musicresearch.in website query

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
nulls

musicresearch.in website query

Post by nulls »

Hello, I'm trying to download documents from the musicresearch.in website. The documents display as junk characters on clicking the Download button. I've tried on Microsoft as well as Apple laptops. Has anyone faced this problem and know of a solution pls?

Nick H

Re: musicresearch.in website query

Post by Nick H »

I recall downloading a paper from this site years ago, and it was fine. Now it seems broken in some way.

Instead of dowloading the file, it displays it in the browser. It is binary file, so looks like junk

I tried downloading one by avoiding clicking on "Download" but right-clicking, save link as...

What I get is "filename.zip.html." If I try to open that, I get... a page of binary stuff in the browser.

If I delete ".html" then I can attempt to open the zip file. It claims to contain a "something.pdf." but if I try to open that, it says "This document has no pages."

That's as far as I can usefully go, and it was a failure.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

WHen I look at devtools in chrome, it is a content-type setting issue. It is set as text/html, but then serves the file itself instead of leading to another page with the actual link. I remember it did that before.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

How about Post #7 in this --
viewtopic.php?t=14972

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

In case anyone still needs help with this, after downloading the html file to a local machine, rename the file extension to .zip and extract the actual file from it as normal.

Works for some files but not for all.

knrh05

Post by knrh05 »

Try this... https://musicresearchlibrary.net/omeka/. All downloads are through dropbox.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Oh brilliant, thanks.