searching for morsing school or master in india

To teach and learn Indian classical music
nomadagad

Post by nomadagad »

namaskar, i will go in india this winter,i would like learning morsing, do you know any contact or places to learn that instrument . thx nomadagad

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Surprisingly few morsing artists.

I suspect that you would find more in London than in Chennai!!!!!

shapna

Post by shapna »

i am in chennai , learning morsing from srirangam kannan though he is busy he teaches with great dedication and patience.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Raman (who mostly accompanies Sudha Raghunathan in concerts) / Thirukkannapuram Sowrirajan / Sundar (who also playes tabla stays at Ambattur) these three names i can think of now apart from Srirangam Kannan Sir.
JB

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Although his name is so strongly associated with Ghatam, Sri V. Suresh will teach morsing. He teaches mridangam, konnakol etc to his students. He speaks very good English --- a factor which might be important to someone coming from abroad.

With an instrument such as mridangam, where the fingering is well established (albeit that different schools have slight differences) only good, correctly-learnt and correctly-practiced fingering produces good sound. With the morsing, in the end it is down to what you can do with your tongue, teeth and mouth. What you must learn and study is the theory and the konnakol.

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

please try bangalore rajasekhar. he seems a promising vidwan