SAARANGA PAANI

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
Chinmayee

SAARANGA PAANI

Post by Chinmayee »

Is Saaranga paani a Vaggeyakara?

saarangam

Re: SAARANGA PAANI

Post by saarangam »

Sarangapani was a composer of Carnatic music who lived during the 17th century in the village of Karvetinagaram in Andhra Pradesh. He is famous for his composition of Padams, a type of Carnatic song sung during Bharatanatyam performances. Sarangapani was the Minister of Education in the court of the local king Venkata Perumal. Sarangapani was fluent in both Telugu and Sanskrit and wrote almost 200 Padams in both languages.His songs were written in tribute to the god Krishna and contain the mudra "Venugopala". Some of his popular Padams are Mogadochi (Sahana ragam), Pattakura (Anandabhairavi), and Upamugane (Yadukulakambhoji).
(from vikipedia)

Chinmayee

Re: SAARANGA PAANI

Post by Chinmayee »

I got what all u said.......but i didn't understand whether he was a vaggeyakara or not.As far as i know his songs consist of the mudra RAJA GOPALA there is also a song which goes asRAJAGOPALA RAMANEEYA VESHA RADHA VALLABHA YADAVA YAADAVA KRISHNA in RAAGAMAALIKA.even dance was choreographed for this song by NatyaKaladhara Shri Pasumarthy Ramalinga Sastry garu in Kuchipudi.