Kaatyayani

Rāga related discussions
vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

KAATYAAYANI is a rare Ragam derived from Nata Bhairavi -arohanam SA RI GA PA DA SA
Avarohanam SA DA PA GA RI SA.
kARUNAA RASAM is more prevalent as in Shiva ranjani -with cathusruti deivatham alternated with suddha deivatam.
I have composed a kriti in this Raaga -the pallavi line goes like this "Aadhimadyaanta rahitE shivEParanjyothi swaroopa chithananda vibhavE" Mr.Raj Kumar Bharaty and Mr.Rajee gopalakrishnan have rendered this song in concerts.Karnatik.com has posted in their website.Rasikas would do well to view and listen and give their feed back
Ramaraj

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Dear brother Ramaraj

it was delightful to listen to your composition in the rare raga Kaatyayani. Actually I relished your rendering better! But I failed to see any difference from Sivaranjani. Could you kindly elaborate on the raga lakShaNa so that we can apprecite the beauty and specialty of this rare raga? Could you also post the notations for your song so that Rasikas can learn them properly and perform elsewhere? Though i do not understand Telugu the meaning is quite clear from the context. Could you share with us the context of this composition? May I also suggest that you collect your compositions and comments under one thread for convenience and discuss them systematically for the benefit of all Rasikas and learners? Thank you very much for your active participation at this Forum!

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Thank u CMlover, Kaatyaayani is altogather a different one from shiva ranjini which has chatursruti deivatam whereas kaatyaani has sudha deivatam. SA RI GA PA DA SA(dEIVATAM -2(FOR sHIVA RANJINI) ALTERNATED WITH (d1) for Kaatyaayani all the other swarams are the same .Ref SANGEETHAA MRUTHA SAARAM OF VENTAGIRIAPPA-Source Raagam Pravaaham by D.Pattammal for want of time i will give further details later
Ramaraj

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo (CM lover)Kindly view and listen to a kriti I have composed in the Ragam shiva Ranjani"amba parameshwari"(Tamil) to notice the difference,Ref:ww.karnatik.com.I am a staunch beliver in direct learning / and learning thru recordings. Notations have (casual) reference value.Anyway I am trying to post the notations (Scaned copy form the pages of my book titled "Innasai Paamalai"Being an old timer not conversant with the cumbersome procedure of uploading thru elect.media,I will try to send the same to ur email address and request u to help me in getting them posted in the forum.Thank u very much for ur earnest intention to get my compositions popularised on an extensive scale
Ramaraj
Last edited by vageyakara on 09 Apr 2007, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

hallo(CMLover), i request u to visit page 1 of Vageyakara thread -Kramaraj,wherein Mr Rajeshnat has expressed his views (posted on 2007-3--10.Thanks Ramaraj

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thank you dear Ramraj
Notations do help folks to see where the differences really are and especially help the instrumentalists among our membership. When I went through your site I noticed a number of rare ragas nicely rendered by you. All these deserve to be brought into the limelight since you have the composition as well as the audio. I have to confess that the audio quality in some cases are quite bad. Let us hpe that some of our Rasikas learn them and provide better audio. At my age I am simply a Rasika but one with a strong interest in the promotion and advancement of CM. I would suggest that you post these rare gems one at a time with if possible (fresh audio) and notations (if possible) and the lyrics can be discussed (translated if necessary) at this Forum. Do confine them to one thread clearly identifying to you rather than using multiple threads! As we are all Rasikas it will be interesting to know the background of your compositions ( as to what prompted you ec.,). There is no need to hurry at all since learning is a slow process. Since you hail from an illustrious musical family and also with strong musical connections and above all a senior (myself being one too!) we would all enjoy listening to interesting events in the CM world that you have encoutered or aware of!

regards and God Bless you and your Family!

mahesh_narayan

Post by mahesh_narayan »

Hi,
Sorry, wrong place to post, but was the thread on Shuddha Saveri deleted?

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

no.
it is there..right after begada