Radel Veena Festival

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Radhika-Rajnarayan

Radel Veena Festival

Post by Radhika-Rajnarayan »

Dear Rasikas,

On behalf of Radel I cordially invite you to a unique veena festival, Jan 8 - 11, 2011, at the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Mini Hall, Mylapore, Chennai.

The invitation and programme are here:

Sreeni Rajarao

Re: Radel Veena Festival

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Best wishes for the event!
It looks very interesting - I hope you will be able to webcast the program or share audio/video clips with us!

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Manipal Aruna Kumari - The World's First Blind High Grade Veena Artist of Excellence - I have heard her. Radhika - we wish the event all successes.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Best Wishes! J&J 4-hour concert - fantastic!! I did not know that Sri Ramh was also a vaiNika - I was only aware of him as a vocalist.

PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

A very good line-up of veena concerts.
Will the artists be playing the radel instruments or the regular veena?

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Good question PUNARVASU. Of course they have included journey of Radel and Open house in their agenda.

Radhika-Rajnarayan

Thank you all for your good wishes.
All the artistes featured are excellent and each of them has his / her individual approach to the music and the instrument.
RShanker, S P Ramh is a very good veena artiste, as is his sister, Smt Pavithra.

Sri V K Raman, all of them will be playing on the Sunadavinodini.

The archival session is something unmissable - I am going to have a tough time keeping my mouth shut during the rasikas meet about this part of the programme because I am so excited about it. But there is a quiz at the end of it and I would not like to say any more! Anyway, please do attend! It will be a treat.
The 'Radel journey' programme will be something quite interesting, not the usual promotional exercise.
And the open house is an extension of the open invitation I had posted many months ago here on rasikas.org for users of Radel products to freely discuss any issues.

Looking forward to meeting the rasikas at the meet, and at our veena festival!

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

meet about this part of the programme because I am so excited about it.
I know !! I know !!!
You are going to talk about a hand held device , that will show the name of the raga on its LCD Screen , as soon as the artist starts playing / singing . :grin: :clap: Your latest invention , Isn't it ?
Fun apart , Best wishes. hope to be there .

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

Mrs. Radhika Rajnarayan,

Welcome to you for the Rasikas Meet. How many new rabbits are to come out off from your hat ???

S.NAGESWARAN.

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

R-R-R : All the very best for the upcoming veena festival.

R_R : Radhika Rajnarayan ; Third R is for Radel Systems

Do we get Prizes for Quiz Competition ? I'm sure age is not a barrier ?

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

No Not really . But retired people are not allowed to participate. Especially ones who have Just retired . :grin:

arasi

Post by arasi »

Radhika,
A miss for all of us who leave Chennai before the event--more so because several of our fellow members are part of it. Besides you, mridhangam (Mannarkoil Balaji), and J&J ar taking part.
Have a great festival!
Last edited by arasi on 14 Dec 2010, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

cienu

Post by cienu »

Best wishes :)

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

mankuthimma wrote:No Not really . But retired people are not allowed to participate. Especially ones who have Just retired . :grin:
Am partcipitating in the QUIZ as i know " s p s " only in that ocean of CM !!!

Why r u relating it into my professional retirement.

Coolji- I have a problem with u- I am unable to reach u on u'r mobile.
Pl let me have the pleasure of talking to U. Pl enable my number 09886777450.
I DO KNOW NO ONE MUST DISTURB Coolji during Music Season.
I do hope my request will be favourably granted.

Radhika-Rajnarayan

Do we get Prizes for Quiz Competition ? I'm sure age is not a barrier
Sri Manjunath-Anyone can participate! No age or any other barriers - and every single person who answers correctly will get a prize.

Smt 'Arasi', thank you for your good wishes.

Sri Nageswaran, no rabbits at all - just music and more music at the Radel festival - old treasures and new treasures!

Radhika-Rajnarayan

Dear Rasikas,

A gentle reminder of our upcoming music festival from Saturday (8th) to Tuesday (11th).
Please do come, and enjoy the archival sessions too!

tkb

Post by tkb »

All the very best for the event and its grand success.

Rajani

Post by Rajani »

Hope the event went well yesterday. Any reviews from forumites?

Hope to see some forum members at the concert by Smt Jaysri and Sri Jeyaraaj today.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Today is J & J 4-hour concert. I am sure this will be very special.

Oh dear, two musical things clash for me --- plus my American visitors!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Yes - please! Radhika - any chance of reviews??

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

With astonishing stamina, J & J gave a concert which was closer to four and a half hours. With even greater stamina, Balaji accompanied them, having also played for the previous concert, joined by Murali playing Ghatam.

Whilst the audience needed stamina too, it was no trouble to find it. It was interesting to watch my own "biological" concert clock getting confounded by the duration. In the end, I wishes they had given another half hour to the pallavi and made it five hours!

I was shocked to arrive to a nearly empty hall, but happy to see it filling up, if a little late, then much better late than never.

Radhika-Rajnarayan

The veena concerts were unique, each in their own way. I shall upload photos and videos after I get them.
Jeyaraaj-Jaysri's concert - I need a couple of days to get back to normal after listening to that one! You experience such concerts only a few times in a lifetime. Those who attended the concert were truly fortunate. The hall was full, but I was disappointed at the low turnout from the rasikas. Apart from Nick, I could not identify anyone.
Nick, I think all the artists (including Balaji and Murali) that day, probably went through the phenomenon athletes do when they run marathons - I am not sure, but I think it is called 'second wind' - when the athlete initially feels extremely tired and if somehow manages to continue running, the fatigue disappears. Some complex human body reaction. Because, if you remember, Jaysri asked towards the fag end of the tanam 'what time is it?' and when she was told '8 pm' she was utterly shocked! They (and all of us) were so immersed in the music that none of us had any idea of the time. That is why they wound up the pallavi (oh what a killer that pallavi was!) quickly. Yes indeed - we were all willing and eager to listen and enjoy the music for another hour.
The last one in the series - N Ananthanarayanan is scheduled for 6 pm today.
A bunch of reviews, photos, and videos soon to be uploaded!

arasi

Post by arasi »

I'm filled with regret that I missed the festival. Already, I had missed J&J's concert during the season because of my mixing up dates when entering the programs in my concert planner. Adding to it, I did not have a chance to hear Balaji either :( Truly a miss.

Radhika,
I was very happy to meet you at the Rasikas gathering. Please let me know if you have planned a concert of theirs in Bengaluru in the near future.

Rajani,
Please write about the concert, and I hope others will too.
Last edited by arasi on 12 Jan 2011, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Radhika-Rajnarayan

Arasi, it was a pleasure meeting you at the rasikas' meet. I am hoping to upload the videos soon, so please do not have regrets about missing any concerts. The live atmosphere, though, was something else, with Balaji's infectious enthusiasm and Murali's equally spirited replies. I guess the videos should be available in a day or two, so by early next week I should be able to upload a bunch.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Thanks! Will meet again anyway, since I'm now in your town!

shankar

Post by shankar »

I was told the festival was very excellent, which I missed. But I came to know the audience response except for a 1 or 2 concerts were very poor... the hall was somewhat empty!!.. Can you pls upload the photos and videos of the festival..

Radhika-Rajnarayan

Looking forward to that, Arasi!