Sri. B Krishnamurthy - One of the Finest CM Teachers

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
venu sundar

Sri. B Krishnamurthy - One of the Finest CM Teachers

Post by venu sundar »

Sri B.KRISHNAMURTHY SIR is one of the finest Carnatic Music teachers who is loved by all his students abundantly.
A nice function was organised by his beloved students on the 13th Wednesday at the Raga SUdha Hall Luz to honour the services and contributions of BK Sir as he is popularly known to many of his admirers.

The Reception Committee had done a SWEET JOB since PAAL PAYASAM in full flavour was served to ALL in the audience to start with.
MS Nandini Ramani. compering the small and beautiful event surprised ALL by mutual garlanding of the couple with a very melodious back drop of MANGALA ISAI NAGASWARAM!

The opening speech of Vidushi Vedavalli Amma was very touching one in which she recalled some finer moments with BK Sir which included the Samskrit Plays directed by Dr.V.Raghavan early on in the 60s or so.MS Suguna Purushothaman in spite of her somewhat weak health attended the function and spoke her own experiences and musical moments with BK Sir!ALL speakers were showering praises on BK Sir for his human approach and very unassuming qualities.

As for as I am concerned the family of BK and we known as CHITTI FAMILY were good neighbours in the Thiruvengadam St in Mandaveli.We used to admire BK Sir for his musical skills and affection.My dad CHITTI used to patronise BK Fly and the KUTTI VENKADESH and Dhanalakshmi were named in pet terms as MILAGA and DHaniya by my dad CHITTI and also BK SIR is known to us as KINNA meaning CUP in those days.
Mrs BK sir is one of the best hosts and both my MOM Janaki and Mrs BK were very great friends.Kudos to BK Sir students for the fine and excellent function and it was easily one of the BEST functions expressing GURU VANDHANAM!Kudos to BK SIR!

Nandini Ramani claimed that she new B.K Sir, from her "pavadai Chattai" days even 'Mami' arrived in his life and Vedavalli amma came to know him.
Besides Nandhini Ramani, Sirgazhi Sivachidambaram expressed that he has associated with B.K. Sir, right from his childhood. Quote "I argue with Nandini Akka that I am more the 'Chella Pillai' than she being 'Chella Ponnu ' to him. The next generation, his son is also has began lessons with B.K. Sir.

Saradha Tharani expressed having waited for 10 years wanted B.K. Sir to be her sole teacher that nobody could occupy the 'Guru Stanam'. It gave her immense pleasure to realize the nuances line within the system of carnatic music.
Pushkala Ramakrishnan expressed that between the couple she has learnt not only music but also the journey of life. Both Saradha and Pushkala were of view that Mrs. B.K. Sir taught the philosophy of life which was being taught by B.K. Sir through his music lessons.
Mahalakshmi, while expressing her gratitude for the position she is in her career she became emotional.

Shoba Krishnadoss ,another student, her gratitude for her guru and Mami, made her speechless, she expressed herself by taking blessings from him.
The students of Sangeetha Natak Academy was represented by Sumithra Vasudevana and
Amirtha Murali . Sikkil Gurucharan's parents represented him. Sumithra spoke on their behalf expressing their gratitude. The group which learnt 'Namasankeerthanam' also attended the function. CLEVELAND Sundaram spoke about the simplicity of BK SIR and told the audience that BK Sir was repeatedly invited to US but all the time he politely declinedthe same.On behalf of CLand Sabha Sundaram presented an attractive plaque to BK couple.Among others Sri VKV and one of the students of BK Sir Ms Srividhya Mahesh were in the audience.BK Sir thanked for the fine and nice function!

mohan

Re: B K SIR!

Post by mohan »

Here is article about Sri B. Krishnamurthy (younger brother of Sangeetha Kalanidhi B. Rajam)
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2011/02/11/stor ... 030400.htm

srikant1987

Re: B K SIR!

Post by srikant1987 »

venu sundar,

Thank you so much for the report! You are fortunate to have attended this event! [Also, in your subsequent posts, please give TWO enter-keys after each paragraph, since the editor here doesn't give extra white space between paragraphs vis-a-vis lines in the same paragraph.]

And I was fortunate to attend a brief concert of his which followed an MMI remembrance in the same Raga Sudha Hall I think about three years ago. It began with a wonderful rendition of padavini sadbhaktiyu.

His voice is absolutely flabbergasting for his age!

Pranaams to him.

rajeshnat

B Krishnamurthy

Post by rajeshnat »

Can we move this thread to vidwans and vidushis , Also we can remove Sir in the title

rrkaushik

Re: Sri. B Krishnamurthy - One of the Finest CM Teachers

Post by rrkaushik »

I had not come across this wonderful vidvan and teacher before, so wanted to pay my respects.

I have been learning O Jagadamba from this brilliant music class by Sri Krishnamurthy.
http://www.aradhana.org/sampradaya/2016/ARI/

His attention to precision of phrasing, keen aesthetics, and sheer joy of music are inspirational. This version of O Jagadamba may be easily one of the best I've listened to over several decades. (besides the MDR one with his unique genius)