M.S. Subbulakshmi

Carnatic Musicians
rshankar

#826 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by rshankar » 17 Sep 2014, 22:28

Cienu - thank you for these beautiful pictures! In the pic in post #822, who is the lady between your grandmother and Lata Mangeshkar?
0 x

cienu

#827 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by cienu » 18 Sep 2014, 06:14

The person is Smt Saroja Athmanathan.
Sri Athma is also partially visible in the picture between my Grandparents.
0 x

Ramasubramanian M.K

#828 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K » 08 Oct 2014, 21:45

Folks: As part of my Kalki Gradens narrative,I had intended to "highlight" the "behind-the-scenes" kindred souls that gave that place the 'halo' it had.One of the characters was TS's niece Thangamma who passed on 2 weeks ago @ the age of 85. I intend this post to be a tribute to Dear Thangamma. I am sure Cienu and his mother would agree with my description of Thangamma's role in the "care" and "maintenance" of the Kalki gardens.

Personally, I woe a deep debt of gratitude(and so does my brother) to Thangamma for the love and affection Thangamma bestowed on us during our short/extended stays @ the Kalki Gardens. It was these sojourns that helped me understand what a pivotal role she played. For starters,Thangamma was fearless,forthright and scrupulously fair and just when dealing with the myriads of people who visited the Gardens. Her role was to manage the day-to-day affairs of the house because MS Amma/TS/ Radha were constantly on the move or engaged in social obligations.
Imagine a huge household--where the # of inmates belonging to the Household were FAR outnumbered by the visitors/guest(Short-term/long-term ) and having to make sure that the establishment ran like an well-oiled machine.

Looking back on my family's interaction(intimate in some cases) with other celebrities households(DKP/MLV/SSVasan et al)
I cannot but wonder HOW the Kalki Gardens estblishment was run so efficiently given the fact neither TS nor MS Amma were "overtly" concerned with the financial nitty-gritty of running a household. I have been witness to several discussions-nay sermons from Thangamma to TS(if there was ONE person in that household whom TS dare not cross or argue with it was Thangamma) about the need for thrift-- need to balance income with expenses. One episode I remember--TS would give her a "sum" for the month in general--and would start receiving "nudges" in the beginning gravitating slowly to admonitions as the month draws to a close as to how TS needs to curb his hospitality instincts(with some slight fearless "digs" at the insincerity of the "hangers-on"!! that in her opinion TS was oblivious to!!!). To his credit Mama would never "fire back" at her or say I am the Master of the House(which he no doubt was!!). Thangamma never raised anything that was unfair or untrue--her children growing up in the Household got the same treatment as anybody else in the Household.

She was the most pious ardent devotee of Maha Periyaval --the KANCHI SEER- and scrupulously followed his teachings--once when Paramacharya suggested that ladies avoid wearing gorgeous silk sarees(for the concern for the Silkworm) Thangamma was the first to adopt it and till her death she never deviated from it although she had to attend scores of marriages and functions in Chennai when the whole crowd would be "bedecked" with silk sarees. and Thangamma would stand out with her simple outfit.

She can be so brutally forthright--especially with MS Amma--who was the most gullible person I have known-- when MSAmma will have her gripe about an exchange with TS and express that to Thangamma looking for sympathy(deservedly so!!)Thangamma would reply "If you feel you are right why don't you stand-up to the bullying and end up saying if I were in your shoes I would express myself unequivocally if I am right. Knowing Thangamma she would if placed under similar circumstances!!

One thing which she taught me was the importance of Love in relationships--the need for steadfastness no matter how trying the circumstances might be--every time I visit Chennai in the last 2/3 years although I did not visit her in person I would talk to her--she would enquire about my Mother--recall the Calcutta days and recount my own chldhood"mispronouncements" and always end up with the advice in Tamil--'remember in life--ANBU THAAN MUKYAM.
In Life Love is the most important thing).

She came into the TS Household very young probably ten years old--having lost her parents--Mama took her and Ambi Anna(her brother--Gowri's father) into his fold,got her married(her husband Ananthanna was attached to the Kalki Office Admin)--for a long time as her children grew up and she wanted to set up her own establishment TS would not relent and finally gave in and for the last 35 odd years (even before Kalki gardens was shut down) she had set up her own establishment .

She was incredibly alert and mobile traversing the corridors of Kalki Gardens million times in a day -- the shuffle of the legs and the "clang" of the bangles approaching a room(be it MS Amma's or TS's or the guest room) not to deliver inane pleasantries but some pointed remarks pertaining to minor unnoticed "infractions"--whether it was Semmangudi mama or Rajaji it did not matter although she had the highest regard for these persons!!! needless to say these were invariably "monologues"!!!!
In my opinion if TS had hired an able "administrator" to run the vast household he/she could not have shown
the love ,sensitivity ,selflessness and concern that Thangamma showed. The hallowed history of Kalki Gardens will always be replete with Thangamma's role.
Although this does not have anything to do with Music or Rasikas, I did not want Thangamma to die 'UNWEPT,UNHONORED AND UNSUNG"(to quote Sir Walter Scott!!)

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE!!
0 x

arasi

#829 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by arasi » 11 Oct 2014, 00:23

Sorry to hear of her demise. Your homage to her is moving.
I did see her in the audience when Gowri Ramnarayan's book on MS and Radha was released in Chennai.

Please continue with your recollections. We are all eager for more.
0 x

cienu

#830 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by cienu » 25 Oct 2014, 16:53

Please find below the recollections of Late Thangam Ananthanarayanan in the website http://www.msstribute.org
http://www.msstribute.org/anecdotes/ane ... ayanan.php
0 x

Ramasubramanian M.K

#831 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K » 26 Oct 2014, 04:40

Cienu: That was vintage Thangamma--As critical and forthright she can be one-on-one with TS or MS Amma, woe unto any other person who dares say anything slightly negative about TS or MSAmma--so much she loved them as much as they loved her!!

One of my regrets has been that since I joined the forum I did not have much opportunity to share my thoughts about the family that I have expressed in the Forum with Thangamma--she would have been the fittest raconteur of the "Family" lore and probably would have given me lot more material to "chew" on and "share".
Looking back, there is so much to tell about the various behind-the-scenes "actors" who served the family loyally--
be it Visalam (MSAMma's most loyal,empathetic "help" held in the highest esteem by TS--every time anybody "botches" an assignment given by Mama,the "admonitions" would end with a "homily" that "they" all should take lessons from Visalam for correct understanding and executions of instructions!!

the Gardener Ekambaram,the Driver Dhanapal,the "cooks"(each one of them was a character--by turns they would "mourn" and "groan" under the workload- understandably---the Kitchen used to be hotter than an Industrial Kitchen!!) or Lingam the page boy who joined the family when he was 10 or 12 and won the loyalty/afffection of the household members so much so he almost earned a "free trip" to the US when Air India got their First Boeing in the sixties and the then GM of AI--a good friend of the family extended the invitation to MSAmma and TS to join him on the trip to receive the First Boeing but was shocked to get Lingam's name recommended by Mama much to the chagrin of some of the "Senior" help around TS who all grumbled that 'they" were not given the chance . Needless to say TS mollified their wounded sentiments by saying"You all will have enough opportunities to go abroad whereas the poor boy cannot dream of a trip--WHY begrudge him?"
NOW CIENU I would appreciate if you could confirm with your mother whether this actually materialised--i.e did Lingam make that trip??? I know the idea was being bandied about when the "offer" was being made by the AI GM.
0 x

arasi

#832 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by arasi » 26 Oct 2014, 08:43

Cienu and Ramesh,
Enjoy reading all this.

MSS and Sadasivam as a pair had some sterling qualities in common--one of them being--fending for and appreciating those who served them and were loyal to them...
0 x

Pasupathy

#833 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Pasupathy » 02 Nov 2014, 08:22

0 x

venkatakailasam

#834 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by venkatakailasam » 03 Nov 2014, 20:14

A vintage video...

