Bhairavi Music Circle, Puducherry.

Concerts and other events related to CM.
V.Mahalingam

Bhairavi Music Circle, Puducherry.

Post by V.Mahalingam »

November Programme
Members' Day
On
14/11/2010 (Sunday)
at
4 P.M.

Venue:
Societe Progressiste,
12, Kalatheeswaran Koil Street,
Puducherry-605 001

VK RAMAN

Re: Bhairavi Music Circle, Puducherry.

Post by VK RAMAN »

Does Members' Day one of the members will sing

V.Mahalingam

Post by V.Mahalingam »

Thank you Mr. V.K. Raman.
Not one but all the talented members, their wife, children and grand children. By giving a stage to them we encourage their talents and this will instill confidence in them. Last year the response was so heavy that the programme went up to 10.30 P.M. (6 to 10.30.P.M.) we also give them some memento, of course connected with carnatic Music. This we have been doing for the last 4 years. We find the response encouraging. Bhairavi is bent upon developing Carnatic Music in Pondicherry in some way or other.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Great idea. The children grow up in this community, preparing for this annual event as musicians and as rasikas. The best part of it is that each one that participates gets a momento, not as if he or she is in a competition. What a nice way to cultivate a tradition of singing, playing an instrument or just listening!

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

I believe this is a good way for the community to encourage the talents in the community and I hope it is supported by the community artists too.

V.Mahalingam

Post by V.Mahalingam »

The very word competition will generate fear in some young talents and they may not participate. So we purposely avoided Competition. We are planning to conduct a open to all competition (School and College lever) in Carnatic music in the month of January 2011. We need your blessings and prayers for the success.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

It sounds like a wonderful function. I'd be there if I was in Pondy!

tkb

Post by tkb »

Wish i can make it too!i

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Nick H:
You should come. Last year we had a German participant - a flutist!

tkb:
Please do join!

And last year, the 'Participation Certificates' were handed over by Mandolin U. Srinivas. He was kind enough to add his signature on all Certificates. He also spent some time talking to the participants and answering their queries; he was very friendly and the youngsters were very happy.