Prasanna Venkataraman, Nada Inbam

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rbharath

Prasanna Venkataraman, Nada Inbam

Post by rbharath »

Prasanna Venkataraman - Vittal Rangan - J Vaidhyanathan - Sunil Kumar

Nada Inbam, 21 Apr 2022
Raga Sudha Hall
TK Govinda Rao Birthday Concert

nikila lOka nAyaki - danyAsi - Adi (varNam)
eTu nammina - sAvEri - Adi - PSI (S)
sarasvati - chAyA tarangiNi - Adi - MD
enta ninnE - mukhAri - rUpakam - T (RNS)
bhOgIndra sAyinam - kuntala varALi - kaNDa cApu - ST (S)
tEDi tEDi alaindEn - tODi - misra cApu - Ambujam Krishna (RN)
kanna tanRi nApai - dEvamanOhari - Adi - T
tulasi bilva - kEdAragauLa - Adi - T (RST)

beautiful concert. wonderful rendition. awesome selection

bharath

rajeshnat

Re: Prasanna Venkataraman, Nada Inbam

Post by rajeshnat »

i wish i had heard live the sequence of mukhari - kuntalavarali- Todi. He sings a lot of times the kedaragowlai ,I wanted to come to this concert but could not make it due to work.... Tx Bharath -good to see your review. Prasanna is a fantastic singer with JV ,Vittal and Sunil this must be a great treat.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Bharath, Rajesh,
Weren't you there, if I remember right at MFA years ago when Prasanna sang a moving mukhAri? We sat at the very back, Coolji, Prashant et all? Yes, in this concert, pakkA pakka vAdyams too.

arasi

Post by arasi »

tEDith tEDi alaindEn by AK is something I haven't heard. I would like to hear it. Her two other tODi kritis that I know are both moving: alaiya viDudal nyAyamA? and gati nIyE enRu.

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

arasi wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 18:54 Bharath, Rajesh,
Weren't you there, if I remember right at MFA years ago when Prasanna sang a moving mukhAri? We sat at the very back, Coolji, Prashant et all? Yes, in this concert, pakkA pakka vAdyams too.
i dont remember if I attended that concert. i dont know. i dont think so. :)
but i am also getting older, my memory may fail as well. :)

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

arasi wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 19:36 tEDith tEDi alaindEn by AK is something I haven't heard. I would like to hear it. Her two other tODi kritis that I know are both moving: alaiya viDudal nyAyamA? and gati nIyE enRu.
i remember hearing this kriti presented by Sri Govinda Rao at some concert. dont ask me where though

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

rajeshnat wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 10:12 i wish i had heard live the sequence of mukhari - kuntalavarali- Todi. He sings a lot of times the kedaragowlai ,I wanted to come to this concert but could not make it due to work.... Tx Bharath -good to see your review. Prasanna is a fantastic singer with JV ,Vittal and Sunil this must be a great treat.
not many others pick up kedaragaula. hence, it is ok
however, i dont believe he sings anything all that often

and i dont go to concerts at-all. it has become a very rare event.
even more rare for me to post a songlist here.

i am still not accustomed to listening to any webcast or premiered things. i dont listen to any youtube or facebook things. i would prefer to go and listen in person only.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Bharath,
You must be kidding (may I add, kid? :)). You aren't half my age and you say you forget too, like an old grandmother?

You don't--because you were spot on with that tODi kriti which was set to tune by Musiri. No wonder, TKG sang it in a concert a long time ago, and you heard it.

Yes, I miss live concerts too, but I am getting used to listening to streamed music somewhat...

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

arasi wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 22:12 Bharath,
You must be kidding (may I add, kid? :)). You aren't half my age and you say you forget too, like an old grandmother?
hehe. i am 2 scores in age and that is definitely much lesser than you are. :) indeed like a kid for you.
arasi wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 22:12 You don't--because you were spot on with that tODi kriti which was set to tune by Musiri. No wonder, TKG sang it in a concert a long time ago, and you heard it.

Yes, I miss live concerts too, but I am getting used to listening to streamed music somewhat...
let us call it selective amnesia. there are still things that dont sit in the mind these days. :)
and I definitely am not able to listen to anything online. i dont want to listen to concerts for a pass-time or entertainment. i cant do that easily, the intensive listening isnt happening for me over the computer screen. hence, i prefer to go in person. thankfully, i was able to sneak into a few recordings that were premiered and that was good enough for the lockdown times. though things are opening up, i still dont get to attend much to listen, and much lesser to listen in full, and even lesser to write about.