Suryaprakash@Rathnagirieeshwarar temple (Besant Nagar)on Feb 11th, 2023

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Suryaprakash
Violin : R Rahul
Mrudangam : Trivandrum Balaji
Ghatam : Anirudh Athreya

Concert Type : Nirvana concert
Day/Duration : Sunday - 2 hours and 35 mins inclusive of 20 mins break
Sabha - Hall : Rathnagirieeshwarar temple (Besant Nagar)

Trying to post for last few days , getting internal server error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@rasikas.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I Tried even as low as 4 to 6 lines as post , did not cross this error, any help from any one other than srkris.... I know srkris is working....

rbharath

Re: Suryaprakash@Rathnagirieeshwarar temple (Besant Nagar)on Feb 11th, 2022

Post by rbharath »

may be you should try posting about others and heap lesser praises on the same artist.
it could probably work if you also wrote things which were not good at the concert.

;)

rajeshnat

Re: Suryaprakash@Rathnagirieeshwarar temple (Besant Nagar)on Feb 11th, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

Day/Duration : Sunday - 2 hours and 35 mins inclusive of 20 mins break
Sabha - Hall : Rathnagirieeshwarar temple (Besant Nagar)

This temple and hall is quite special .Starting sharply at 6 30 PM and there is a chance for atleast 9 pm .But as life moves on one feels a little pain in returning back home. Incidentally Suryaprakash did not know that he was awarded the Mandali title - Sangeetha ratna .He was told at the beginning of the concert and I knew only post tani when there is the usual garland break post tani

01. Ninnu Kori varnam - Mohanam - pooch Iyengar
02.siddhi Vinayakam (S) - shanmughapriya - MD
Swaras for 7 mins

03. Brova bArAmA (S) - bahudari - T
Swaras for 4 mins
04. Sree Kamakshi kataakshi (R)- Vasantha - Tiruvarur Ramaswamy Pillai 
9 mins alapana and 4 mins violin return
Last edited by rajeshnat on 25 Feb 2023, 10:52, edited 3 times in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

05. Enraikku siva kripai (N) - Mukhari - Neelakanta Sivan
Neraval for 7 mins in kanriN Kuralai Kettu

06. Sarasa sAmA dhAna (S) - kapi narayani - T
6 mins swaras

07A. kapAli (R S T) -mohanam - Papanasam Sivan
11 mins alapana and 5 mins violin return
10 mins swaras
07B. Tani for 15 mins

Speech break and Awards break

08A . Viruththam - then pazhani Velavane - Kapi + nadamAduginra muruga - Rakeshri
08B. ninaikAda neramillai - Rakeshri - kavignar vaali (popularized by madurai somu)

09. Thillana - dheem dheem tana - Thangum idamadhu - Hamsanandi - suryaprakash
10. Pavamana - mangalam

2023 concerts has began late for me. Sudden work back to work , subway and metro digs , at times the errand of kids growing takes up time and has made me to hear less live concerts.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 25 Feb 2023, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

What I liked the most in the concert
——————————————————
1. I have not heard neraval in the line kanrin Kuralai kettu in the famous Mukhari song enraikku sivakripai . To the best of my knowledge no one has taken line in this neraval. This was as good as many years before hearing first time a Musiri casette where you hear kanulAra sevinchi in enta ninnE sabari . Mukhari with assertive with longer cycles of neraval with steady followup by balaji .Open throat detailed neraval singing and hearing first time a brand new neraval is special.

