Raga Jog

Rāga related discussions
kishorepalle

Post by kishorepalle »

Hello All,

I am new here and after browsing through some of the threads here, I was very pleased to see people helping each other with music either by identifying ragas, sharing opinions or discussing recordings and etc.

I have a question for you all, Have you heard any krithis/Bhajans/Keerthanas in ragam Jog? I heard only one which is Aakativelala Sri Annamacharya Keerthana on www.musicindiaonline.com. But that was the only one though. Please let me know if you know of any more compositions in this raga.

BTW, you can find one of my compositions on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Mejqc8SQs . This is written and composed by me, please post your comments/suggestions.

Thanks
Kishore

murthyhmg

Post by murthyhmg »

Some renditions in Jog available at:
http://www.sangeethamshare.org/murthy/1 ... enditions/

kishorepalle

Post by kishorepalle »

Thanks Mr. Murthy. I'll listen to those.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Thanks to Murthyand Sangeethapriya, I just now heard AjoyChokraborthy 's jog tarana in jhabtaal. Wonderful .what a voice .! I could also feel his style of singing especially the pronunciation ofswaras,is more like a southindian singing than a northindian(hm) musician .Am I CORRECT ? GOBILALITHA

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

S.Gayathri has sung smaravAram in jOg on musicindiaonline.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

KJ in his one among the bests
Last edited by VK RAMAN on 12 Mar 2009, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

coolji, what is your opinion about my post no4 ? gobilallitha

rvmony

Post by rvmony »

Mr. Raman ji,

Besides KJ's Pramadhavanam .. Bhajan.. Raghavam Karunakaram.. by famaous sampradaya bhajan singer Shri Bombay Hari (DH Viswanathan) is also in Jog.. I will try to upload in your tube..

R Veeramoney
Trivandrum

tkb

Post by tkb »

In heArtbeat Ensemble of Dr Karthick & team, there is a composition on Jog wich sounds really good. I will try uploading one and give a link.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Sri Veeramoney, please do share with us sampradaya bhajan of by Sri Bombay Hari and look forward to the url.