M.S. Subbulakshmi

Carnatic Musicians
Post Reply
Aditto
Posts: 317
Joined: 20 May 2008, 20:31
Location: Hyderabad
x 1

#1451 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Aditto » 26 Jun 2018, 18:58

CRama wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 14:27
MS has sung Harinarayana in Kedaram with all the three charanams in many concerts. No swarams.
RTP Kambodi- I have in one or two concerts.
I think I have got Sangeeta gnanamu in one concert.

Thanks sir. I forgot about Harinarayana !! :(

Can you please upload Sangeeta Gnaanamu please.


Yes, I have one RTP Khamboji, I guess music academy one where the pallavi was Parimala Rangapate !! :)
0 x

Aditto
Posts: 317
Joined: 20 May 2008, 20:31
Location: Hyderabad
x 1

#1452 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Aditto » 26 Jun 2018, 18:59

MaheshS wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 01:01
RSR wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 20:28
CRama wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 14:27
MS has sung Harinarayana in Kedaram with all the three charanams in many concerts. No swarams.
RTP Kambodi- I have in one or two concerts.
I think I have got Sangeeta gnanamu in one concert.
2) harinarayana in kedaram
I've uploaded this for you in archive.org, URL = https://archive.org/details/MSSHarinarayanaKedaram

Thanks a lot :) :) I have heard from some one that MS sang Rama Neepai tanaku ! not sure if any recording is present or not.

I hope AIR/DD comes out with the audio/video releases than keeping the stuff with them. Not sure how to reach out to DD/AIR folks.
1 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1453 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 27 Jun 2018, 15:08

I think, this is the Hari Narayana krithi that we are searching for.
Sankar Rajasekaran upload.
MS Subbulakshmi-Hari Narayana-Kedaram-Adi-Purandaradasa
Live concert Recording- Bangalore 1980.
https://youtu.be/Gkd1UdTaxEY
pallavi
hari nArAyaNa hari nArAyaNa hari nArAyaNa enu manave
anupallavi nArAyaNanemba nAmada bIjava nArada bittida dhareyoLage (hari)
caraNam 1
taraLa dhruvaninda angurisitu adu vara prahlAdaninda moLage Aitu dharaNIsha rukmAngadaninda ciguridu gurupitA mahaninda huvAitu
caraNam 2
vijyana satiyinda phalavAyitu adu gajarAjaninda dore haNAidu divija shukamuniyinda bala pakvIyitu ajamiLa tAnuNDu rasa savida
caraNam 3
kAmita phalavIva nAmavondiralike hOma nEma japa tapavEke svAmi purandara viTTala nAm,ava nEmadinda nene manave
0 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1454 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 27 Jun 2018, 15:29

Aditto wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 18:59
MaheshS wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 01:01
RSR wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 20:28

2) harinarayana in kedaram
I've uploaded this for you in archive.org, URL = https://archive.org/details/MSSHarinarayanaKedaram

Thanks a lot :) :) I have heard from some one that MS sang Rama Neepai tanaku ! not sure if any recording is present or not.

I hope AIR/DD comes out with the audio/video releases than keeping the stuff with them. Not sure how to reach out to DD/AIR folks.
=========================
I too have the complete list but haphazard. Respected Forum members like ceinu and p.Bala ,
can easily get the contact information for AIR Chennai Director. and can probably approach through Sri.Venkaiya Naidu , our Vice President ( very well known to ceinu, ) _ to arrange for releasing the AIR recordings of Smt.MS either in public domain or as commercial CDs. Let us try.
0 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1455 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 27 Jun 2018, 21:49

http://translationsofsomesongsofcarntic ... anana.html

the ragam name is given as Revathi. May I have clarification?
0 x

Pasupathy
Posts: 3610
Joined: 26 Jan 2013, 19:01
x 22
x 18

#1456 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Pasupathy » 28 Jun 2018, 02:49

RSR wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 21:49
http://translationsofsomesongsofcarntic ... anana.html

the ragam name is given as Revathi. May I have clarification?
It means: someone has sung this in Revathi , that's all.
0 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1457 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 28 Jun 2018, 10:19

Pasupathy wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 02:49
RSR wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 21:49
http://translationsofsomesongsofcarntic ... anana.html

the ragam name is given as Revathi. May I have clarification?
It means: someone has sung this in Revathi , that's all.
--------------------------------------------------------
Dr.Pasupathy,
Evidently, you missed my point. Though it is said that many of Purandaradasa krithis were set to music later by many of his disciples and admirers, it is rather standard practice to sing the kritis in the most widely accepted ragam by tradition. Sometimes, two ragams are much too close to each other that the name of the ragam is given differently. I was wondering if the difference between Kedaram and Revathi was all that slioght( not likely).
...BYE.
0 x

CRama
Posts: 2115
Joined: 18 Nov 2009, 16:58
x 19
x 84

#1458 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by CRama » 28 Jun 2018, 11:13

