Sri Vedanth Ramanujam

Remembering musicians of the recent past
Nick H

Sri Vedanth Ramanujam

Post by Nick H »

Sri Vedanth Ramanujam burst onto the Chennai music scene under the banner "Parampara" some years ago (pre-covid). He became a prolific presenter of concerts in Chennai, including his Parampara series.

His parampara series presented the gurus and students of several schools. The two that I recall now were Musiri School, featuring Smt Suguna Varadachari and her students, and the Mudicondan school, featuring the students of Smt R Vedavalli. We had the opportunity to see students who do not regularly perform on stage, as well as the regular professionals. Each series was beautifully documented in a book with pages for the gurus and the students.

As well as this, he presented many individual concerts. Arkay Convention Centre, Ragasudha Hall, and an RA Puram hall whose name I forget, were his regular venues. his banner was seldom missing from The Hindu ads.

He gave so much support to so many artists, and so much pleasure to so many listeners.

Of course, all sabhas faded out of public existence with covid, and, sadly, Parampara was not to be seen again when covid retreated.

I came to know that he had fallen into ill health. Then, yesterday, I heard that he had passed away.

I was a bit surprised this had not yet been mentioned here: this is my humble effort in tribute.

thanjavooran

Re: Sri Vedanth Ramanujam

Post by thanjavooran »

very sorry to hear. Condolences to his family. Ohm Shanthi

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

His parampara series was very respectful for all the great Artists who built up over a period of years. Particularly one that he held for PSN where PSN mama was there is right now before my eyes. PSN and Vedanth Ramanujam sir have immense mutual respect for each other .Vedanth Ramanujam belongs to class of organizers like Nadoposana srinivasan , Safe Ramabadran . They all did not have a hall but were still running a sabha ,ofcourse not at the scale of nadopasana and safe who were all super star organizers . Parampara had most of his most music concerts in madhuradhwani - arkays hall of Luz

Vedanth Ramanujam experimented the idea of starting the concert at 5 or 5 30 which was not a bad move at alll as there is heavy exodus around 07 30 pm . Not sure he continued the idea all the time. I have not talked with him other than recurrent just a namaskaram pavamana sowrashtram at the end or hello sir nattai is what i have done with him.

Om shanthi to Shri Vedanth Ramanujam

arasi

Post by arasi »

May his soul rest in peace, with music playing...I have wondered about Sri Vedanth Ramanujam. I had noted that here was an organizer of many concerts in recent years. Must be a younger enthusiast who liked to nourish CM on his part, I have thought. Yes, in the steps of Nadsopasana Srinivasan, Sri Rajagopalan (of the US) and others who had no venues to hold concerts in, but they forged ahead and strove to make them happen, no matter.

Condolences to the family...