Nadasurabhi Silver Jubilee Celebration

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kvchellappa

#1 Nadasurabhi Silver Jubilee Celebration

Post by kvchellappa » 04 Nov 2018, 22:37

Nadasurabhi (Bengaluru) has organized four events in the spacious St. John’s auditorium.
The souvenir mentions, “Only a brief welcome and honouring of the artists and sponsors is allowed. After welcoming the artists, we let the concert flow uninterrupted. The music loving public are very happy with this arrangement.”
I give a few impressions briefly.
The first programme was by Sudha Raghunathan. She was accompanied by Charulatha Ramanujam, Patri Satish Kumar and Bhagyalakshmi M Krishna (Morsing).
Sudha still retains the charm of music. Vathapi was ordinary to start with, but picked up momentum later. Lalitha (nannu brovu of Syma Sastri) and Todi were delineated delightfully. I was thinking of MLV’s chesinadella with neraval at Asa konnatti. Sudha picked up that song.
0 x

rajeshnat

#2 Re: Nadasurabhi Silver Jubilee Celebration

Post by rajeshnat » 09 Nov 2018, 11:49

Jayan(brain drain) ,
I saw your blog . As usual you have written great
https://kpjayan.wordpress.com/2018/11/0 ... -nov-2018/

Did Sudha sing 4 raga alapanas AND 4 Taanams AND 4 Pallavi neravals AND 4 swaras. Each of that she should have not given it to violinist a part of it. Did 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 indeed happen, how long was this RTP(harini can also add).

Posting relevant snippet on what jayan wrote in his blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------
07 RTP – chatur rAga – mishra jhumpa, khaNDa naDai , 5 aksharam( +1 beat ) Eduppu

rAgam & tAnam in shudha dhanyASi, karNaranjani , shubha pantuvarALi , bEgaDa

pallavi lin : ‘nArAyaNa namO nArAyaNa shrI satyanArAyaNa, anudinamunu kAvumayyA’

swaras in shudha dhanyASi, karNaranjani , shubha pantuvarALi , bEgaDa

ragamalika swaras , shrutibhedam from shudhadhanyAsi are shudhasAvEri, mOhanam, madhyamAvati and hindOLam
0 x

braindrain

#3 Re: Nadasurabhi Silver Jubilee Celebration

Post by braindrain » 10 Nov 2018, 11:21

^^
Yes, she did, with violin returns. Except the last part of ragamalika.
I think it was about 35-40 mins.

PS : I was told, that she had sung the same pallavi at Music Academy, last year or the previous.
0 x

rajeshnat

#4 Re: Nadasurabhi Silver Jubilee Celebration

Post by rajeshnat » 10 Nov 2018, 11:48

braindrain wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 11:21
^^
Yes, she did, with violin returns. Except the last part of ragamalika.
I think it was about 35-40 mins.

PS : I was told, that she had sung the same pallavi at Music Academy, last year or the previous.
O gosh I checked the thread where i thought this was a new one . But the same pallavi is already added and already counted. Tx jayan
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21020&hilit=chatur&start=75#p327268
0 x