2. Vasanta alapana was very s kalyanaramish . Lovely brigas ,this krithi Sree Kamakshi is really a great krithi and I thoroughly enjoyed the rendition

3. Ninaikaada neramillai penned by Vaali and popularised by Somu was really superb

4. I am not a fan of poochi ariyakudi type cast of having varnam and main in same ragam . Thank God it was not Kalyani but Mohanam From Madurai mani school had its charm especially percussion rotationof small burst cycles of quick smash makes mohanam special

5. Early Siddi Vinayakam was quite semmangudish and I enjoyed a lot

6. Percussion of Trivandrum balaji was a testimony of great left right sound balance .His looks and the posture and taking pauses were all a good demonstration of his guru the great Palakkad Raghu. Anirudh Athreya is adding lot of weight and he is no pushover.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 25 Feb 2023, 13:48, edited 3 times in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

IF there are short comings
—————————————
1. Violin volume was right but did not hear the Sunaada tone of raghul possibly some balance was missing in the feed

2. The team could have taken bit more time before and adjusted the microphones and balance better .For first 2 songs till part of shanmughapriya the system was not having right balance.

3. Slightly reduced tani would have helped .

4 . Lot of local senior citizens are coming but why there is so much parallel talk when the concert is on. Why should they sit so closely in first few rows and talk .This was extremely annoying .

5.Few concerts in the past like his ,one abhishek and one vijaysiva in this place had bit more deeper impression than this concert.More singing time please, start even at 6 pm can go for atleast 2 and half,

Suryaprakash is adding more weight to his voice . I am seeing a maturity plane racing towards stars like say TK Rangachari or KVN .There is a conscious drop of style of his 2 paramagurus mmi/ssi he is adding lot more aesthetics to his music. IF you go hear his concert you can get a panorama of sampradaya purity as we’ll as his own creativity for eg Kanrin kuaralai kettu in Mukhari as neraval and his own thillana in hamsanandi.

Full credit to the team that gelled so well though the collective outcome was not within their control . They were conscious of what can go wrong with this temple which has extremely internal vibrance started by Kanchi paramacharya but certainly anomalies of lack of feedback , placement of speakers which are not perfect for the artists and lot of talking going on ,i could see the usually calm Palakkad Raghu Jr also getting bit unsettled. Special kudos to the organizers who have gone bit older but they are keeping the tradition intact where they have kept a series every mahasivarathri .

Congrats to Suryaprakash on Sangeetha rathna award. He is in the right path on aesthetics where he balances what he can bring as unique with what he has learnt from different supernovas of past.

GLICSPAWES 2023 "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" concert #1 of 20 is done.

Overall a very good to excellent concert for 2 hours and 35 mins inclusive of 20 mins of award ceremony
Last edited by rajeshnat on 25 Feb 2023, 16:15, edited 6 times in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Last season i pushed myself towards 12 concerts in season starting with Gurucharan and also writing . i think i covered 11 artists.Then in. Nov 2022 i wrote ,

I am calling the series as GLICSPAWES , that acronym stands for "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" GLICSPAWES 2021 had a count of 8 or 9 i think. Let me keep roughly a goal of 12 for GLICSPAWES 2022 season that ends in second week of Jan 2023."

I made 12 in GLICSPAWES 2022. Losing motivation to find time and attend and at times just beginning to feel in last few years should i alone write in rasikas.

LEt me begin with GLICSPAWES 2023 - keeping a goal say 20 for 2023.Goals are good thing to commit that way you fight against your own inertia.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 25 Feb 2023, 16:14, edited 6 times in total.

rajeshnat

Re: Suryaprakash@Rathnagirieeshwarar temple (Besant Nagar)on Feb 11th, 2022

Post by rajeshnat »

========For Whatsapp or FaceBook Forward ===================================

Day/Duration : Sunday / 2 hours and 35 mins inclusive of 15 mins break
Sabha / Hall : Rathnagirieeshwarar temple (Besant Nagar)
GLICSPAWES 2023 "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" concert #1 of 20 is done.

www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=378851#p378851
Last edited by rajeshnat on 25 Feb 2023, 16:15, edited 3 times in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Srkris,
There is some problem when no of lines are greater than what i posted ,it is not allowing me to post .I tried this repeatedly for a week and half and did not succeed .Even some times even few lines did not work as it was giving internal server error.Help @srkris

Mods
Change. the title of the first post to 2023