Welcome to new members

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
mankuthimma

Re: Welcome to new members

Post by mankuthimma »

I do notice that Shatavadhani Ganesh is here as a member too. Such a briliant orator on matters related to music , philosophy....
His CM for the layman programs with Nagavalli Nagraj is a classic for Kannadigas.
Someday I will put up a small representative link . Just to show the class of that act.

hariniraghavan

Post by hariniraghavan »

Yes mankuthimma. Please do that.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

All the best. Toronto has already very talented musicians, instrumentalists you will be one more ...gobilalitha

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4y2wpy8ty ... alyani.mp3

Brilliant stuff . I am wary of putting more tracks .I would rather convince some Recording Company to release them as an album.It is certainly a very worthy presentation.

hariniraghavan

Post by hariniraghavan »

That Hammir Kalyani was excellent. I liked the elachi-vanilla comparison. Pl. post the entire program if possible.
Harini.

srinath G

Post by srinath G »

Namsate,

I would like to introduce myself as Srinath G. I am from Bangalore.
I am learning Carnatic Music (Violin) from past 5 yrs and I am student of Nadayogi Mysore V Ambaprasad.

Hope to have good time using this website. :D

Best Regards,
srinath

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

A warm welcome to you srinath G..
Enjoy your stay here..

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

srinathG, enjoy your long musical journey with rasikas

cookmex

Post by cookmex »

Hello. I'm Rob from Mexico city.

Regards, Rob.
Last edited by cookmex on 26 Aug 2010, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

SRINATH, extending you a very warm welcome as a fellow Bangalorean GOBILALITHA (S K BALASUBRAMANIAN)

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

A warm welcome to Rob from Mexico City and Srinath from Bengaluru! Hope you find the forum educational and interesting.

syamale

Post by syamale »

Namasthe, i was introduced to this beautiful website by my son. Without my knowledge i got really addicted to this. I am impressed with the knowledge of Coolji, gobilalita , Nick and many more. My introduction is i love music, I try and attend as many concerts as i can. My son went to US for aero space engg. He is learning violin from Madam Kanyakumari, recently he got direct B.high grade in violin. He also learned vocal from sri Seshacharigaru. I am thankful to you all, i never got into loneliness because i keep busy reading all the threads.God bless you all. :clap: :clap:

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Welcome Syamale! Hope we are able to keep you engaged and keep lonliness at bay!!
PS: Your name reminds me of one of my favorites from the nOTTusvarams (SyAmaLE mInAkshI sundarESvara sAkshI)!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

syamale, welcome and thanks for the kind words, which are much better deserved by others! In concerts, I make up for lack of knowledge with my enthusiasm: online, I make up for it by having a loud mouth ;) :lol:

syamale

Post by syamale »

Shankar and Nick thank you for the warm welcome. Nick as i have mentioned many are deserving to be appreciated for sharing their knowledge with us, who are just lay rasikas, pure love for the art than knowledge. Till two years back i was busy with kids, my school and household chores. suddenly both the kids left for higher studies, and i started my musical journey with you all. Rasika and sunada.radio (online radio) are my favourite links now.

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

I am impressed with the knowledge of Coolji
Good . I shall keep a safe distance . To make sure that you are not disappointed. :lol:
I am reminded of the first lecdem of Akellaji I attended at Sastri Hall . It was a sparse crowd . Starting with
what is your name ...
Now tell me the answer to....

My Mind worked overtime . What should I say if he asks me a question . Every possible answer that I could think of would only point at one direction .. That I was just taking a stroll and had peeped in because I had nothing better to do . I even thought of the ploy of acting as person with stammering to wriggle out.
What do the Masters say ? Gnana Marga and Bhakthi Marga as two high roads .
My path is walking along the fields- cross country . Sometimes following a trail , bust mostly on Virgin Soil.

Welcome Shyamale . It is a rare gift to know something about this music . I have now stopped wondering about Heaven . I have experienced it right here.Thanks to all these Gandharvas . Even if I am poked into repeated janmas , I would not mind .
As long as I have the same ears .
And mp3. :clap:

rasi

Post by rasi »

HI. This forum has very good musical discussions, and addresses many questions related to music. Its been very knowledgable.

I have also been playing the veena for a few years. But now, I have moved to Lubbock, Texas, for my masters. Is there anybody in/near Lubbock from whom I can rent or buy a veena from? I hate to stop playing just because I moved to a new state. I was hoping to get one from somewhere here. If not I'll have to send for mine in India.

Please let me know.

syamale

Post by syamale »

"As long as I have the same ears .
And mp3".

