Vijay Siva in SankritiLaya , Bay Area

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
thanjavooran

Vijay Siva in SankritiLaya , Bay Area

Post by thanjavooran »

Vocal Concert by Vijay Siva
April 21 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Venue.  Santa Clara Convention Center.
This event is part of a Spring 2024 Concert Tour coordinated by SanKritiLaya.

Vijay Siva – Vocal,
S.R. Vikneswaran – Vocal Support,
Trivandrum Sampath – Violin,
Palghat A.M. Harinarayanan – Mridangam
The concert started exactly at 16 00 hrs with a very minimum introduction of Artistes.  All clad in different colored shirts and white dhoti.  Vijay with an angavasthram around his neck. 
Following is the list of songs.
1. Sarasuda/varnam.  Saveri
2. Anandhabhairavi/Pahi sri girirasa suthe. R N S3.
Kalyani/Bhaje re chitha/.  R N S
4. Parulanu vedanu/balahamsa.  R S
5. Dhanyasi/Rama bi rama manasu
6. Neelambari/. Kkanamal veedhi ile
7. Karaharapriya/Chakani raja. RNS T
8. RTP/Bilahari/Ahobilaharim naraharim sadha shraye.  RTP
9. Asai mukam marandhu poche/jonpuri
10. Swami mukya parana nee/dasar
11. Thellu thamizh/kavadi chindu
12. Nada vindhu/Senchuruti
Mangalam
A well planned program Soukyam, no hurry and pleasing.   His two disciples were given full freedom in Raga delineation , Niraval and swaram.  No pantha.  The Hall was half full  with learned rasikas appreciating at appropriate places .  Mirudangam played well and his thani was good. The entire 180 mts were quite enjoyable.  Vijay did not show any reaction on appreciation after each song by rasikas, but only at the end he accepted the honor by Rasikas.  Some 50 yrs back had an opportunity to listen to his thirupugazh singing as a very young boy in an LIC Officer's marriage reception.  In the middle of the concert he was put on the dais and made to sing which was wonderful. Ananda byravi, Karaharapriya were excellent. 
Violin closely followed and his Kalyani was excellent.  A very well organised concert and the credit goes to Secretary and his team.  At the entrance, volunteering team was very kind and pious. When I was left at the hall for parking the car one gentle lady offered me a seat and even wanted me to enter inside Auditorium to sit comfortably.  I want more Rasikas to share their views which will enhance the services of organisers and the Vidwath of of Vidwans.   More details of this concert from learned Rasikas who attended are welcome.
Thanjavooran
22 04 2024

rajeshnat

Re: Vijay Siva in SankritiLaya , Bay Area

Post by rajeshnat »

This is all mmani and team right... Sankritilaya team you give 3 and half to 4 hours , why just 3 hours- you are the prime sabha of all the sabhas in the USA .... Still some what super

Thank you for your review. Trivandrum sampath has got an extraordinary azhuttam , this artist being from kerala we see him play minimally in madras. I vaguely recollect once our bilahari reviewed concert of academy where amritha murali sang this bilahari RTP where you have the raga keyword bilahareem embedded.

6. Neelambari/. Kkanamal veedhi ile is KAnamal veenile - neelambari - MuthuTandavar