C Rama

Prominent critics and rasikas
thanjavooran

C Rama

Post by thanjavooran »

One of our forumites C Rama an highly technical n very decent in reviews has fallen sick since 2 weeks with hip fracture n confining to home without movements. Not attending any concerts since 4 months becaz of ill health. V miss his musical discussions a lot. Let us all pray for his quick recovery n to keep us busy with his educative reviews soon.
🙏

Sachi_R

Re: C Rama

Post by Sachi_R »

I wish C Rama a quick and full recovery. We need him badly around here.
He was kind enough to call me recently when he was in Blr to attend a wedding. It is always a pleasure to interact with him.

Kindly convey my sincere wishes for his coming back into action soon!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Hoping to see him online and in real life, fully recovered, very soon.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Best wishes for speedy recovery.

RSR

Post by RSR »

@CRama
Dear Sir,
I feel sad that you are not well. I suspected that much as your posts here were very much less after the event of publication and release of your book on Parasala Ponnammal. I pray the Almighty to restore your good health and free mobility.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

I have been visiting our dear friend CRama (Ramakrishnan) occasionally when he was hospitalised at Mehtas Specialties, Chetpet, Chennai and now convalescing at home. His wife and son (employed and presently working from home) are taking best care of him apart from supervising the physiotherapy sessions and medicatios. The progress is satisfactory and hopefully within a month he will be able to move about on his own.
Visit to Sabhas is something Ramakrishnan misses badly especially during the ongoing 'Chennai season'; however he is keenly following the concerts - thanks to livestreams in the social media. As usual we talk over phone quite often mainly on music. Needless to say the distance between his house(Mahalingapuram) and mine (Selaiyur-off Tambaram) and commutation hurdles limit frequent visits.

CRama conveys thanks to our forumites for their prayers for his recovery.
Well, we await his comeback with renewed vigour.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Sivaramakrishnan wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 16:17 I have been visiting our dear friend CRama (Ramakrishnan) ...
Thank you for the news. Looking forward to seeing him out and about again :)

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Dear SVRK, thanks. You represent C Rama to us and us to him. God bless

RSR

Post by RSR »

@Sivaramakrishnan
Thank you very much Sir, for your reassuring post .

cienu

Post by cienu »

Dear Sri Ramakrishnan
Extremely sad to learn about your health issues. However it was wonderful speaking to you today. All of us pray for your quick and speedy recovery. I am sure you will be listening to lots of music during the period of your recuperation.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Dear C Rama,
Get well soon. Listen to your huge collection. Take good care of yourself on all our behalf! God bless

Thanks Cienu!

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Wishing you speedy recovery.

arasi

Post by arasi »

My best wishes to CRama for a speedy recovery. The timing of the mishap was unfortunate. Like all, I was hoping for such good reviews from him. I was also hoping to meet him after all these years during my visit to Chennai.
May the new year bring him mobility so that he can stay healthy and happy, listening to live music...

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Best wishes for his speedy recovery and looking forward to his reviews of concerts soon.

Sivaramakrishnan

CRama (CRamakrishnan) is again hospitalised at Mehta's hospitals, Chetpet, Chennai for the past several days with issues relating to Kidney. He has undergone a few dialysis procedures too.
Let us pray for his speedy recovery.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

That is sad to hear. Very best wishes to him,

Sivaramakrishnan

Regret to inform that one of our most active forumites and a great connoisseur of Music C Ramakrishnan (CRama) passed away at the hospital in Chennai today (29.03.2023) forenoon.

Funeral rites at his residence in Nachiappan street, Mahalingapuram, Chennai tomorrow (30th)morning.

We have lost a great connoisseur of music who was a votary of quality music and encouraged many an upcoming musician through his profuse reviews. He was keen on attending concerts too and a virtual treasure trove of information on concert music.
Om Shanti.

He is survived by his wife and son.

Sivaramakrishnan

CRama
Family Contact ph nos

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Very very sad to hear this unpleasant news. Ohm shanthi. Pray for his sathgathi.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

We have lost a good friend. So sad.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

CRama was a very erudite and proactive Rasika. I met him first in 2018 at MFAC and we did cross at some concerts since. One memorable meet was at Nageswaran sir's house a few years back.

He has written several articles of music and musicians here, online, in Sruthi magazine, etc. One of my favourites was his series of musicians from Kerala. He was a great reviewer of many many concerts. He was also very appreciative of upcoming musicians and upcoming rasikas. You could never fail to find him at Mudhra every season.

His contributions to CM as a Rasika are many and should be listed by all those who knew him so that the rest of us can know more about his work.

He was in good health when I last saw him some years back in Chennai and as I have hardly ever been able to focus on rasikas past couple of years, I was unaware of his compounding health issues in the past few months. Another great soul and member of our small rasikas community has gone. I will definitely miss not seeing him at the next music season. Aum Shanti!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Very saddened to hear. Read his writings in Sruti - a comprehensive writer! Sincere condolences to the family.

RSR

Post by RSR »

Very sad.
He did great service to CM world by his series of biographical sketches of musicians from Keralam.-
He was a child of Thiruvananthapuram. and his reminiscence of his early years of exposure to CM , especially the music and personality of Smt. MS in her later years, in a concert - was it aanandhasreamam- was sparkling.
He could not have been older than 70, .
Doubly tragic.
His book on Prasala PonnammaaL and the function he organized on that occasion were his parting gift. to the CM community.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Few more Posts on CRama that many here may have missed not seeing is also in the thread
https://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36019