I know how imp. is mp3. Even at the time of my surgery, i took my mp3 with Nedunurigari live concerts for about 4hrs.(My doc. gave me permission). For this Janma i am very happy with my ears and mp3 for next janma i want lord Ganesh to give me some swara gyanam. I am not satisfied only identifying ragas with out knowing the swaras in that ragam. Thank you for welcoming me this lovely forum.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Surgery... Goodness, you remind me how, in my carnatic "youth" I took carnatic music to hospital with me. Must be about fifteen or seventeen years ago now.

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

syamale wrote:"As long as I have the same ears .
And mp3".
Thank you for welcoming me this lovely forum.
Here is your Welcome Drink :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/939apbtiu ... Chorus.mp3

syamale

Post by syamale »

Such a nice welcome drink. Thank you Mankuthimma. Learnt this as a kid. Nick i am happy to know there are a few like me, who take music along where ever they can. Those three months on bed, i made list of all the ragas and their duration from my music collection. I donot know whether that helped my son, i thorougly enjoyed doing that.

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Enjoyed that welcome drink. Nice!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Very nice indeed. Who are the artists?

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

No idea , Ravi .

syamale

Post by syamale »

I have few concerts of D.K.Pattamal,D.K.Jayaraman,Althur brothers,KVN, GNB,Nedunuri, Voleti and few present day artists from their albums also i made a note...

csmurthy

Post by csmurthy »

Just joined. Like to share a lot of music experience. The essence of good living. Look forward for more

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

camurthy, Welcome aboard. Wish you a happy and long journey with all rasikas

syamale

Post by syamale »

A very warm welcome csmurthy. I am sure you will have lovely time with fellow rasikas.

srisisters

Hello.......

Post by srisisters »

Hello... :D
I am Kaza.Vindhya Sri, one of the SRI SISTERS OF HYDERABAD.
We are new to Rasika!!!! It's really wonderful to read all your discussions on Carnatic Music.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Welcome Sri Sisters.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Welcome aboard. Make this forum rich

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Welcome to vidushi Geetha Bennett!
I enjoy your music (and your Father's too!) - good to have you here on the forum!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Smt Geetha Bennett
Welcome to this forum. Besides enjoying your music I enjoy your Tamil short stories too.

Thanjavooran 30 10 2010

subbu390

Post by subbu390 »

Hello All,
This is my first post here as a registered member with a common shared love for Carnatic music. Looking forward to participate in this forum.

Regards,
Subbu

bilahari

Post by bilahari »

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to your participation, Subbu!

sahrudaya

Post by sahrudaya »

]Happay Deepavali to one and all.
I have just now joined a very useful and comprehensive medium of communication among the classical music and dance freternity.
thanks

sahrudaya

Post by sahrudaya »

To the interested ones,
Wanted a female sub editor with a minimum knowledge of music and dance (either full time or part time) for a monthly journal on music and dance published from Bangalore. Candidates residing in and around Chamarajpet, Bangalore are preferred. Please reply with phone number immediately.Or contact at sahrudaya@rocketmail.com

Aishwarya S

Post by Aishwarya S »

I am a new entrant to Rasikas. My name is Aishwarya and I am the daughter of cienu .

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Aishwarya S
Welcome to the forum and best wishes in your musical journey.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Aishwarya! I'm sort of surprised to be welcoming you here, because it feels like you have always been here! :)

Welcome to official membership!

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Aishwarya S - you have been part of this rasikas.org for a long time; we welcome you officially now. Happy musical journey!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Hi Aishwarya - welcome! Like Nick and VRV say, we all feel we know you through your dad!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Warm welcome Aishvarya to our Forum. Now you will know what happens firsthand rather than hearing from your dad :D
Keep us posted on your progress in the musical world!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Aishwarya,
Welcome aboard! Hope to see you soon!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Hi Aishwarya warm welcome

With blessings,
Thanjavooran 12 01 2001

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

ChinnappeNNE ChinnappeNNE varuha varuhavE ( the film song with these starting words and your koLLu pATTi's song with the latter words running through my head!! )

Aishwarya S

Post by Aishwarya S »

To all of you, I must say that I am overwhelmed by your welcome. To start with, my father has asked me to spend some time in reading the forum especially the Technical discussions side.
Thank you all once again.
Aishwarya

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

my father has asked me to spend some time in reading the forum especially the Technical discussions side.
Don't miss the controversy, arguments and general fallings out, though! ;) ;) ;) :lol:

arasi

Post by arasi »

Aishwarya,
Don't listen to him! Then again, you are such a mature person for your age and some of us here can learn a thing or two from you young ones when it comes to being sensible ;)
Nick, you and I better behave :D

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Careful arasi... we might fall out over that idea :lol: