Vid. Saketaraman - Musically Margazhi - Kartik fine arts - Prem. Dec 2, 2021

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shankarank

Vid. Saketaraman - Musically Margazhi - Kartik fine arts - Prem. Dec 2, 2021

Post by shankarank »

Sri S. Saketharaman – Vocal
Sri H.N. Bhaskar – Violin
Sri Patri Satishkumar – Mridangam
Sri B.S. Purushotham – Khanjira

nee pada pankajamula - bEGaDa - Adi - SrI tyAgarAja - svarams @ pallavi line

a Slow paced Shanmugapriya Alapana - spent quite a time in pmgr zone.
Equally sedate reply by HNB.

ANDavanE unai nambinEn - rUpakam - SrI pApanASam Sivan - NS @tANDavamADum
A theme on 7 forms of tANDavam. He prefaced their names in neraval/svarams. With naDai variations also in svarams.

mANikYavINAm - viruttam in nIlambari - a SlOkam of SrI KALidAsA.

SRngAra lahari - nIlAmbari - Adi - Mysore Lingaraju
Another sedate rendition!

prasanna vEnkaTESvaram bhajarE - vAti vasanta bhairavi - triSra tripuTa - SrI Dikshitar
kriti on tanjAvUr prasanna vEnkatESvara svAmi - His recorded announcement preceding the rendition mentioned it as miSra tripuTa tALam. A brisk rendition.

rAgam tAnam pallavi - rAg pAT dIp.

Pallavi line from tirukkuraL - a tribute to his recently demised father.
A raga exposition that had melancholy built into it. For me it is a modified kalyANa vasantam shade, with more sweeter melody.

tALam chosen was triSra jAti ATa tALam.

|| (7) magan tandaikku | (3) ATRum udavi | (6) ivan tandai ennOTRAn || kol enum col

A son's tribute to his father is when people say what penance his father did to get him as son.

rAgamAlika svaram in SuruTTi, mAnavati , Sindhu bhairavi , with pAT dIp and mahuda svaram in reverse order.

So he majorly chose rAgAs with poignant mood to fit his tribute.

tani by the percussionists was excellent with sankIRNa kuraippu ( 80 -8 = 72 ) leaving 4 , 4 gap for them to pickup in half avartAs.

gOvinda nina namavE cantA - janasammodini - Adi - Sri PurandaradAsa - A Maharajapuram favorite.

a viruttam in tamizh on kanchi kAmAkshi - pattu viral mOdiram

followed by

karpagamE - madyAmAvati - Adi - SrI pApanASam Sivan

A very personal and emotional concert from the sound of it based on his announcement.

The initial startup had Mic overly sensitized to his voice pickup drowning out everything - and then it was adjusted from second item onwards.

rajeshnat

Re: Vid. Saketaraman - Musically Margazhi - Kartik fine arts - Prem. Dec 2, 2021

Post by rajeshnat »

shankarank wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 10:50
rAgam tAnam pallavi - rAg pAT dIp.

Pallavi line from tirukkuraL - a tribute to his recently demised father.
A raga exposition that had melancholy built into it. For me it is a modified kalyANa vasantam shade, with more sweeter melody.

tALam chosen was triSra jAti ATa tALam.

|| (7) magan tandaikku | (3) ATRum udavi | (6) ivan tandai ennOTRAn || kol enum col

A son's tribute to his father is when people say what penance his father did to get him as son.

rAgamAlika svaram in SuruTTi, mAnavati , Sindhu bhairavi , with pAT dIp and mahuda svaram in reverse order.

So he majorly chose rAgAs with poignant mood to fit his tribute.

10 or 12 years back , Sanjay Subrahmanyan sang rtp in patdeep in mudhra (IIRC). I thought that day the shade of gowrimanohari for patdeep is higher than the shade of kalyanavasantham. All said it is a beautiful raga with a tinge of melancholy, ragas like patdeep, srothaswini may get into more established group of say kalyanavasantham, sivaranjani. One fine way to dwelve deep is to sing RTP in that ragam. Kudos sAketharaman and the top class team of HNB, Patri and BSP

I dont think there is any krithi yet in circulation for the ragam patdeep or may be there is just one or two that is there that i have now forgotten . :)

Till then you only have one early 1984 composition(there is two that i know ) :) from Illayaraja sung by SPB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMc9IXDSF4

shankarank

Re: Vid. Saketaraman - Musically Margazhi - Kartik fine arts - Prem. Dec 2, 2021

Post by shankarank »

Yes! I do remember the colorful discussion between @arasi and @harimau regarding that :D