Innovations ala TMK

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
puru00047

Innovations ala TMK

Post by puru00047 »

I took a leaf outta TMK's standalone alapanas, RTVarnam and many another curiosities and came up with this innovation idea.

I am just a rasika and no artist but this is worth trying..

why not start a concert with a durita kala swaras in the raga finishing on the pallavi of the kriti then go with the pallavi, anupallavi/charanam etc...
another thing would be to reverse the whole tradition of kriti singing by going in reverse from theermanam/korvai->second speed swaram->sarvalaghu->neraval->kriti....

puru00047

Re: Innovations ala TMK

Post by puru00047 »

dont get me wrong here....at any point of time the kriti is never tampered with. the lyrics are sequential as is, the continuity of pallavi-charanam is maintained...

vasanthakokilam

Re: Innovations ala TMK

Post by vasanthakokilam »

See if you can consider taking out the TMK reference in the title since that is not necessary to discuss this topic.

I can see that kind of structure being tried in film music based concerts, like the singer starting with some brisk swaras or Akaram based niraval etc., the audience wondering what the heck it is, and then the singer singing the starting line of a familiar song. The surprise resolution will elicit some good applause.