MS Subbulakshmi and Pandit Jasraj: Gandhi Jayanthi 1988

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aZCWNUgfsw

Posted by vichella
0 x

venkatakailasam

#835 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by venkatakailasam » 03 Nov 2014, 20:46

Forever A Legend ( M.S.Subbulakshmi)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6S0mfHEpKw

posted by Films Division..

composition Ranga sayee...not copyrighted?
0 x

cienu

#836 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by cienu » 25 Nov 2014, 00:05

arasi wrote:Rajesh,
This was written in 2009?
Cienu,
Has the building been demolished now?
What memories! What history! Gowri Ramnarayan's writing brings every incident and the countless personalities alive, as if they still inhabit our world. Your grandfather was amazing. It all touches our hearts while the lady of glory, our gAnak kuyil and aruL viLakku Suswaralakshmi lives in our hearts...
Dear Arasi/Rajeshnat
Yes the building was demolised around 2 years back.
The picture taken by yours truly on Sunday (23rd Nov 2014) shows the place where the magnificient Kalki Gardens once stood.
The place where the buses are standing was where the main building was originally.
0 x

arasi

#837 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by arasi » 25 Nov 2014, 00:19

Cienu,
That it's now a place of learning is the only consolation.

How a vibrant place of music and the venue for the meeting of national leaders is erased from the face of Chennai! :(

Well, we have rich memories (thanks to you all) and old photographs to keep the place alive in our hearts....
0 x

rshankar

#838 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by rshankar » 25 Nov 2014, 00:36

Cienu - I cannot even imagine how painful these sights must be to you and members of your family, in particular, your mother. :(
0 x

Pasupathy

#839 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Pasupathy » 02 Dec 2014, 04:14

Can someone please tell me when " kuRai ondrum illai" was first sung by M.S. ? Was it first in the Balaji Pancha Ratna Mala record ? if so, which year was it?

( there's a lot of mistakes about this in the Web....) Thanks.
0 x

Aditto

#840 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Aditto » 06 Dec 2014, 10:33

Dear Pasupathy Sir,

Can you please provide the english translation of the articles you have posted.

Three articles about M.S.Subbulakshmi (in Tamil)

http://s-pasupathy.blogspot.com/2013/01/13.html

Poet Vaali's poem about M.S. in
http://s-pasupathy.blogspot.com/2013/07/18.html

http://s-pasupathy.blogspot.com/2014/09/39.html

Thanks,
Aditya.
0 x

Pasupathy

#841 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Pasupathy » 07 Dec 2014, 01:40

Dear Aditya,

Thanks for your interest . I wish I had both the time and ability to do what you wanted. Unfortunately , the demands on my time are too many and I have to leave it to others to do such translations, if they are interested. I barely have time to post regularly in my blog! Please excuse me.

Pasupathy
0 x

Ramasubramanian M.K

#842 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K » 07 Dec 2014, 20:48

Cienu: Just saw your post of the Kalki Gardens photo. It is so painful to me that this was not declared a National Monument--As RShankar says I cannot imagine HOW painful it must be for your mother and yourself--especially for your mother--your mother is just a vibrant testimony to the hallowed shrine--how many dignitaries,what hospitality,the hustle,bustle and laughter--the constant 'tinkering" of the surroundings by Thatha--the incessant instructions to the Gardener Ekambaram-Patti's lightning visits to the cow shed in the morning(AFTER the brisk walk with Thatha with his hand behind his back gripping his elbow with Patti "huffing" and "puffing" behind trying to catch up with comments/instructions by Thatha without any pause for breath--I have been part of the "also walked" gang at the receiving end of generous doses of advice about loyalty,sincerity,task-orientation--advice that has shaped my life and outlook enormously.
Patti will have her own tete-a-tete with the cows--reminiscent of the scene in Sakunthalai the viruttam--Manam Kulira Kann Kulira--especially the stanza Arumai Miha Pasukkaal!!! The obeisance in the Puja room to Kanchi Periyavaa and the panoply of Deities adorning the wall --the room was also a mass dining room for the hordes of visitors/staff irrespective of their rank and station)--the adjoining Kitchen with the Cooks-- threesome(or was it a "Quartet"?)busy whipping up breakfast--Idlis by the dozens with all the "culinary" accompaniments(two kinds of Chutneys,Sambar,assortment of Podis etc--reminiscent of a "Chittoor Subramania Pillai stage-mridangam,kanjira,ghatam,moorsing,dholak,konnakkol etc!!.The IRONY was that the Principals--Thatha and Patti were spartan eaters--selective,moderate portions--no indulgences--no wonder both of them lived a long life!!!
Life in the KALKI Gardens was always a BUZZ and in Flux--the "calendar" of events if it existed at all only in Thatha's head---- was "made-up" as things went along--Thatha being oblivious to the "logistisics" of such impromptu entertaining of dignitaries and "hangers-on like myself and several others in the entourage --with Thangamma muttering under her breath about Thatha's generosity impulses running amok heedless of the "realities" of running a household!! Despite
this the true "trooper" that Thangamma was she will bend over backwards to ensure that the arrangements were made to Thatha's satisfaction.

