Aththindom - which film?

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
tilt

Post by tilt »

I just happened to catch a song on the radio, sounds like SPB. The song goes:

"aththindOm, thindhiyum thondhana, thindhaadhirundOm"

The song sounds a lot like "maankueile poonkuyile sEdhi oNNu kELu", another favourite of mine.

Is this SPB? Did Ilayaraja make the music? Sounds like him. Can someone tell me which movie this song is from? I should like to get it for my iPod.

Thanks and cheers

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Dear Tilt

This song is from Chandramukhi. |Singers SPB and Vaishali music by Vidyasagar.

following contains a link to that song :

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/7Vm ... As1NMvHdW/

JB

tilt

Post by tilt »

Thanks Mridamgam. I saw that movie and I did not remember that song being there. Must be growing old :)

Cheers

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

there is a funny song in the film RAAGINI, music by OPNayyar)), where a bengali lad loves a tamiian girl,, both of them not knowing the other's language.. 'main bangali chokra kar pyar ko nomoshkaram, my madhrasi chokri muje tumse pyaram '. can anybody post the lyrics . I tried, music india, raaga, hummaa wewbsites , but the song is n ot available. if permissible the song may be posted

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

GBL ji,

The song you mentioned is available in this blog.

http://channelmasti.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... -1958.html

Mods, please remove this link if this violates the forum rules.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

thank you shadjam, i heard the song for two reasons. 1) the lyrics and Asha's coquettish rendering 2) what else, being a crazy admirer of OPNayyar gobilalitha

tilt

Post by tilt »

I love Kishore, Asha and O P Nayyar too, thanks for asking about this song and thanks for posting the link! I especially love it hen Asha says "pyaarum". the main difference between Hindi and Samskrit (using the "um" or "an" after a word unlike in Hindi where they drop it, like Karnatakam and Karnatak, Raman and Ram, Japam and Jap, Hridayam and Hriday, you get the picture.

I have a suggestion: would it be good to start a new topic for each song that you are looking for instead of piling on a thread started for some other song? This way when someone does a forum search for a song, they will find the appropriate thread instead of having to wade through a seemingly unrelated thread.

Cheers
Last edited by tilt on 24 Mar 2008, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

thanks tilt. I should have started a new thread for the raagini .song .but since you have thanked mridangam after hearing the song you wanted , the matter ended there. gobilalitha

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

No problem. When I have some time, I will split the thread. As a general comment: Though it is recommended to have a separate thread for separate topics, as in real life conversations, we do slip into other and related discussions in one thread. If it goes too far, someone will suggest we get back to the topic ;) But if it is not related at all, yes, please open a new thread.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

will it not be a good idea to have a seperate thread for flm songs alone in all
languages, instead of combining them with light classical, not orthodox songs. in this thread, classical songs like yehi mudham, aarabi songs figure along with noorjahan songs! gobilalitha

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

why no reply?, Is the suggestion not worthy of consideration? gobilalitha