bhajan on Mahalakshmi..nee nenaindal...

History, religion and culture
ashaparvathy

bhajan on Mahalakshmi..nee nenaindal...

Post by ashaparvathy »

i happen to hear a lovely song/ bhajan on Mahalakshmi Devi..nee nenaindaal agaadhedhe undo, neeraja...would like to know the exact words and the meaning of the lyrics....please do help me understand this beautiful composition. thank you...

Lakshman

Re: bhajan on Mahalakshmi..nee nenaindal...

Post by Lakshman »

nI ninaindAl. rAgA: jOnpuri/darbArikAnaDA. Adi tALA.

P: nI ninaindAl AgAdadum unDO nIrajadaLa nayani mahAlakSmi
A: mAniDa vAzhkkaiyilE inba tunbam mAri mAri varuvadum un seyal anrO
C: ellA perumaigaLum irundAlum adu unnaDi vaNangAmal nilai perumO
unnaruL pArvai illAdavarkku ulagilE vAzha vazhi Edu ammA

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

AshaParvathy - here you go: This is a composition that is fashioned entirely as a series of questions posed to 'nAraNanAr pugazharasi' who is 'minnum navarattinam pOl mEni azhaguDaiyAL'....

pallavi
nI ninaindAl AgAdadum unDO nIrajadaLa nayani mahAlakSmi (nI ninandAl...)

Oh mahAlakshmi, with eyes (nayanI) like the petals (daLa) of a lotus (nIraja), is (uNDO) there such a thing as 'not possible' (AgAdadum) if you (nI) intend/design/decree (ninaindAl) it to be?

anupallavi
mAniDa vAzhkkaiyilE inba tunbam mAri mAri varuvadum un seyal anrO (nI ninaindAl...)

Isn't (anRO) the fact that happiness (inba) and sorrow (tunbam) come (varuvadum) in alternating cycles (mAri mAri) in this human (mAniDa) existence/life (vAzhkkaiyilE) of ours, your (un) doing (Seyal)?

caraNam
ellA perumaigaLum irundAlum adu unnaDi vaNangAmal nilai perumO
unnaruL pArvai illAdavarkku ulagilE vAzha vazhi Edu ammA (nI ninaindAl...)

Even if one has (irundAlum) all (ellA) that is grand/excellent (perumaigaL) in this world, will it/they (adu) attain (perumO) permanence (nilai) without paying obeisence/bowing down (vaNangAmal) at your (un) feet (aDi)? Oh mother (ammA), what (Edu) is the means (vazhi) for survival/living life (vAzha) in this world (ulagilE) for those unfortunate folks who do not have (illAdavarkku) the protection/blessings of your (un) divine (aruL) glance (pArvai) upon them?

Cheerful

Post by Cheerful »

It is beautiful indeed!
Can you please let me know who penned it?
Is there an audio/video that we all could enjoy?

Thanks!

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

Nee Ninaindhal Aghadadum" (Periasamy Thooran)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unHeqfmWk-w

venkatakailasam

Cheerful

Post by Cheerful »

Thank you so much Mr. VKailasam! You made my Mother's Day, with this lovely video! Also I really enjoyed your National Geographic special: A Camera, Two Kids and a Camel. It was very entertaining and enlightening! Thanks again!