Classes on skype....

To teach and learn Indian classical music
asharaj

Classes on skype....

Post by asharaj »

Wish to know about learning vocal music on skype . In india the skype reception is not that good . How does one learn ?? Is there anything special may be the router or modem cause of which the reception is good ?? Pl someone clarify .

VK RAMAN

Re: Classes on skype....

Post by VK RAMAN »

Use skype to see each other; but for audio connect with telephone on speaker. So audio does not get broken.

classicallover

Post by classicallover »

I do not see the relevance of this topic to the main subject of this forum i.e., Sahitya Identification. Moderators may do the needful.

The main problem for reception is connectivity and the hardware. I have personally experienced this and have worked out a solution for myself. Based on this , the same technology combo has been successfully implemented on too many systems in the friends circel. The following helps definitely :
1. Have a broadband connection : Do not use skype for lessons on WiFi connection. Both audio and video get disrupted and distorted. Choose the best connection / operator.
2. Headset : Pls use standard headset with unidirectional high gain mic - a multimedia headset is the best ; Sony, Philips have good sets . The Philips headset costing just around Rs. 400/- gives excellent audio.
3. RAM : 4GB RAM is the optimum and gives best results.
4. Video : Use standard webcams like Microsoft, Sony, Philips, etc. The most optimum model is Microsoft VX2000 ( USB ) ( costs ~ Rs. 1200/- ) which also has an excellent omni-directional mic quite sufficient for music classes but a dedicated headset is preferred. Cams with lighting LED's are detrimental to the eyes.

The above combo is excellent and enjoyable at optimum cost.

VIDHYA RAMESH

Re: Classes on skype for Carnatic violin

Post by VIDHYA RAMESH »

I live in Dubai. My daughter(10 Yrs) interested in learning carnatic violin. Please suggest someone who can take classes in person or through Skype.

Thanks
Vidhya Ramesh

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Mods..can you please move this topic?

Mod note: Moved. Thanks.