Jayachamaraja Odeyar (Mysore Maharajah) - Part I

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

mAtu for
|| mahiShAsura mardini ||

rAga: nAmanArAyaNi ; khaNDa tripuTa tALa

mahiShAsura mardini manOnmani |
mahAlakShmi mahAkALi mahAvANi ||P||

dEhi mudam dayAvAhini dAkSAyiNi |
Ehi kAmavairi manOhlAdakAriNi ||
sAhitya mUlAkShara svarUpiNi sUkShma nALAntargata trivENi ||AP||

aNimAdyaShTa siddhidAyini niranjani |
guNijanahitakAriNi tryambaka kuTumbini |
gaNESa guhajanani OmkAra ghOShiNi |
vINAgAna tOShiNi SrI vidyAvihAriNi ||
mANikya makuTabhUShiNi mRdubhAShiNi mAnini nAmanArAyaNi ||C||

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Part 1 of Meaning

rAga: nAmanArAyaNi ; khaNDa tripuTa tALa

mahiShAsura mardini- Slayer of mahiShAsura; manOnmani;
mahAlakShmi; mahAkALi; mahAvANi; (She is the personification of lakShmI, sarasvatI and kALI)

dEhi mudam dayAvAhini- Give me bliss O bearer of compassion; dAkSAyiNi;
Ehi-Come near; kAmavairi manOhlAdakAriNi- You Who give happiness to the heart of Siva, the foe of manmatha;
sAhitya mUlAkShara svarUpiNi- You Who is in the form of the primordial letter that is the origin of all literature(OmkAra);
sUkShma nALAntargata trivENi- You Who is the trivENi within the sUkShma nALa;
trivENI refers to the iDA, pingaLA and suShumnA nADIs. The conjunction of the 3 is called mukta trivENi or the brahma granthi. The 3 nADIs represent the 3 rivers gangA, yamunA, sarasvatI.
I am not aware of the specific meaning of sUkShma nALa. nALa is of course a canal or tubular cavity in the body. sUkShma also has the meaning of marrow as also the parabrahma.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Part 2 of meaning of

aNimAdyaShTa siddhidAyini- You Who grant the 8 siddhis- aNimA, mahimA, garimA laghimA, prApti, prAkAMya, ISitva, vaSitva;
niranjani-- You Who is without attachment (parabrahma);
guNijana hitakAriNi- You Who does good to the righteous;
tryambaka kuTumbini- Wife of the three-eyed Siva;
gaNESa guhajanani Mother of gaNESa and ShaNmukha; OmkAra ghOShiNi- You Who is heralded/announced by OmkAra;
vINAgAna tOShiNi- You Who takes pleasure in the playing of vINe; SrI vidyAvihAriNi You Who dally in SrIvidyA;
mANikya makuTabhUShiNi- You Who is adorned by gem-studded crown; mRdubhAShiNi-You Who is soft-spoken; mAnini; nAmanArAyaNi.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

nAmanArAyaNi or nAmadESi is the 5oth mELa. It is also called narmada. Scale

SR1G3M2PD1N2S* || S*NDPMGRS ||

This rAga occurs immediately before kAmavardhini in the mELakarta series and differs only in niShAda from the latter. G,M and N are the jIva swaras. The rAga is SOka and karuNA rasa pradhAna. dIkShitar`s version is essentially the same with some viSESha usages which eschew some swaras. The rAga is very beautiful and is another of those not well-explored rAgas.
oDeyar`s kRti on mahiShAsura mardini is catchy with nice madhyamakAla phrases. The rUpaka tALa helps the same.
Please post any piece in this rAga (An RTP??? Is it wishful thinking?). It would be great to hear narmadAkAvErI of MD.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

