SANDEEP NARAYANAN FOR SICA 63RD ANNIVERSARY– PREMIER ON 7/11/2021

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

SANDEEP NARAYANAN FOR SICA 63RD ANNIVERSARY– PREMIER ON 7/11/2021

Post by CRama »

With B.Ananthakrishnan (Violin), S.J.Arjun Ganesh (Mridangam), Sunil Kumar (Ganjira)
Vaidyanathan (Tambura).

List of songs.
• Eranapai- Varnam- thodi.
• Ramachandram bhavayami- Vasantha (S)
• Amba Neelambari- Neelambari- Ponnaiah Pillai
• Himagiritanaye-Sudhadhanyasi
• Ninnana valasina- Kalyani- Thyagaraja- (R,N,S)
• Thani
• Sringarakumara- Varunapriya- Koteeswara Iyer
• RTP-Dwijavanthi- Chutusra Jhampa- 2 kalai.
• Pallavi-Jaya jaya avanthikalika Bhavani Durgati pariharini
• RM- Bhavapriya, Durga.
• Irakkam varamal- Behag
• Thillana- Rakesree.

Link to the concert. https://youtu.be/17IC9VeR2TU

A stellar concert from young brigade. It is very long time since I heard Sandeep Narayanan. His booming voice with full of energy, imagination came to the fore to present a highly classical fare.

The kriti in Kalyani is rarely heard one. I have heard it from Nedunuri and Dr. Balamuralikrishna. Sandeep presented it very well in an apapropriate kalapramanam with the imaginative sangatis, elaborate eneraval and swaraprastarsm, squeezing every ounce of Kalyani. Dwijavanthi (or Jaijaivanthi) was simply awesome. What an imagination, voice modulation, thick and thin shades very diligently used to paint a beautiful picture of this charming ragam. Semmangudi came to my mind. Name of the ragams intelligently embedded in the pallavi. The pallavi, neraval, swaras all were succinct.

Violin by Ananthakrishnan was simply superb. His raga alpanas and swara returns were top. He lifts the level of any concert where he is a player. Mridangam by Arjun Ganesh and Ganjira by Sunil Kumar also embellished the concert to a great extent. Please listen to the concert and give your feedback.