Cienu--what has struck me most was the fact that neither your Mother nor Vijaya ever wondered or grumbled about the consequences to their own future life because of such boundless generosity being strewn about without discrimination amongst the beneficiaries--some of whose true "loyalties" they(Radha and Vijaya/Thangamma) had serious doubts about-- despite the fact that they were much younger and "supposedly" less-worldly-wise!!!

To quote Churchill "NEVER BEFORE HAVE SO MANY OWED SO MUCH TO SO FEW".

THAT WOULD BE THE FITTEST EPITAPH FOR BOTH THATHA AND PATTI.
In my next post an anecdote involving myself would provide a "vignette" to the spirit of love and compassion that permeated the Household adorned by TWO GREAT HUMAN BEINGS!!!
0 x

cienu

#843 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by cienu » 08 Dec 2014, 07:47

Pasupathy wrote:Can someone please tell me when " kuRai ondrum illai" was first sung by M.S. ? Was it first in the Balaji Pancha Ratna Mala record ? if so, which year was it?

( there's a lot of mistakes about this in the Web....) Thanks.
kuRai ondrum illai was sung in the 1980's as part of the Balaji Pancharatnamala (Volume 2)
What was usng in the UN was another composition of Rajaji in English "May the Lord forgive our sins"
0 x

cienu

#844 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by cienu » 08 Dec 2014, 07:58

Thank you Ramesh Mama for the post on Kalki Gardens.
Loyalty was a trait Thatha valued. It was therefore a shock for him when the Kalki Union went on a strike.(one of the initial triggers which subsequently led to the sale of Kalki Gardens). It is another matter though that he gave each worker 2 times the compensation originally demanded before bidding farewell.
Last edited by cienu on 09 Dec 2014, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ramasubramanian M.K

#845 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K » 08 Dec 2014, 18:28

Yes Cienu--the story about the recalcitrance of the unions--despite the fact that they were more fairly treated than their peers in the other contemporary publications(Vikatan,Kumudam etc) and the "perfidy" of people around Thatha who should have supported him(and not undermine him) is a STORY that would/should never be told(VKV knows this too!!).It should never be told only because neither Thatha or Patti or your mother would have wanted it told lest it should badly reflect upon the people who were "passive" witnesses to an avoidable business set-back.

In that ONE act alone(of not exposing the people or bad-mouthing them) Thatha Patti and your Mother/Father showed their TRUE Class!!
It is difficult and even inconceivable in this day and age to find such principled,selfless humanbeings--posterity would find it difficult to believe that such souls existed despite all the volumes that have been written about them.
0 x

cacm

#846 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by cacm » 08 Dec 2014, 22:07

MOST persons only have semi-knowledge of T.S. The same is true of the closing down of Kalki etc details of which I happen to know in great detail but will not discuss because I WOULD RATHER PERSONS WHO THROW STONES FIRST ATTEMPT to know more about him. First if they go to Rajaji Mandapam ( ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF "GUINDY ENGINEERING COLLEGE") they will find about the FREEDOM FIGHTERS LIKE T.S. whose SACRIFICES led to our freedom. Instead of being OBJECTIVE it is easier to indulge in UNSUBSTANTIATED STUFF.
ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP PROJECT THE GENIUS & ABILITIES OF M.S.,RAJAJI, KALKI, & T.K.C. not to mention various others+ HIS SERVICES in VARIOUS CAUSES DESERVES OUR ADMIRATION& GRATITUDE & THE LEAST WE CAN IS TO TALK ABOUT THESE & MAY BE UNVEIL HIS STATUE AS A MODEL FOR THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED SO MUCH FOR BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN OUR CULTURE& HISTORY. VKV
0 x

Ramasubramanian M.K

#847 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K » 10 Dec 2014, 21:48

Tomorrow is MSAmma's TENTH Death Anniversary--something to be solemnly remembered and reminisced about rather than "celebrated"--a few thoughts on the last 2 years of her life--that I cherish today more than the previous 6 decades I have been fortunate enough to know her.