sUkShma nALAntargata trivENi

This has reference to kuNdalini or tantra yoga. Pages can be written about it. I'll be very brief. The stUla sareera is our physical body and correspondingly is the sUkShma sareera or the astral body. Of course the astral body is experiential and cannot be concretely demonstrated. The energy in the physical body is transmitted through the spinal chord as well as the right and left sympathetic nervous system. Correspondingly in the astral body the shakti(or praaNa) is transmitted through the sUShmuna, Ida and Pingala which are charaterized as the Triveni corresponding to Sarasvati, Ganga and Yamuna in Bharata varSha as also the Agni, Sun and the Moon in the universe. KunDalini once awakened traverses through the sUShmuna(which is normally closed until opened through yogic practice) to attain samaadhi. Just as the mythical river sarasvati is not seen, so is sUShmuna subtle or sUkShma. The brahma granthi is where all three unite. nALa simply means a channel through which the kuNDalini energy (representing dEvi) traverses.

Hence Odeyar is referring to dEvi as the kuNDalini energy which when it attains the trivENi (union at the brahma granthi through yOga) gives the bliss(mudam). i.e., dEhi mudam which is the refrain of the song.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

No RTP's here.But two tracks with elaborate alapanas

first by Kalyanraman
http://rapidshare.de/files/5538721/31-Namanarayani.mp3

and another sweet one by balmurali

http://rapidshare.de/files/5539209/sang ... rayani.mp3

the odeyar rendering is being improved .will come up next

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Sorry there is a small eror in my earlier posting.
The riSabha is Suddha and not R2.

The scale will be
SR1G3M2PD1N2S* || S*NDPMGRS ||

Raja Chandra

Post by Raja Chandra »

CML,

thanks for a succinct note on kundalini yoga,

John George Woodroffe's ( aka Arthur Avalon) book " Serpent power" (by Ganesh & Co) is considered as a authoritative book on this subject.

"The Hindu" sought oDeyar to review this book.

Here is a synopsis:

One of the main doctrines of Hinduism consists in its worship of S'akti as the ultimate force that governs the world. We find similarly doctrines emphasizing the greatness of S'iva or Visnu. Each of these has a theology of its own as well as different form's by which worship is conducted. Of these, Tantra is that which deals with S'aktism in particular, containing philosophical treatises, theology, Yogic practices, ritual, dialectic, etc.

Kundalini Yoga is one of the most important of the S'akti Tantras.It is spoken of in the Yoga upanişads, in the Agamas, and other esoteric works. The S'akti known as Kuņdalinï one which is found within everyone. Kuņdalinï Yoga is the method by which that which is coiled, at the root-centre, is aroused by means of Yogic practices, so that the Bhujangï can be taken through the six psychic centres within the human body to r each the realisation which leads to release from bondage. We are told that man is in essence "the power-holder of S'iva", 'pure consciousness'-as compared with 'mind and body' which is the manifestation of 'S'iva's Power'- the 'Śakti or Mother'. Therefore, in essence man is of the nature of both S'iva and Śakti. "He is", we are told, "an expression of Power". Kuņdalinï –Yoga is the means by which the power within ourselves is
raised to its "perfect expression", as Avalon remarks and "is perfect in the sense of unlimited experience". He (the Sadhaka) then attains Bliss.
For full text:
d/l

http://rapidshare.de/files/5559515/kund ... a.pdf.html

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

RC

Thanks for that reference. My respect for Odeyar has gone up several notches. He was a great scholar who kneww the best of both east and west. My son who is a neurologist is doing active research in this area which is also an active topic among neuroscientists at the Maharishi Institute. Many of these ideas are being scientifically vindicated while we in India no longer believe in our own sages! In the West however the ideas are cash-cows in the hands of big business and pharmaceuticals. Only now some folks in India are realizing that West is silently patenting many of our age-old ancient ideas converting and marketing them as gadgets. Day is not far off when kuNDalini yOga will be imported into India by a multinational with their special brand name (TM).

kartik

Post by kartik »

There was a thematic Odeyar concert in the composers festival in 2002 in Bangalore .This was a concert of T.M.Krishna.
R.K.Srikanthan's concert was on Mysore Vasudevacharya and OST rendered one on HMB.I could attend only the RKS concert and boy what a concert it was!!
I will try and lay my hands on the Odeyar concert on TMK and one of Santhanam that my uncle has in his collection.
Santhanam has rendered SriMahaganapathim(atana),Chintayami(hindolam)and durga devi(dharmavathi).

