K GAyatri@Sringeri Temple (T Nagar)on Oct 05th,2008

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

violin -S P ananthapadmanAbhan and mridangam - B. gaNapathirAman

1A. slOkham OM namah pranavadAyE - hamsadhwani - ???
1B. mudhAkarAtha mOdhakhAm - hamsadhwani - adishankarA ???

2A. "slOkham" mAlA sudhA kumba mudrA - ??? + nAttai + AbhOgi???
2B. sharadhA DeviyE nin sharaNam - AbhOgi - mahAvaidyanAtha sivan

3. shree shankarAcharyam bhajarE mAnasA (R S)- mOhanam - ???
4. Shree shAradAmbhAm bhajE shrutha kalpavaLLi - khamAs- ???

5A. shambhO kridayana chandra chuda shiva shankara (R N S T) - tOdi - ??
neraval in "kAla kAla karunAmaya murthE kali kAsha bara keerthE"
5B. tani
6. sathyam gNanamAnanda "Govinda Asthakam " -???? - AdishankarA

It was 90 minute concert that had in me an experience of hearing close to 2 hour concert. Full credit to this vidushi K.gAyatri who gave quite a memorable concert . Start with mudhAkarAtha mOdhakham in hamsadhwani was perhaps not of highest carnatic musical content , but the vidushi presented with a very good pitch and her voice was in fine timbre.

Lost the next one thought there was a rAgamAligA in slOkham completely clueless with the rAgam infact had to ask her the rAgam and was told AbhOgi .The excellence started from an excellent mOhanam alApanai , with the krithi rendition being perfect she delivered quite efforlessly the swaras in both short avatArA cycle and then a quick rapid fire mode. khamAs was a good filler .

The best in the concert was her tOdi alApanai.Her start in tODi was deep down , definitely her kEEzh kAla piDi's were excellent , then she went in full throttle with quite a lot of nAdaswara piDIs. The krithi rendition was excellent and swaras matched up very well. Every female musician aspires to be a MS Subhalakshmi . gAyatri sang The last GOvinda AsthakAm with quite a bit of verve.

The mridangist was very nice and sweet he played a very short tani and lifted the concert with sound thOppi influences in the concert .The violinist played just ok , was quite long and did not return the baton quickly to vidushi gAyathri. Overall gAyatri is certainly going to make it big as she has a solid and melodious voice definitely there is a touch of MS Subhalakshmi. Also I have noticed both here and at our rasikas concert , she is quite effortless and appears very confident in her rendition. She did not refer any notes to render this long slOkhas or any of the above rare krithi. On a side note, I would have preferred her to drop atleast one number mudhAkarAtha mOdhakam or govindA Asthakham , somehow despite having an aura of MS special touch , they appear little less classical to me.Overall this vidushi is certainly joining the gAyathree hall of fame.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

1A:
Om namah praNavArthAya Suddha gnyAnaika mUrtayE |
nirmalAya praSAntAya dakSiNAmUrtayE namaha ||

An opening obeisance to dakSiNAmUrti, revered as the repository of all art forms and skills (nidhayE sarva vidyAnAm) made famous by Smt. MSS.

1B gaNESa pancaratnam is indeed a composition of Sri Adi Sankara.

5A. was probably SambhO trinayana
Last edited by rshankar on 10 Oct 2008, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

sathya_vrathan

Post by sathya_vrathan »

great song selection of more rare krithis. can i get the audio of the concert if someone has recorded. please do post it