TNS Shanmukhananda Sabha, 15th September, 08

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
vijay

Post by vijay »

Accompanists:
Shertalai Sivakumar (Violin)
Bangalore Praveen (Mrudangam)

Navaragamalika Varnam
Ramanuja - Pantuvarali - Adi - Kanakadasa - (RNS)
Kamalamba - Ananda Bhairavi - Misra Chapu - Deekshitar
Namoralagimpave - Yadukulakambhoji - Adi - Talapakkam Chinayya
Ninne Nammi - Thodi - Misra Chapu - Syama Shastri - RNST

A post in Ram's blog had my mouth watering at the prospect of a TNS extravaganza and he did not disappoint. The Thodi was trademark TNS - an hour and a half long with graha bedhams in Mohanam and Sankarabharanam.

Shertalai Sivakumar provided fine accompaniment despite a sluggish start in Pantuvarali. His alaapana in thodi had a prolonged mandrasthayi spell. Praveen's tani was very short, perhaps in expectation of an RTP which was heightened after a brusque Marugelara but it was not to be. However, an emotive rendering of Ivanaro and a Ragamalika Vruttam leading to baro Krishnayya made up for the disappointment.

Once again the hall's sound system came out with flying colours..

shankarabharanam

Post by shankarabharanam »

I missed TNS again...thanks to my office...But over the weekend Smt Visaka Hari enthralled the audience with her beautiful Harikatha on Lord Venkateswara...

Sathej

Post by Sathej »

Nice looking list. Ninne Namminanu with Neraval and Swaram at Kamakshi Kancha Dalayadakshi I guess. TNS' Thodi never fails to disappoint. The Yadukulakambhoji one is a nice Krithi.
Sathej

vijay

Post by vijay »

Yup neraval was at Kamakshi.....

arasi

Post by arasi »

Vijay,
Speaking of Bombay concerts, an aside here. I am trying to locate the RTP from Prashant's concert which he posted here recently. Would like some help in finding it. Thanks.

rajeeram

Post by rajeeram »

arasi

Post by arasi »

rajeeram,
Thanks a bundle!

arunsri

Post by arunsri »

The kriti in Yadukula Kambhoji is apparently in Khanda Jhampa talam. He sang in his Kalanidhi year concert apaprently. Refer Hindu edition on Jan 2, 2007

vijay

Post by vijay »

Quite possible Arun - was following beats rather than hand movements...