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

my uncle has in his collection
knowing your uncle well , good luck karthick .when do you plan the break in ? not on a weekend i suppose.getting bail would be difficult on a sunday (just in case things go wrong)

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

coolkarni

Even if Kartik succeeds it is still TMK

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

I have uploaded cintayAmi satatam in vIravasanta for discussion next.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5591213/Veer ... m.mp3.html

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

sAhitya
|| cintayAmi satatam hastivadanam ||

rAga: vIravasanta ; caturaSRa aTa tALa

cintayAmi satatam hastivadanam parASakti sahitam ||P||

citprakASakaram cidAnandakara pAdapadmam ||
cintyAcintyAtItam j~nAnAnandayutam brahmANDakOTi vanditam vIravasantarAgahitam ||AP||

kumArAgrajam SrIvidyAkaumArIsutam |
kumbhasambhavAdi sakalamunivinuta vakratuNDam |
kAmAri nayanAhlAdakaram atipavitracaritam |
kumkuma sadRSa kusumaSobhitam vidhRtEkShu daNDam ||
kamanIya gAtram mUla prakRti puruSha sukhakaram sarva vighnavAraNa lambOdaram vAram vAram ||C||

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Meaning of
|| cintayAmi satatam hastivadanam ||

rAga: vIravasanta ; caturaSRa aTa tALa

cintayAmi satatam hastivadanam-I think of That elephant-faced Lord; parASakti sahitam- Him with the Sakti parA(of the 4 stages of speech) or Him with parASakti.

citprakASakaram- Him Who enlightens the intellect; cidAnandakara pAdapadmam- Him Whose lotus-feet make the mind happy;
cintyAcintyAtItam- Him beyond that which can be thought of or not though of;
j~nAnAnandayutam- Him with the knowledge and bliss(cit and Ananda rUpa);
brahmANDakOTi vanditam- Him saluted by a crore(countless) universes; vIravasanta rAgahitam- Him pleased by the rAga vIravasanta;

kumArAgrajam- Elder brother of kumAra; SrIvidyAkaumArIsutam- Son of kaumArI( Who is SrividyA personified;
kumbhasambhavAdi sakalamunivinuta vakratuNDam- That crooked- toothed (tusk) Lord praised by agastya and all other sage;
kAmAri nayanAhlAdakaram- Him Who brings happiness to the eyes of Siva
( the light/apple of Siva`s eyes which light up everytime He sees His son, gaNapati);
atipavitracaritam- Him witha a hallowed and holy nature/disposition/character;
kumkuma sadRSa kusumaSobhitam- Him adorned by vermilion-coloured flowers;
vidhRtEkShu daNDam- Him wielding the stem of a sugarcane;
kamanIya gAtram- Him with an attractive form;
mUla prakRti puruSha sukhakaram- Him providing comfort/pleasure to mUlaprakRti(Sakti) and puruSha(Siva);
sarva vighnavAraNa lambOdaram- Tha pot-bellied One Who removes all obstacles;
vAram vAram- time and again)ever) I think of Him.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

vIravasanta is a upAnga janya of varuNapriya, the 24th mELa. It itself is the 24th mELa in the asampUrNa paddhati. There are some variations in scale in the 2 schools. oDeyar has used the same scale as tyAgarAja

SG2R2M1PS*N3S*| S*ND3PMGRS ||

The asampUrNa mELa uses vakra sancAras to avoid vivAdi dOSha.
SRMPNDNS* | S*NPMRGS ||

The rAga evokes vIra and adbhuta rasas. R and M are important swaras as also P. D is suppressed and not usually elongated ( you will find musicians taking liberties here). oDeyar`s has composed a lenghty kRti in the rAga which has aided him to explore the rAga at length.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Can we have MD`s "vIravasanta tyAgarAja" and TyAgarAja`s "Emani pogaDudurA". Here is a version by MSG from Musicindiaonline.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/gUO ... As1NMvHdW/

abadri

Post by abadri »

