J,
I heard some of your tAnams. They bear your normal stamp of aesthetics in presentation. Keeping the tradition intact but not bearing an air of exclusivity. Making it amenable, yet staying with your tradition. Apart from the playing, your brief but educative notes and the way in which they are presented adds charm and substance to it. I still remember the first time I heard you in Raga Sudha Hall. You moved me to tears. I am afraid, after listening to you two at Petachi Hall (another lovely performance), I haven't heard you in person. This series brings back memories. After listening to the tAnams in a row, I wished I could hear you play rAgAs and kritis too! All the same, I do hope I will get a chance to listen to you in person in the near future.
The best to you both. and to your students :)