Suguna Varadachari & V Bharath Kumar, Nada Inbam

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rbharath

Suguna Varadachari & V Bharath Kumar, Nada Inbam

Post by rbharath »

Suguna Varadachari & V Bharath Kumar - RS Jayalakshmi - VV Ravi - N Manoj Siva - Alathur Rajaganesh

Nada Inbam
Ragasudha Hall
15 April 2022 6:15 pm

sAmi daya jUDa - janaranjani - Adi - Calcutta KS Krishnamurthy (varNam)
lambOdaram avalambE - kAmbhOji - rUpakam - MV (NS)
srI kumAra nagarAlayE - aTANA - Adi - ST (RS)
munnu rAvaNA - tODi - jampa - T (RN)
innamum oru taram pArkka vENum - yadukula kAmbhOji - adi - GKB
ninnuvinA - pUrvi kalyANi - cApu - SS (RNST)
srI vENugOpAla - kuranji - kaNDa Ekam - MD
ksIra sAgara taranga - slOkam in kApi
bhaja mAdhavam anisam - kApi - Adi - MV
tillAnA - gambhIra vANi - Adi - TKG
nI nAma rUpamulaku - saurAshTram - Adi - T

A beautiful concert by the entire team. Rare kritis taken up and presented in an exquisite manner. The renditions of munnu rAvaNA and srI vENugOpAla were too good. The neraval were all done at places which are not regular and handled in a rather beautiful manner.

bharath

arasi

Re: Suguna Varadachari & V Bharath Kumar, Nada Inbam

Post by arasi »

Bharath,
Good to see you sharing your concert experience with us again :)
This is the kind of concert I wouldn't like to miss if I were in town. The song list is engaging in its variety and in the number of composers. An old favorite like Sri vENu gOpAla in kuRinji brought back after ages--at least for me.

She and her namesake, amid all the hoopla of younger stars, brought a certain charm to the music scene. Both of them with their energy, combined with their vidwat were a treat. Hearing them together at Cleveland was a remarkable experience.

This song list again: what variety! Old composers, but not often heard kritis. Recent time composers at the start and at the end of the concert (Calcutta Krishnamurthy and T.K Govinda Rao).

She sang with her son too which is interesting. I guess they took turns here and there to sing rAgAs. Did they exchange swarAs as in any duo's concert? And R. S. Vijayalakshmi?

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Arasi, you know I don't have Rasika's Memory (or much of any other kind for that matter!) but I recall RSJ playing for Mami and VVR playing for Bharat Kumar.

Have you not watched the concert? It will be there on Parivadini.

Even though they are mother and son, teacher and student, it was remarkable how his voice matched hers when they sang together!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Nick,
I did take in the concert. At first, I wondered how that many instruments will find a place without short-changing or in being an interference in the progression of the concert. It was mainly the violin and the veena I and in mind but how well they gelled! RSJ and V.V.Ravi were delightful to hear. Yes, mother and son combo was novel and was very pleasing to listen to. As I said before, it was a list which was a lively one. SV truly is an ace in combining tradition with variety.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

arasi wrote: 11 May 2022, 19:07 At first, I wondered how that many instruments will find a place without short-changing or in being an interference in the progression of the concert.
In fact, at first, I found it all a bit too much. But soon everything fell into place for me, and it turned out to be just enough :).