Here's GNB presenting "Emani pogaDudurA"
http://rapidshare.de/files/5613111/GNB- ... santam.wma

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

DRS
i have drawn a blank on veeravasantha.
just i case you were waiting for me

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

I was away for a conference for 7 days and it seems like ages. Looks like I have missed a lot!
Was there a composition of Odeyar in natanArAyaNI? Can some one repost the link if there was?
CML,
I do not have Santhanam's version of jAnaki manOharam, but I have this mAnd from Santhanam:
http://rapidshare.de/files/4374284/09_n ... d.mp3.html;
And here is another song I think is in mAnd as well:
http://rapidshare.de/files/5653156/05_1 ... u.m4a.html

Thanks.
Ravi

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

rshankar
welcome back ! we were wondering if you had joined the ranks of the silent majority

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thanks, Kulkarni sa'ab!
Me and silent? My family will tell you that phrase is an oxymoron!
BTW, here is MSS singing TAkur thum:
http://rapidshare.de/files/5653515/17_T ... d.m4a.html
Ravi

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Iam posting the next one in bhuvanagAndhAri. (this is a new link for a better quality recording).

http://rapidshare.de/files/5668020/bhuv ... I.mp3.html

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

mATu for
|| bhuvanESvari ||

rAga: bhuvanagAndhAri ; dESAdi tALa

bhuvanESvari bhuvanamanOhari |
bhuvana gAndhAri tripura sundari ||P||

bhUrAdi lOkavyApini |
bhuvana mOdini viSvavinOdini ||
SivaSaktE SivakAntE SivakAyE SivajAyE SivArdhamUrtE ||

mahAdEvAdi sampUjitE |
mahAgaNapati guhESa sahitE |
anAhatAdi ShaTkamalAntassthitE |
akhaNDaika rasAsvAda bharitE ||
akacaTatapyaSAdi varNavaikharI prakASini SivE SrIbAlE |
aNimAdyaShTasiddhi SaktyAtmaka navAvaraNa SrImadAdividye ||

solkaTTU
makhadhvamsakari magasarimA tajham jhaNuTa murahara pamamaga takiTa manOranjakari maga taddhimikiTa lalitAmbike sanidapa tadhigiNatOm ||

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Meaning of
|| bhuvanESvari ||

rAga: bhuvanagAndhAri ; dESAdi tALa

bhuvanESvari; bhuvanamanOhari- She Whos enchants the world;
bhuvana gAndhAri; tripura sundari;

bhUrAdi lOkavyApini- She Who pervades the 7(or 14) worlds starting with bhUH;
bhuvana mOdini- She Who pleases the world; viSvavinOdini- She Who is entertained by the world;
SivaSaktE- She Who is the power of Siva;
SivakAntE- She Who atracts Siva;
SivakAyE- She Who is the abode of Siva;
SivajAyE- Wife of Siva;
SivArdhamUrtE- She Who forms half of Siva`s body;

mahAdEvAdi sampUjitE- She Who is worshipped by mahAdEva et al;
mahAgaNapati guhESa sahitE- She Who is accompanied by gaNESa and kArtikEya;
anAhatAdi ShaTkamalAntassthitE- She Who lives in the 6 cakras including anAhata;
akhaNDaika rasAsvAda bharitE- She Who is filled with boundless bliss;
akacaTatapyaSAdi varNavaikharI prakASini- She Who illumines(or is manifest in) the various letter groups beginning with a, ka, ca, Ta, ta, pa, ya and Sa; SivE; SrIbAlE;
aNimAdi aShTasiddhi Sakti Atmaka navAvaraNa SrImadAdividye- She Who is SrIvidya elaborated in the 9 AvaraNas that include within them the 8 siddhis.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