A certain group of "friends" amongst the Chennai elite,"miffed: that they did not have the "access" they used to enjoy when TS was alive,were spreading the rumors that MSS was not "all-that-well" as made out to be. This was not true. Yes her memory lapses were increasing--her underlying condition was not in the best of shape. The reason "access" was restricted by Athmanathan--who took excellent care till the Great Lady breathed her last--was constantly bombarded by the visItors--perhaps well-meant--with advice(none of them were Doctors and had their own share of illnesses!!)as to WHAT Athma should do and WHO should be consulted etc--Despite polite rebuttals by Athma that everything that needed to be done was being done and that he strictly follows the Doctors' advice(The Doctor couple who had been attending on the family for over 50 years--both of them endocrinoligists and both of them could recite MSAmma's charts in their sleep!!) and that the Doctors advised that no aggressive intervention-- generating lots of needless publicity and gossip--needed to be made and that she should be made comfortable which between Athma and Visalam was provided in a loving,caring abundant manner--Athma stayed the whole day and night in Kotturpuram despite that fact that his own house was in Annanagar(I have known him for over 50 years and he would be the first person who would kill me in even mentioning this--so forumites' discretion is "craved" by me!!!!
An amusing anecdote-- sometimes MSAmma would have difficulty in swallowing food which sometimes would be attributed to patients' "obstinacy" by unknowing persons watching(this was not true--simply it took a long time!!). When my mother would call Athma to find out how her "friend" is doing(on days that my mother could not visit her),Athma would "taunt" my mother saying "your friend" refuses to cooperate in eating just jokingly--my mother would take him seriously and ask to be spoken to MSAMMa and promptly my mother would "launch" into her sermon as to WHY MSAMMA should cooperate and not make Athma's and Visalam's task any more difficult--it will be more of a "rant"(my mother's typical style!!!) than a sermon--I interjected overhearing the conversation and try to reStrain my mother --I said to my mother "Remember you are talking to a Bharath Rathna"--my mother without missing a beat would say "Tut,Tut I have known her long before she became a Bharathrathna!!--she did persuade her friend to eat however!!!!--
TO MY KNOWLEDGE NOBODY COULD HAVE PUT UP WITH MY MOTHER'S RANTS(HOWEVER WELL-MEANT THEY MAY BE!!) LIKE MSAMMA--SUCH WAS THE DEPTH AND UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP!!
OUR TONGUES WOULD BE CUT IF WE SAY ANYTHING REMOTELY PERCEIVED TO BE CRITICAL OF HER FRIEND!!

The Great Lady has never spoken a harsh word against anybody in her life despite severe provocations!!

She needs to be remembered not only for her Music,Philanthropy but also for her humility,compassion and tolerance!!

The only sign--that too mostly visual that one can see when she is upset is when the eyebrows would be raised and the nostrils quivering a little more than usual( even that would deserve thousand looks!!)--she would calm down and say "Mami avargal ellorum Nandraha Irukkanam"(I wish all of them--the "harsh-sayers" well!!!

The Sanskrit adage "NA BOOTH NA BHAVISHYATH" WOULD BE THE MOST FITTING EPITAPH TO THE GREAT LADY'S LIFE!!!

TRANSLATION: THERE NEVER WAS ONE BEFORE AND NEVER WILL THERE BE ONE IN FUTURE
s
0 x

Ramasubramanian M.K

#848 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K » 10 Dec 2014, 21:48

Tomorrow is MSAmma's TENTH Death Anniversary--something to be solemnly remembered and reminisced about rather than "celebrated"--a few thoughts on the last 2 years of her life--that I cherish today more than the previous 6 decades I have been fortunate enough to know her.

