NJNandini, 7/Nov/2021, Arkay

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sankark

NJNandini, 7/Nov/2021, Arkay

Post by sankark »

for Aanmajothi with
BAnanthakrishnan, NCBharadwaj & KVGopalakrishnan

@ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MJpQ8n2Ack

kalai kattifying thOdi @ start, a rare ST krithi sri rAmachandrA http://swathithirunalfestival.org/compo ... ndra-disha and nice crisp swarams.
a short chakravAham outline and sugunamulE now.

Should be interesting 2 more hours!

sankark

Re: NJNandini, 7/Nov/2021, Arkay

Post by sankark »

varAli (nE pogadakuntE), devagandhari (kshitija ramanam), mandari (ninnu jeppa), bilahari

CRama

Post by CRama »

That Thodi was simply awesome. A very rare kriti. Once Semmangudi sang this in Navarathri Mandapam. It fitted well as the opening song.

sankark

Post by sankark »

v good one till bilahari (dorakunA)/tani.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

If my memory is right I,Suresh vv, srk and crama had her sing Tamadam en swami few years back in the same Arkay . We were floored then. This todi is also well done todi, can some one pass me ssi version of this krithi please. I also liked her chakravakham. Just as sankark said, i thought she lost a bit of steam with dorakuna -bilahari . I am not a big fan of this raga bilahari and also this krithi being promoted as main(just my personal taste).

Her strength is her sweetness in voice and also her middle and lower register has lot of azhuttam. IF Dr Menon is among my favourite ,she is certainly a great among malabar land vidushi young brigade favourite artist of main. She can also have an eye on bit more janaranjakam quotient , that will surely help- For eg such a heavy varali as submain and then following with a bit of rare Bilahari as main could have been avoided- that shows more deeper knowledge as a vidushi but a bit of loss of pulse with the audience (atleast for my taste) .

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Just finished listening to the main Bilahari. An artiste in her elements! Noteworthy is the neraval in nE Pogada (varALI) with nIRaja nayana with atIta eduppu (take off). A khanda cApu was not just a tALA variation filler. She put Sri tyAgaraja's kriti wealth to do effective manOdharma.