Talat mohd sings Rafi's song

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

I was told by a friend that the very famous song of 'Chal ud jare panchi' emotionally rendered by Mohd Rafi in his golden voice, has been sung by Talat Mohd and the same is avaialble in youtube. I have not been able to get it Can some member help me? gobilalitha

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Thanks ,ragam-talam for immediately posting Talat's 'CHAL UD JARE PANCHI.' But without hurting the feelings of Talat's fans ( Iam also a diehard fan ofTalat),let me add that Rafi is miles ahead of Talat in rendering this song. The song as rendered by Rafi in thefilm was full of pathos, melting your heart On hearing the song we forget ourselves , gripped bya very sad feeling , which effectRafi can onlycreate.That sort of effect is missing in Talat's rendering.OF course Talat has sung hundreds of other such melancholy songs . gobilalitha
Ravi to continue .

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

ragam-talam After repeatedly hearing,Talat's rendering of 'chal ud jare panchi", I am erasing my remark about his rendition. It is as good as Rafi's . thanks again .gobilalitha

vmr

Post by vmr »

Hi,

Nice to see Talat Mohd & Rafi being discussed here....I am myself a fan of both these versatile singers. I still listen to Srilnka Broadcasting Corp over the radio in the morning between 7.30 to 8.00 where old hindi film songs are aired.....we can catch up some very melodious music indeed........