Cleveland Aradhana April, 2019

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
arasi

Re: Cleveland Aradhana April, 2019

Post by arasi »

TyagarAja is immersed in the GangA waters of meditation because dhyAnamE varamai (meditating upon rAmA is a boon).
If we could catch his attention for a moment, he would say he has nothing against amity born out of a love for music. Nothing against our tradition here (though it's a new tradition)--just like the Cleveland Aradhana itself.
Move to the lounge, we are told. Then the dump site ("all rubbish!")??
Trespassers, ignore this thread, you simply don't belong here, it's obvious. By the way, it has not only been hindering and insulting, but also distracting for those who wanted to share more about the festival and the music. Please keep away from what's worth nothing to you...:(

Admin, Mods,
May I request you to delete all the irrelevant posts? kalyAnaNa vITTilE oppAri edaRku? Why a dirge in a wedding celebration?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

rsr
photos link is only shared .May be initially you thought 200 photos will be posted with images,here but with just link you can choose to ignore. Also never assume everyone has facebook ids. i dont have yet facebook account. I am 100 percent sure that with this thread u have stated all that you wanted to say. now u can take a passive break in this thread.

RSR

Post by RSR »

rajeshnat wrote: 30 May 2019, 08:39 rsr
photos link is only shared .May be initially you thought 200 photos will be posted with images,here but with just link you can choose to ignore. Also never assume everyone has facebook ids. i dont have yet facebook account. I am 100 percent sure that with this thread u have stated all that you wanted to say. now u can take a passive break in this thread.
--------------------------
Dear Sir,
Kindly refer to @128 and @135.[/color
meenaakshi wrote: ↑12 May 2019, 19:57Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jN8YoB7Eu7QWQPB78 Best Solution! Thank you.
For displaying images, ( not videos), my choice is sites.google.com
it is free for any one with gmail account. Ultra simple to insert images,
I am not againt images in a web page, It does (sometimes) enhance the experience.
I have used them extensively in
sites.google.com/site/homage2mssubbulakshmi
,, ,, /dkpattammalsongs
,, ,, /ncvasanthakokilam
]I have already apprecited
that only a link has been provided to the photos. It is least obtrusive and most welcome. As you mentioined, I have stated all my points and shifted the continuation to Thyagaraja Krithis thread* (#327 Re: Thyagaraja (Krithis) with a short introductory note , in an attempt to select 50 t0 60 best krithis, filled with devotion bhavam and of slow pace. What I am trying to say is that with such wonderful krithis best suited for Thyagaraja Aradhana, at least next year, the organizers can suggest such kritis to the vocalists. and avoid such kritis which do not fit with the avowed objective of the Cleveland' Thyagaraja' Aradhna festival.
I am sure that among the thousands of viewers of the thread, there would be quite a few who appreciate my constructive criticism.

As advised by you, this is the lat post in this thread. Thank you and Regards.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

RSR, you are wrong.

Kindly consider. At least the possibility!

And if you are still convinced that you are right, then our elder stateslady arasi has some good advice for you.

RasikasModerator2

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

Ok, what is all this over a trifle? Is this a school classroom? :lol:

There are plenty of limitations with our image upload facility (try it once and see why no one uses it) and we don't recommend uploading images into the threads at all now - that might have worked last decade, but times have changed, space is scarce, data voluminous and expanding faster than the universe -- and links are quick and abundant. If you are going to bulk share photos or videos, links from Google, Facebook and Whatsapp or YouTube are the only way to go. Links keep posts small for our collective convenience. :)

Your own preferred choice of music media and what you prefer sharing is one thing, they have their merit and value, but they are your preferences alone. Do not insist that all must toe your line. Times keep changing and so does technology - and there are elegant solutions for everything.

RasikasModerator2

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

Post deleted. Seriously are some of you hitting puberty for the first time or did you let your 10 year olds do the typing? You're in a public place so act like it. This ain't Tinder.