New Varnam in Hamsanada composed by Amrutha Venkatesh

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
girish_a

New Varnam in Hamsanada composed by Amrutha Venkatesh

Post by girish_a »

Here is a delightful varnam in Hamsanada composed by Vidushi Amrutha Venkatesh. From the description in the video:

Happy to bring to all of you a Varnam composed by Vidushi Amrutha Venkatesh , in the Ragam Hamsanadam , set to Adi Thalam. This video was taken right after she taught the varnam to her disciples Ms. Supreetha Krishna , Ms. Mahati Sudhagar and Ms.Sowmya S.

The Varnam in Tamil , is in praise of Lord Shiva and has interesting swaram patterns and rhythmic structures in the Lyrics as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeSdl7Au08Q

arasi

Re: New Varnam in Hamsanada composed by Amrutha Venkatesh

Post by arasi »

Thank you Girish :)
Delightful, indeed! Then again, it is Amrutha. I have heard her sing in her growing years and then as an established musician. Her singing for me has always borne that brand of delight. The formula for this is simple. Her innate talent, her shraddha and her love for music which is topped with rich imagination. No wonder she has brought us this lovely piece.
At first, I thought she had composed this with young students in mind. No! As it progressed, it had surprises, ceasing to be a simple varNam. Amrutha.V's varied patterns emerge, making it a delightful varNam, indeed. The momentum keeps up and there, we have a very nice varNam to learn...

She usually makes the audience happy with her enthusiasm. Here, her students are inspired to sing, beaming as they proceed. KannaDa speaking students are finding Tamizh no barrier! naDam in place of naTam is no big deal for them, I am sure.
Thanks Amrutha :)