Requesting lyrics ,notation and translation for Kandhan Bhavani in mohanam

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
shrutek

Requesting lyrics ,notation and translation for Kandhan Bhavani in mohanam

Post by shrutek »

Requesting lyrics , notation, translation and word to word meaning in English for Kandhan Bhavani in mohanam Adi taal. posting the link to the song below:

https://youtu.be/yOsd7-dLwTQ

thank you in advance :)

Lakshman

Re: Requesting lyrics ,notation and translation for Kandhan Bhavani in mohanam

Post by Lakshman »

Here are the lyrics. Some words are new to me. Corrections welcome.

kandan bhavani kaNDEn (p). rAgA: mOhana. Adi tALA. S.Aravindan.

P: kandan bhavani kaNDEn Anandam koNDEn cintanaiyil kuDi koNDa Ananda mOhana
A: kandan sindum sindUrangaL sundara vElavanai kAndal kuruvindam koNDa tirikkai shirattil koLLa
C1: dundubigaL kELum koLLa andum cintai Osaiyizha pAndan padam asaindiDa indiran peNDODi vizha
2: gandha malar tUva nirai mantirangaL tOttarikka bandha vinai tIra aravinda padam kaNDuraikka

KKishore

Post by KKishore »

Below is the meaning what i could infer (i have provided word-word translation wherever lyrics are clear to me)
P: Kandhan Bhavani Kandein Anandam Kondein Sinthayil KudiKonda Ananda Mohana

Kandein(Having Witnessed/seen) Kandhan's (Lord Murugan/Karthikeyan's) Bhavani(Diety Procession) who is KudiKonda(seated/living) in my Sinthayil(In my thoughts/mind) as Ananda(Joyful) & Mohana(Beautiful/Attractive) one, I am filled(Kondein) with Joy(Anandam).

A:Sandham Sindhum SindhUrangal Sundara Velavanai KAnthal Kuruvintham KonDa Sivikkai SiraTHil Kolla

With the Lord Sundara Velavan (refers to Lord Murugan who is beautiful having the divine spear) who is as Colourful as Red SindhUr being Kolla(Carried/on) the SiraThil(Head) in a red coloured(kAntha) Kuruvinda(Ruby) KonDa(studded) Sivikkai(Palanquin).

C1: Dhundhubikal Theril Kolla Anthu Vinthai OsaiYezha PAndhan Padam AsaindhAda Indhiran pEn (Dhodi Vizha??)
With Dhundhubikal(A type of Tamil drum/percussion instrument) being played and whose sounds arise and the Lord's pictured flags flying in the air And (Indira's daughter accompanying???)
Above is only contextual meaning as Here the lyrics in the audio esp the ending words are not clear to me, it appears possibly some error in proununciation or i don't get it, Lord Murugan had married Indira's daughter and so i guess that's what meant here)

C2: Gandha Malar Thoova Nirai Manthirangal ThoTHariKa Bandha Vinai Theera Aravinda Padam KanThuDaika (or KanDuraika??? Not clear to me)
With Scented(Gandha) flowers being thoova(thrown) and Nirai Manthirangal(Sacred chants) ThoTHarika prayed/chanted Bandha(Binding) Vinai(Karma) gets Theera(removed/exhausted) Eyes get the sight of His(Lord's) Aravinda(Lotus) Padham(feet).

Note: Any corrections/additions if others see please do so.

shrutek

Post by shrutek »

Thankyou so much :)