The Beginner's guide to mixing

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
vasanthakokilam

The Beginner's guide to mixing

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Since we talk often about audio issues, I thought the information at this link would be useful to some of us. Came to me recommended by a guitar player who fusses over these things. As he says, after learning the mechanics of the machine, it is left to you to decide what is the right mix and that is not mechanical.

http://therecordingrevolution.com/2013/ ... ng-part-1/

Rsachi

Re: The Beginner's guide to mixing

Post by Rsachi »

VKM,
GOOD stuff. Thank you. Led me to a whole world of blogs, tips, and gadget buying tips.

Wonder if similar tutorials can be given to our audio machos in sabhas. Those guys always look to me to be badly groomed and sleepless from too many wedding hall and such bashes the night before.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Here is a good one from a British manufacturer of mixing desks: The Soundcraft Guide to mixing.

It is, unsurprisingly, more about physical mixing equipment.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Thanks Nick, a very good manual! Here is a sample on setting up audio in a cincert:

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

It's a while since I looked at it, but I think it has live music covered, whereas the previous concentrates on mixing and mastering in the studio. I was going to go on a Soundcraft course once ...but I emigrated instead!

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

You can download the manual and see what you missed. The links in VKM's post are also excellent.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Yes, I did have a look. Always have a fascination for audio stuff, even if it is only as an onlooker