DRS

Any idea what he means by
bhuvana gAndhAri

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

bhuvanagAndhAri is a upAnga janya of naThabhairavi, the 20th mELa. Its scale is

SR2M1PN2S* | S*ND1PMG2S ||

This is a rare and beautiful rAga. M, N and P appear to be the prominent swaras. The rAga evokes SRngAra and bhakti.
oDeyar`s kRtis is an authoritative essay on this rare rAga. This kRti has a solkaTTu (seen in several MD kRtis). oDeyar has also used the swarAkShara i several places to embellish the kRti_ e.g in the 2nd sangati of the pallavi bhuvanagAndhArI, makhadhvamsakarI, manOranjanaari.
Another clever usage is "jhaNuta murahara" where "nuta murahara" is implied.
Note that this kRti does not have a verb. The pecussion accompaniment for this kRti is excellent and particularly noteworthy.

There are only 2 other known kRtis in the rAga
paramAtmani of mIsu kRShNayyar &
lalitAmbE SrImAtE of vINe venkaTagiriyappa. This latter song is wrongly listed as that of HMB despite the mudre harikESa being absent. (Lakshman Please correct this in your list).

By any slim chance, can anyone post a rendering of this rAga/above kRtis?

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

CML
at present I have taken bhuvanagAndhAri to be a straightforward reference to the rAga (and Her as the personification of the rAga). If I come up wit another explanation, I will post it.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

gAndhArI is an intoxicant. bhuvana is of course world(among many other meanings). She is an intoxicant of the world i.e mAyA/mahAmAyA

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Can someone post Lalgudi`s tillAna in mAND?
Dr. Shrikaanth,
Is this what you meant?
http://rapidshare.de/files/5683901/04_t ... i.m4a.html
Ravi Shankar

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Thanks Ravi.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Next one is SrI cAmuNDESvarIm in ShaDvidhamArgiNi.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5686899/ShaD ... e.mp3.html

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

sAhitya for
|| SrI cAmuNDESvarIm ||

rAga: ShaDvidhamArgiNi ; Adi tALa (2 kaLe)

SrI cAmuNDESvarIm bhajarE rE mAnasa |
vAcAmagOcara mahimAnvitam SankarIm ||P||

SrIcakrAntargatAm vicitra caritAm ||
SrI candraSEkhara vAmAnka SObhitAm vicArapara hRdayasthitAm ||AP||

surArcitAm SrI vidyAm paradEvatAm |
purANEtihAsAdi pratipAditAm |
SarvAdi praNavalinga nAyakIm |
bhUrAdi caturdaSa lOkarakShakIm ||
svarAtmikArtha svarUpiNIm citsvarUpiNIm ShaDvidhamArgiNIm ||C||

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

DRS
gAndhArI is an intoxicant. bhuvana is of course world(among many other meanings). She is an intoxicant of the world i.e mAyA/mahAmAyA
That looks very reasonable (similar to jaganmOhinI). However M-W or Apte do not have it. Does it have a derivation from ga~nja (intoxicating hemp)?

kartik

Post by kartik »

http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/artifact/ ... anidhi.htm

has some paintings of Sri Tattva Nidhi.

I was interested in finding out about how to decipher the God residing in the salagrama and lo,the Sritattva nidhi has a detailed chapter on this.

http://www.salagram.net/sstp-salkosh5STN.html

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

DRS
I have drawn blank on Bhuvanagandhari

will try to do better on shadavidhamargini

kartik

Post by kartik »

Heard that SK rendered Gnana mosaga in Shadvidhamargini in Shanmukhananda hall once.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Online Apte`s does list the meaning "a kind of intoxicant" for "gaandhaarii".

>>>search `gaandhaarii' in `Apte Dic'
meanings of "gaandhaarii"

f.{ii-stem}

1.name of the daughter of subala, king of the gaandhaaras and wife of dhRtaraaSTra;

2.a kind of intoxicant;

3.a particular vein in the left eye<<<

Cologne digital too mentions "points of hemp" (also mentioning gAnjAkiNi!!). gAnjA is hemp and must be derived from gAndhAri or a variation of it.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

As Karthik mentioned, it will be great to hear j~nAnamosaga in ShaDvidhamArgiNi.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

... gAndhArI is an intoxicant. bhuvana is of course world(among many other meanings).
Sorry for digressing. Afghanistan was known as gAndhAr in ancient times (today's Kandahar). If this means intoxicant, would that have any links with opium cultivation today being the dominant commercial activity in Afghanistan?

