Jawari - Scientific thought

Classical Music of North India
DrKashyap

Post by DrKashyap »

Dear Rasikas,

Jawari is essential element in the North Indian classical instruments. Here is some scientific approach on the mechanism of jawari ( aka jiwari, jowari, jwari ) at

www.drkashyapdave.blogspot.com

Your valuable suggestions much awaited.

DrKashyap

Post by DrKashyap »

The refined version of this article is placed on my blog. Thanks for visiting.

-Dr. Kashyap

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

DrKashyap - you may like to provide an audio example in addition to your attractive explanation

DrKashyap

Post by DrKashyap »

@ VKRAMAN, Thanks for visiting the article. Your suggestion is really worth implementing. I will be adding explanatory figures & hopefully sound files as & when time permits. Things will definitely progress with the grace of God & good wishes of well wishers like you.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 27 Nov 2009, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.

DrKashyap

Post by DrKashyap »

So nice of you. You know science is a never ending journey requiring many equal minded persons to come to any conclusion. This is just the thought, a small beginning towards finding a truth in jawari mechanism. Even if it arouses some positive idea to somebody my efforts are fully paid.

I will keep in mind the idea of sarangi tuning sessions.

avichinnu

Post by avichinnu »

Thanks a lot Doctor, for your scholarly article.

Shivadasan

Post by Shivadasan »

Excellent analysis on jawari by Dr Kashyap.
Many years earlier I had seen a demo in Music academy by, I think, Dr.B.C.Deva. He was, if I remember right, an official of Central Sangeet Natak Academy. His article were also published in the Academy journals. The event happened at such a remote time that I can only hazily remember what he explained. There were diagrams of the cross section of the thread at various positions in the article. Can somebody enlighten me as to his analysis and what Dr Kashyap says ?