Veena teachers in michigan

To teach and learn Indian classical music
meenakshi

Post by meenakshi »

Can anyone please let me know if there are any veena teachers in detroit west suburbs.

thanks for your help.
Meenakshi

jayanthyr

Post by jayanthyr »

i live in mumbai and i play veena. now due to health probs iam unable to play.I have a good veena more than 50 yearsold.i love to donate that to some organisation which will keepit safe. please help me to one such

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

jayanthyr wrote:i live in mumbai and i play veena. now due to health probs iam unable to play.I have a good veena more than 50 yearsold.i love to donate that to some organisation which will keepit safe. please help me to one such
Sorry to hear that you are unable to play, better give it to someone who can appreciate and play it rather than making it a museum piece.

PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

jayanthyr,
If you can wait for a few days, I will make enquiries and let u know; I am from mumbai too; right now out of mumbai.
Last edited by PUNARVASU on 24 Jul 2008, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

shridevi

Post by shridevi »

hi meena,
there is a good veena teacher who takes online veena classes.she is a physically challenged lady.
she is from srirangam[india].her email id sriswaram@gmail.com
goodluck to u ,
sridevi

cienu

Post by cienu »

Dear Shridevi,

I appreciate your enthusiasm and wish the veena teacher well.
However multiple postings of the same mesage in different threads is spammimg.

suma

Post by suma »

jayanthyr wrote:i live in mumbai and i play veena. now due to health probs iam unable to play.I have a good veena more than 50 yearsold.i love to donate that to some organisation which will keepit safe. please help me to one such

Nadaswaram vidwans Kasim and Babu have an annual day in the name of their grandfather sometime in Spring of every year and donate a free Nadaswaram to a devoted student who cannot afford to buy one instrument for himself, but has the talent to learn and play well. I am an annual sponsor for a child that they select every year.

If you want to give away your veena to a "deserving child" who cannot afford to buy one, you would have gifted a child in need and who knows, may be this child will make a living off your veena after learning it well.

You can request artists that visit this forum to let us know if their is an organization like what kasim and babu have to give instruments to a poor but deserving child and give it to them.
Last edited by suma on 03 Feb 2009, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.