Pasupathy wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 02:49
RSR wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 21:49
http://translationsofsomesongsofcarntic ... anana.html

the ragam name is given as Revathi. May I have clarification?
It means: someone has sung this in Revathi , that's all.
That is it precisely.
1 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1459 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 28 Jun 2018, 20:58

CRama-> Not so simple. I am searching for the Ragam Revathi version sung by any leading vocalist. Which ragam is in your collection? Revathi?
Here is an authentic and early version by Smt.MS upload by Srinivasan.
Ragam Kedaram.
https://youtu.be/s2gf28MjkYI
---------------------------------------
I would have appreciated if the music composer who set the song in Revathi had been given, or some tube version in Revathi ragam. . A really illuminating note would have mentioned the janaka ragam of Kedaram and if Rvathi version is remotely atleast related to Kedaram version. ( if at all)
===================
To add to the confusion, here is another upload by Shankar Rajasekaran ( same krithi? Nadanamakriya? )
https://youtu.be/Z_bxcqUna5w ( again by Smt.MS)
======================
Here is the krithi in Kedaram sung by Smt.MLV.
https://youtu.be/VW3mu-pUoE8
===============================
Here is another..also in Kedaram.
The importance and ease of Bhakti is beautifully presented by Sri Purandaradasaru in this composition. Dasaru describes how the seed of Bhakti has grown to a fruit by several devotees of the Lord Narayana. Composer- Sri Purandara dasa Ragam-Kedaram, Talam-Adi Vocal by Rajaram K.R
https://youtu.be/XOL_7diWink
==========
0 x

CRama
Posts: 2115
Joined: 18 Nov 2009, 16:58
x 19
x 84

#1460 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by CRama » 28 Jun 2018, 22:24

RSR wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 20:58
CRama-> Not so simple. I am searching for the Ragam Revathi version sung by any leading vocalist. Which ragam is in your collection? Revathi?
I have never heard the song in Revathy by any musician. Perhaps some Kannada singer would have sung in Revathy. That is why it was indicated. Such instances are not rare in the case of Dasar padas etc.

Left to me, after hearing the song in Kedaram by MSS, I dont want to hear in any other ragam.
0 x

CRama
Posts: 2115
Joined: 18 Nov 2009, 16:58
x 19
x 84

#1461 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by CRama » 28 Jun 2018, 22:27

RSR wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 20:58
To add to the confusion, here is another upload by Shankar Rajasekaran ( same krithi? Nadanamakriya? )
https://youtu.be/Z_bxcqUna5w ( again by Smt.MS)
======================
The above upload is in Kedaram only. Wrongly written as Nadanamakriya.
0 x

HarishankarK
Posts: 1586
Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 11:55
x 2
x 21

#1462 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by HarishankarK » 29 Jun 2018, 10:13

Revati and Kedaram are totally unrelated ragas
0 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1463 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 29 Jun 2018, 19:50

CRama wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 22:24
RSR wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 20:58
CRama-> Not so simple. I am searching for the Ragam Revathi version sung by any leading vocalist. Which ragam is in your collection? Revathi?
I have never heard the song in Revathy by any musician. Perhaps some Kannada singer would have sung in Revathy. That is why it was indicated. Such instances are not rare in the case of Dasar padas etc.

Left to me, after hearing the song in Kedaram by MSS, I dont want to hear in any other ragam.
I agree with you entirely , Sir. Thank you
0 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1464 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 29 Jun 2018, 19:53

CRama wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 22:27
RSR wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 20:58
To add to the confusion, here is another upload by Shankar Rajasekaran ( same krithi? Nadanamakriya? )
https://youtu.be/Z_bxcqUna5w ( again by Smt.MS)
======================
The above upload is in Kedaram only. Wrongly written as Nadanamakriya.
Yes, Sir. The ragam information given by uploaders may noy always be relied upon. In this case, It is not nadhanamakriya atall.
Thank you for the clarifications.
0 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1465 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 02 Jul 2018, 22:12

While on the topic of the ragam Revathi, here is a famous rendering by Smt.MS.
Nanati Baduku song By MS Subbulakshmi (music said to be set by Voleti)
Annamacharya krithi
https://youtu.be/2k0eZFAZR9k

about the ragam...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revati_(raga)
0 x

CRama
Posts: 2115
Joined: 18 Nov 2009, 16:58
x 19
x 84

#1466 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by CRama » 02 Jul 2018, 22:24

Nanati Braduku was tuned by Nedunuri- not Voleti.

MSS told Nedunuri- Intha oru pattu tune panninathukke ungalukku Sangeeta Kalanidhi taranum. :D
0 x

RSR
Posts: 991
Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 23:31
x 72
x 31

#1467 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by RSR » 03 Jul 2018, 10:35

CRama wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 22:24
Nanati Braduku was tuned by Nedunuri- not Voleti.

MSS told Nedunuri- Intha oru pattu tune panninathukke ungalukku Sangeeta Kalanidhi taranum. :D
Yes, Sir. I stand corrected. Thank you very much.
0 x

Post Reply