Vid. Spoorthy Rao @ Mayura - Dallas - April 21, 2023

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shankarank

Vid. Spoorthy Rao @ Mayura - Dallas - April 21, 2023

Post by shankarank »

Vid. Spoorthy Rao - Vocal.
Vid. Pappu GyAndEv - Violin
Vid. Akshay AnathapadmanAbhan - Mridangam

mAtE malayatvaja - daru vaRNam of Dr. HMB - khamas
svAminata paripalayAsumAm
Ranga pura vihAra

Sarasangi Alapana
ni kEla dayarAdu of SrI RamasvAmi Sivan - khANDa cApu - neraval at sAkEta puravAsA - svarams

mOkshamu galadA - sAramati - SrI tyAgarAja
kamalacaraNE - amRt behag - SrI GNB

SubhapantuvarALi main
nI samAnamevaru - MySore SrI VasudEvcArya neraval @ vasudEvuni

BhArO KrishnayyA
hE Govinda hE gOpala - bhajan
sharaNa SharaNa Ek nAtha - abhang

An outstanding concert by the young artist, with a maturity that belongs to some of the more senior artistes of today. She electrified the audience, some good 150 Plus - in a smaller venue , but arranged with 2 weeks of notice. Beautiful lilting Sarasangi , and a good paced rendition of the kriti that set the mood of the concert. Nerval was very detailed for the line sAkEta puravAsA.

When she did graha bEdam in SubhapantuvarALi on niShAdam with shaDja pancama vaRjyam to get Mohanam and from RShabam to get Brindavana Saranga, she just made her mark as an expert musician at an age that is pre-college.
She showed excellent voice range in this Alapana.

nI samAna was truly rendered with such felicity, bringing out the rAgam so well with free floating syllable flows.

Both the accompanists supported her well. Gyandev gave fitting replies to her Alapanas.

Akshay's tani was expertful bending and beating around the beats.

A great concert by the team.

arasi

Re: Vid. Spoorthy Rao @ Mayura - Dallas - April 21, 2023

Post by arasi »

Thank you for the review, Shankarank :)
Yes, what a superkid she is! She impressed me no end at the Cleveland festival. A child prodigy who is shaping up so well. Have you heard that concert yet? Please write about her and others in the Cleveland thread when you get the time.

You speak about Akshay Anantha Padmanabhan with your expertise in laya. Even to lay folks like me, he sounded very agreeable when he played at the festival...

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

shankarank wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 09:18 SubhapantuvarALi main
nI samAnamevaru - MySore SrI VasudEvcArya neraval @ vasudEvuni
nI samAnamevaru composition is by GN Balasubramaniam. Young spoorthi is the disciple of Ranjani Gayatri. Best wishes for her tour .

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Thanks for the correction. I mistook it seeing the mudra. Heard this only rarely. Yes indeed she is a replica of the G of R&G. When her Gurus are busy enchanting the - ( Gen-U) :lol: - now guess what is for "U" - , she is filling their space single handedly :D

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

arasi wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 22:49 You speak about Akshay Anantha Padmanabhan with your expertise in laya. Even to lay folks like me, he sounded very agreeable when he played at the festival...
There was a bit of analytical approach , some raw calculative something in his playing. Of course my positive comments are based on their expected potential , the task at hand and how they met it. Also given that all of them are in the same Gen group , if not same Gen, that gives a bit of relaxation to accompanists to play freely. Which might bring out their best as well.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Agreed...