Gayathri Girish @ Krishna Gana Sabha

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Sathej

Post by Sathej »

Smt Gayathri Girish - Vocal
Shri V Sanjeev - Violin
Shri B Ganapathiraman - Mrudangam
Shri DV Venkatasubramaniam - Ghatam

Venue : Sri Krishna Gana Sabha
Date : August 28, 2008

1) Nee Inda - Dhanyasi Adi Tala Varnam - O
2) Maakelara - Ravichandrika - S
3) Nadaloludai - Kalyanavasantham - A
4) Thaaye Ezhai - Bhairavi - Papanasam Sivan
5) Ethavanura - Kalyani - ANST
6) Antharanga - Shadvidamargini
7) RTP - Surutti - Khanda Triputa 2 Kalai - Ragamalika Swarams in Varali, Khamas, Hamsanandi, Vaasanthi
8) Muruganin Maru Peyar - Behag
9) Yamaneli Kananendu - Dasar Krithi - Sivaranjani, preceded by an Ugabhoga
10) Mangalam

It was a good concert with a list encompassing both rare and common songs. Beginning with the rarely heard Dhanyasi Varnam of Papanasam Sivan (I heard it sometime last year by Sanjay), Smt Gayathri moved on to the familiar Maakelara rounded off with a quick round of Swarams. Kalyanavasantham Alapanai was emotively done. The Bhairavi Krithi was announced. The lyrics seemed to have nice philosophical meaning. Kalyani was elaborately sung with an Alapanai of about 15 min. The Swarams had a fair amount of Kanakku, true to the TNS school. Antharanga Bhakthi was a good filler. The RTP was neatly executed with Trikalam done for the Pallavi. The Ragamalika Swarams were nicely rendered as well. The Behag piece and the Dasar Krithi provided a good finish.

The accompanists did a good job.

Overall, a fine concert with a good sense of proportion.

Sathej

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Dear Sathej, I too attended the programme, a very competent one,the selection of songs in good proportion adjusting t o the duration of the ,programme two major raagas, especially Etavunara in kalyani, a remembrance of pithamagar Semmangudi. In fact I too wanted to appreciate the kalpana swaras and the kanakku, a rare gift from her illutrious legend of a guru sriTNS, as you have done. The neraval for various songs was apt . The lengthy kalyanavasntham alapanai was very pleasing. THE OTHER HIGHLIGHTS YOU HAVE ALREADY MENTIONED.The rendering of the swarasin kamaas, and vaasanti in the RTP, by Sanjeevi bore testimony to his proficiency.. Further the phrase by phrase reproductionof the sangathis by him was enjoyable. The tani avartanam by ganapatiramanand venkatasubramanian was very nice , the sound of the mridangam reverberating. Atogether a very enjoyable evening . In fact, I was telling Gayathri that you would attend, It is a pity that we did not meet. THE METAL WALKING STICK IS MY ADAIYAALAM. It is a drawback tha t even if we sit next to to each other . we may not know that both are members of rasikas.org unless we wear badges GOBILALITHA