A certain group of "friends" amongst the Chennai elite,"miffed: that they did not have the "access" they used to enjoy when TS was alive,were spreading the rumors that MSS was not "all-that-well" as made out to be. This was not true. Yes her memory lapses were increasing--her underlying condition was not in the best of shape. The reason "access" was restricted by Athmanathan--who took excellent care till the Great Lady breathed her last--was constantly bombarded by the visItors--perhaps well-meant--with advice(none of them were Doctors and had their own share of illnesses!!)as to WHAT Athma should do and WHO should be consulted etc--Despite polite rebuttals by Athma that everything that needed to be done was being done and that he strictly follows the Doctors' advice(The Doctor couple who had been attending on the family for over 50 years--both of them endocrinoligists and both of them could recite MSAmma's charts in their sleep!!) and that the Doctors advised that no aggressive intervention-- generating lots of needless publicity and gossip--needed to be made and that she should be made comfortable which between Athma and Visalam was provided in a loving,caring abundant manner--Athma stayed the whole day and night in Kotturpuram despite that fact that his own house was in Annanagar(I have known him for over 50 years and he would be the first person who would kill me in even mentioning this--so forumites' discretion is "craved" by me!!!!
An amusing anecdote-- sometimes MSAmma would have difficulty in swallowing food which sometimes would be attributed to patients' "obstinacy" by unknowing persons watching(this was not true--simply it took a long time!!). When my mother would call Athma to find out how her "friend" is doing(on days that my mother could not visit her),Athma would "taunt" my mother saying "your friend" refuses to cooperate in eating just jokingly--my mother would take him seriously and ask to be spoken to MSAMMa and promptly my mother would "launch" into her sermon as to WHY MSAMMA should cooperate and not make Athma's and Visalam's task any more difficult--it will be more of a "rant"(my mother's typical style!!!) than a sermon--I interjected overhearing the conversation and try to reStrain my mother --I said to my mother "Remember you are talking to a Bharath Rathna"--my mother without missing a beat would say "Tut,Tut I have known her long before she became a Bharathrathna!!--she did persuade her friend to eat however!!!!--
TO MY KNOWLEDGE NOBODY COULD HAVE PUT UP WITH MY MOTHER'S RANTS(HOWEVER WELL-MEANT THEY MAY BE!!) LIKE MSAMMA--SUCH WAS THE DEPTH AND UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP!!
OUR TONGUES WOULD BE CUT IF WE SAY ANYTHING REMOTELY PERCEIVED TO BE CRITICAL OF HER FRIEND!!

The Great Lady has never spoken a harsh word against anybody in her life despite severe provocations!!

She needs to be remembered not only for her Music,Philanthropy but also for her humility,compassion and tolerance!!

The only sign--that too mostly visual that one can see when she is upset is when the eyebrows would be raised and the nostrils quivering a little more than usual( even that would deserve thousand looks!!)--she would calm down and say "Mami avargal ellorum Nandraha Irukkanam"(I wish all of them--the "harsh-sayers" well!!!

The Sanskrit adage "NA BOOTH NA BHAVISHYATH" WOULD BE THE MOST FITTING EPITAPH TO THE GREAT LADY'S LIFE!!!

TRANSLATION: THERE NEVER WAS ONE BEFORE AND NEVER WILL THERE BE ONE IN FUTURE
s
0 x

venkatakailasam

#849 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by venkatakailasam » 11 Dec 2014, 09:46

Concert 296-Smt.MS Subhulakshmi

Remembrance Day 11-12-2014

Concert Details
01_VinayakaVignaVinashaka-Hamsadwani-RaGanapati
02-nin_aruL_iyambalAgumO-MSS-kAmavardhini-P sivan
03-Thungatheera-Salagabairavi
04-rAgam_tAnam_pallavi-dharmavati-un_darisanam_Kidaikkumo_nataraja_Dayanidhe
05-Chandrasekhara Sthuthi by Sri Vijayendra Saraswathi swami
06- Kannanidam Eduthu Solladi Ambhujam Krishna
07-Jankarasruthi-S barathi
08-Mamakaparadha-Thodi
09-Ashtapathi
10- Malai pozuthinile.
Constructed:
Listen here...

http://mfi.re/listen/74y7s7as4li2tsh/Co ... akshmi.mp3
0 x

pattamaa

#850 Re: M.S. Subbulakshmi

Post by pattamaa » 11 Dec 2014, 10:19

pranams to MS amma... May she always continue to bless and guide all of us.... :namaste:
0 x