Sri Vallabha Maha Ganapati Temple.SanMartin/ Bay area

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
thanjavooran

Sri Vallabha Maha Ganapati Temple.SanMartin/ Bay area

Post by thanjavooran »

Music concert sri vallabha maha ganapathi temple VVGC San Martin Hindu temple Vaidica vidhya ganapathi center Inc Sunday October 8 th 2023 usa bay area California
Vocal. S. Aishwarya S. Saundarya Great Grand Daughter of M S Subbulakshmi
Violin. Janardhan
Mirudhangam Phanindra

The concert started at 19 05 hrs with usual introduction by a volunteer
Following is the list of songs
.1. Jalajakshi varnam, Hamsadhwani
2. Sriman Narayana, Bowli
3. Dayanidhe Janakipathe, Nattai
4. Seetamma Maayamma, Vasantha Ragam, Niraval and Swaram
5. Ninnuvinna Naamadi, Navarasa Kannada
6. Nambi Kettavar illavo, Kalyani (Raga, Neraval, Swaram + Thani), neraval at Garuda gamana sree Punrandara
7. Akilandeshwari raksamam, Dwijavanthi. R
8. Shiva Panchaksharam (Nagendra Haraya), Ragamalika?
9. Petra thai tanai maghe marandalum, Tilang
10. Padam, Ahiri?
11. Kandu Kanda, Nadhanamakriya?
12. Kurai ondrum Illai, Ragamalika
13. Karuna rasa poorna sudhabdhey, Yamuna Kalyani?
14. Maithrim Bhajatha,
15. Mangalam

My observation
The concert was very good recollecting old memories of Great Grandmother with Grand mother.
Exact replica of Bharatha Rathna concert in earlier years. Soundarya very young, associated with elder sister in Niraval and Swaraprasthaaram. Not participated in Delineation of Ragam. Must be having some throat problem because of the chill weather yesterday. In gerneral a very good concert that I enjoyed after few covid years . Violin was nice and closely followed every step. Mirudhangam Vidwan with the small vadhyam tried his level best. In general the whole performance was quite enjoyable. Could be able to see few young girls taking notes. One Shastrigal who parroted the last slokam he by-hearted the previous night and rambled for 10 minutes. As the Hall was very high sound problems could be noticed and nicely managed then and there.. At the end Mahaprasadam was offered in the form of Dinner that I could not join since it was already 21 30 hrs as to reach back by 45 mts drive. Blessings to the Artistes for concerts in future. More detailed review from any Rasika is most welcome.
Thanjavooran
09 10 2023