Citta Swara lyrics of Maa Dayai Nidhi Ennum in Vasantha

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
mahesh_narayan

Citta Swara lyrics of Maa Dayai Nidhi Ennum in Vasantha

Post by mahesh_narayan »

Could some please provide the complete sahitya? It goes something like "mAtA nI thandai nI yEn AdhAram......". Thanks !!!

Lakshman

Re: Citta Swara lyrics of Maa Dayai Nidhi Ennum in Vasantha

Post by Lakshman »

mA dayai nidhiyenum. rAgA: vasantA. Adi tALA. Papanasham Shivan.

P: mA dayai nidhiyenum nI dayai purindharuL mAdhavan
maruganE muruganE guhanE malai magaL maganE
A: bOdhayan paNi malarp-pAdanE maraimukhan
pughalarum praNava mahimai meip-poruLai
pughaz dhAtai kAdil Odum gurunAtha
(ciTTasvara)
mA ; ; dhA ; ; nI ; ; dhA ; mA ; gA ; rI
sA ; ; rI ; ; nI ; ; sA ; dhA nI sA* ;
mA gA mA sA rI sA mA gA mA dhA mA gA mA gA rI sA
rI sA gA rI mA gA dhA mA gA mA dhA nI dhA ; ; nI
mA dhA gA mA dhA nI mA dhA nI sA* dhA nI rI* nI dhA mA
gA mA dhA nI ; dhA mA gA mA nI dhA nI sA* ; ; nI
sA sA* nI dhA sA* nI dhA dhA nI mA dhA nI sA mA ;
gA* rI* sA* sA* ; nI dhA mA mA dhA nI dhA mA gA rI sA
C: kandanE kaliyugam tanil iru kaN kaNDa deivamena eNDishai pughazum
shendilAdhipa shiranda vEl aNiyum sEvala amarar kAval SaNmukha

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

There is one more charanam with the ankita "Ramadasa" - KVN has sung it. Can someone please give me the lyrics and also the meaning of the song (wordwise). Thanks in advance.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I tried to listen to the video but could not figure out some words as his wife accompanies him and in one spot the words overlap. Maybe someone else can try their hand. Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFfnwID ... pp=desktop

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Here are the ciTTasvara lyrics. Strangely enough, these are not in the printed book. Corrections welcome.
mAtA nI tandai nI en AdhAram vErum illai maraNa bhayamum aruL paDiyum
karuvaDaiyOr uruvoDu varum en piravi bhayamum paramarindarinda nAn
dinam sinam purindiDum tinaivarum porum narakabhayamum
manam enum saviyin avaniyum ANDavanum ANDavanE rAmadAsan tozhum

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Thanks much Lakshman Sir! If you or anyone can provide the meaning for the whole song that will be great!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

gardabha_gana wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 19:11 If you or anyone can provide the meaning for the whole song that will be great!
Give me a few days

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

gardabha_gana wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 19:11 Thanks much Lakshman Sir! If you or anyone can provide the meaning for the whole song that will be great!
Here you go. I had to listen multiple times to get the words of the ciTtasvara sAhitya. I am still not completely sure of the words. I request others to correct the lyrics and the meaning as well.

pallavi
mA dayai nidhiyenum nI dayai purindaruL
mAdhavan maruganE muruganE guhanE malai magaL maganE

Oh Lord, renowned as (enum) a mighty (mA) repository/ocean (nidhi) of mercy (dayai), you (nI) please shower/grant (purindu) (your) compassion (dayai) and bless (aruL) (me), Oh nephew (maruganE) of vishNu (mAdhavan), the handsome one (muruganE), the resident of the caverns of our consciousness (guhanE), the son (maganE) of Parvati, the daughter (magaL) of the mountain (malai) (king).

anupallavi
bOdhayan paNi malarp-pAdanE maRaimukhan
pugalarum praNava mahimai meip-poRuLai
pughaz tAtai kAdil Odum gurunAtha (mA dayai nidhiyenum...)

One with flower (malar)-like feet (pAdanE) worshipped (paNi) by the knowledgeable brahmA (bOdayan), the preceptor (gurunAthA/gurunAdA) who instructed/whispered (Odum) in his famed (pugazh) father’s (tAtai) ears (kAdil) the true (mei) and grand (mahimai) essence (poruLai) of the praNava that was unknown/unrecognized (pugalarum) to/by even the creator of the vEdas (maRaimukhan/maRaimugan), (renowned as a mighty repository/ocean of mercy, you please shower/grant (your) compassion and bless me).

caraNam
kandanE kaliyugam tanil iru kaN kaNDa deivamena eNDisai pughazum
sendilAdhipa siRanda vEl aNiyum sEvalA amarar kAvalA SaNmukhA (mA dayai nidhiyenum...)

Oh lord skandA (kandanE), all 8 directions (eNTisai) sing your praises (pugazhum) as the God (deivamena) beheld (kaNDa) by (one’s) two (iru) eyes (kaN) in (tanil) this kaliyug (kaliyugam). Oh lord (adhipA) of tiruccendUr (sendil), Oh one with the rooster pennant (sEvalA) who wears/bears (aNiyum) an excellent (siRanda) spear (vEl), the protector/guard (kAvalA) of the gods (amarar), the six faced one (shaNmukhA/shaNmugA), (renowned as a mighty repository/ocean of mercy, you please shower/grant (your) compassion and bless me).

ciTTasvara sAhityam
mAtA nI tandai nI en AdhAram vErum illai maraNa bhayamum aruL paDiyum
karuvaDaiyOr uruvoDu varum vem piRavi bhayamum padamarindarindu nAn
dinam dinam purindiDum tinaivarum koDum narakabhayamum
manam enum kapiyin avadhiyum aRa ANDavanE ANDavanE rAmadAsan tozhum (mA dayai nidhiyenum…)

You (nI) are (my) mother (mAtA) and father (tandai). There is no (illai) other (vERum) support (AdhAram) for me (en). The fear (bhayamum) of dead (maraNa) will be put to rest (aruL paDiyum). The very meaning (padam) of the cruel (vem) fear (bhayamum) of birth (piRavi) that comes (varum) in (ODu) the form (uruvu) of those who have been conceived (karuvuDaiyOr) will be destroyed (arindu arindu). Oh lord (ANDavanE ANDavanE), worshiped (tozhum) by the composer, rAmadAsan, (renowned as a mighty repository/ocean of mercy, you please shower/grant (your) compassion and bless me) so that the ever-present (tinaivarum) harsh (koDum) fear of hell (narakabhayamum) that I (nAn) experience (purindiDum) on a daily basis (dinam dinam), and the distress (avadhiyum) caused by this monkey (kapiyin) called (enum) my mind (manam) may be destroyed (aRa).

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Thanks rshankar for the corrections.

Rajani

Post by Rajani »

The sahitya with a few more corrections:

மாதா நீ தந்தை நீ என் ஆதாரம் வேறிங்கில்லை மரண பயமும் மறுபடியும் கருவடைந்தொர் உருவொடு வரும் வெம்பிறவி பயமும் மனமறிந்து அறிந்து நான் தினம் தினம் புரிந்திடும் வினை வரும் கொடும் நரக பயமும் மனமெனும் கபியின்  அவதியும் அற ஆண்டவனே ஆண்டவனே ராமதாசன் தொழும் 

I'll transliterate and post in the next few days

Rajani

Post by Rajani »

Chitta swara Sahitya

mAtA nI tandai nI en AdAram vERingillai, maraNa bayamum marubaDiyum karuvaDaintor
uruvodu varum vempiravi bayamum, manamaRindu aRindu nAn dinam dinam purindiDum vinai varum
koDum naraka bayamum manamenum kapiyin avadiyumaRa ANDavanE ANDavanE rAmadAsan tozhum

Rajani

Post by Rajani »

Editing RShankar's translation for the corrections

You (nI) are (my) mother (mAtA) and father (tandai). There is no (illai) other (vERu) support (AdAram) here (ingu).
Oh lord (ANDavanE) worshiped (tozhum) by the composer, rAmadAsan, who made me your servant(ANDavanE),

removing (aRa) the fear (bayamum) of death (maraNa), and the fear (bayamum) of again (maRupaDiyum) entering a womb (karuvaDaindu) and getting a body (uruvoDu varum), and therefore (another) painful birth (vempiravi), and

fear (bayamum) of hell harsh hell (koDum naraka) that will result (varum) due to deeds(vinai) that I
(nAn) perform (purindiDum) on a daily basis (dinam dinam), knowing well(arindu arindu)

and the distress (avadiyum) caused by this monkey (kapiyin) called (enum) my mind (manam).