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

a short one by TNS
in shadavidhamargini
http://rapidshare.de/files/5699311/07-a ... i.mp3.html

kaapi

Post by kaapi »

I have heard MDR render GnAnamusagarAdha in Shadvidha MArgiNi. Coolkarni, if you can locate this, then we can have a good feel for a very authentic version of the raga.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

DRS
Perfect. I also located it in the appendix to Apte. Looks like a later day addition.

Chembai

Precisely what I was thinking. Afganistan (our ancient Gandhara) is/was the opium capital of the world! It was also famous for fast horses from ancient times. In fact some investigators associate 'Soma rasa' with the extract from the ga~nja weed!

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

srkris and CML
I was thinking of exactly the same associations between present-day Afghansistan, kandahar and opium.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Kulkarni sa'ab,
Thanks for that track.
I have a question for the experts: TNS sings 'sundharAnga, sukAngEya'... should it not be 'sundharAnga, sugAngEya'? (a la 'kArthikEya, gAngEya gowri thanayA' of P. Sivan's). I wouldn't have any doubts, except that Gayathri Girish who normally pronounces and enunciates perfectly, also sings 'sukAngEya'.
Ravi

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

su-gAngEya is the correct way to sing. I guess since it is a tamizh kRti, people take liberty with ka and ga. Even so sugAngEya is right as it is one word and ga falls within the word and not initially and hence must be pronounced as ga only.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

DRS,
Thanks.
Ravi

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Meaning of
|| SrI cAmuNDESvarIm ||

rAga: ShaDvidhamArgiNi ; Adi tALa (2 kaLe)

SrI cAmuNDESvarIm bhajarE rE mAnasa- Sing praise of cAmuNDESvari O mind;
vAcAmagOcara mahimAnvitam- Her with greatness beyond words; SankarIm;

SrIcakrAntargatAm- Her within the SrIcakra;
vicitra caritAm- Her with a wonderful/brilliant nature/charm;
SrI candraSEkhara vAmAnka SObhitAm- Her shining on the left thigh of Siva;
vicArapara hRdayasthitAm- Her residing in the hearts of those with reflective/questioning mind (as the upaniShads advocate);
surArcitAm- Her worshipped by the Gods; SrIvidyAm; paradEvatAm;
purANEtihAsAdi pratipAditAm- Her expounded by the purANas and legend/history;
SarvAdi praNavalinga nAyakIm- Her Who is the mistress of Sarva and other praNava lingas;
( I am not sure what prNava linga refers to. Can someone else chip in?)
bhUrAdi caturdaSa lOkarakShakIm- Her Who protects the 14 worlds (bhUH etc);
svarAtmika artha svarUpiNIm- Her Who is the meaning of the vEdas;
svara refers to the intonation(udAtta, anudAtta and avarita) used in chanting the vEdas. Therefore, by extension svarAtmika is that which contains these i.e vEdas.

citsvarUpiNIm- Her in the form of intellect;
ShaDvidhamArgiNIm- Her expressed in the 6 ways/paths.
ShaDvidha can refer to ShaTcakras, ShaNmatas, ShaDdarSanas, ShaTSAstras or ShaDangas.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

SarvAdi praNavalinga nAyakIm

I believe here linga is used in the generic sense of symbol. Hence
praNavalinga would mean OmkaararUpaM. Thus the meaning would be
'to her who is the Mistress of the Omkaara symbolizing Siva in the forms such as Sarva (the form of destroyer or one who is in the earth element (p^RithvI)) etc. To my knowledge there is also no Sarva lingam.

I liked the clevar interpretation of svara as the vedas (I assume it is your own!).