Vocal teacher in Adyar

To teach and learn Indian classical music
gokulnath

Post by gokulnath »

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any teachers in and around adyar (thiruvanmiyur/beseant nagar also as well) who could teach me carnatic music(vocal). Im aged 22.

Kindly reply if u teach or know someone.

thanks
gokul.

laks1972

Post by laks1972 »

Dr M Narmadha, daughter of Sri MSG lives and teaches in Adyar

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

gokulnath wrote:Vocal teacher in Adyar
A teacher who is vocal, or a person who teaches vocal music? :P Sorry - Arasi and the humorists are fairly and squarely to blame!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ravi,
You are not a square but you blame squarely!

arasi

Post by arasi »

I pass the buck to Nagaraj, mridhangam, punarvasu, and the (mis)chieftan CML, and you are not exempt. Spring cuckoo toots once in a while along with several others.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

arasi wrote:I pass the buck to Nagaraj, mridhangam, punarvasu, and the (mis)chieftan CML, and you are not exempt. Spring cuckoo toots once in a while along with several others.
mea culpa :)

I thought cuckoos 'tweeted' and did not 'toot'!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Doc,
Our cuckoo plays the flute--which is whistling (toot) through the bamboo!
Before the 'vocal' teacher gets lost, here's another one: arresting viruttams--are they arresting those with the name viruttam (short for viruddAchalam)?

cacm

Post by cacm »

PLEASE don't arrest me tho' I am Vriddhachalam Krishnaswamy Viswanathan & love Virurhams...Of course Manimuthar is now where near Thambirabharani........VKV

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

gokul, there are lots of teachers..
it depens on what exactly u r looking for..

gokulnath

Post by gokulnath »

i didn't know that my topic could trigger a discussion of this sort... :-)

Anyways.

I want to learn carnatic music.. but i dont have any basic knowledge in it... i would like to learn it and in proper way through classes...
please help me by suggesting some teachers who could teach me carnatic vocals... preferably in and around adyar...

i hope that im clear atleast this time...

and im aged 22..will that be a concern??

PLEASE HELP... and THANKS in advance...

sridhar_ranga

Post by sridhar_ranga »

gokulnath wrote:
and im aged 22..will that be a concern??
I am definitely older than you and I started learning carnatic vocal 1 year ago - along with my 7 year old son :). I have had no previous training.

Please send me a forum email I will pass on the contact details of my guru who comes home on weekends and teaches me one on one and also teaches a few kids in our apartment complex. He is a recent graduate from the teachers college of music. If he has no bandwidth to take on additional students, he can refer you to some of his batchmates who can help you.
Last edited by sridhar_ranga on 11 Nov 2009, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.