Adithya Prakash

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Adithya Prakash

Post by rajeshnat »

Adithya Prakash is a lovely carnatic musician. When I heard him sing once in LosAngeles , i thought he is intense and capable that too on that day he sang a RTP in ragam Kannada.

Aditya is truly grateful to have had the privilege of training under venerated Guru’s in the field of Carnatic Music, PS Narayanaswami and Palai CK Ramachandran. His earlier training was under Sugandha Kalamegham and Rose Muralikrishnan and Debur Srivathsa. Aditya has also studied Mridangam (South Indian percussion) under one of today’s top musicians, Neyveli Narayanan. I think he is for few years learning from TM krishna. Adithya sister Mythili Prakash is reputed bharathanatyam dancer and his amma Viji Prakash runs a bharathanatyam school in LosAngeles.

There is this write up of his in The Hindu dated March 19th,2020. It is nice to see that The Hindu which usually gives writeup to only a small arc of musicians who have that clout . Adithya gets the exclusive non review write up in The Hindu.

I was thinking for a long time which I am announcing now - LA Male trinity musicians are Sandeep Narayan, Ramakrishnan Murthy and Adithya Prakash

We have to see how Adithya pans out with this Diaspora Kid and Band Branding.There was a post where ace communicator of rasikas "sachi" said he and Adithya are related .He has to say what he thinks on this writeup.

https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 106955.ece

Sachi_R

Re: Adithya Prakash

Post by Sachi_R »

Rajesh, well shared! I have known Aditya from when he was 6 or so. His sister and he have worked really hard to get to where they are now. His parents were exemplary in promoting art.

Whenever I have heard Aditya, I have found the same intensity and sensitivity you speak of. He is particularly good in singing devotional, non-traditional compositions.

I think he will do very well in a cross-fusion type of genre. His Carnatic roots will be a big strength in this!

CRama

Post by CRama »

Aditya Prakash is a very good carnatic singer too. Now he is having advanced training under TMK and RKSK. I have posted many reviews of his concerts in this forum. This season, I heard two of his concerts. Very good. I have written review of his Academy concert in Sruti magazine of March 2017.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

👍

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

IMO, while I have enjoyed some of Aditya's solo tracks online, I feel that when he sings for his sister, the combination is just awesome. Aditya's deeply masculine voice is the perfect foil for Mythili's quicksilver and fluid femininity.

CRama

Post by CRama »

rshankar wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 23:37 IMO, while I have enjoyed some of Aditya's solo tracks online, I feel that when he sings for his sister, the combination is just awesome. Aditya's deeply masculine voice is the perfect foil for Mythili's quicksilver and fluid femininity.
Any link available