Concert Schedules in Chennai - That never get reported on that day in The Hindu

Concerts and other events related to CM.
rajeshnat

#1 Concert Schedules in Chennai - That never get reported on that day in The Hindu

Post by rajeshnat » 20 Dec 2016, 11:28

While most of us take THe hindu engagement as the basis of schedule and go to concerts in chennai. Certainly Kannan's diary acts as a great information . But some sabhas donot advertise in any medium the schedule . At times few artists dole out money and put up an ad in the hindu, but they are few .

Some times the sabhas put at the beginning the schedule in page 4 the entire series, but it is just too cumbersome to remember. Some never put it and there are commercial reasons for the same - at times it just gets mentioned in mambalam times , velachery times etc but information does not reach rasikas on time . Some like nanganallur sabhas put in the blackboard , once when I went 7 years back to sangeetha swaminathan and told the sabha as to why he is not advertising.The sabha patron assumed that I walk in nanganallur and he told you can see the vinyl poster or sabha blackboard . The same happens with rathna gireeshwarar temple concerts in besant nagar.

I am opening this topic for those to post the sabha schedules - those WHO DO FOLLOW UP WITH a 4 liner engagement notice on that day IN THE HINDU need not post the schedule . This thread is only for those who are not following up in The Hindu on a daily basis.

For a start I am especially looking for chromepet, tambaram and Pammal. Also that OMR -rasikapriya ,ambattur and korattur if u have it post it.I put up pozhichalur because I came to know.Those who know please post the sabha schedules . For heavens sake dont ask us to join Facebook. DONOT Clutter this thread with schedules which gets reported in The Hindu.
0 x

rajeshnat

#2 Re: Concert Schedules in Chennai - That never get reported on that day in The Hindu

Post by rajeshnat » 03 Jan 2017, 00:23

Chromepet Cultural Academy in Radha Nagar, Chromepet
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 03rd - Tues 7pm - Sankaran Namboothiri
Jan 04th - Wed 7pm - Abhilash Giri prasad
Jan 05th - Thurs 7pm - Nandini Lalitha - violin duo
I got a small notice on 02nd jan 2017 when I attended a flute concert on 02nd, it just said the above names and party.
0 x

rajeshnat

#3 Re: Concert Schedules in Chennai - That never get reported on that day in The Hindu

Post by rajeshnat » 02 Feb 2017, 18:54

It is always difficult to get the mahasivarathiri concert schedule as they donot advertise. I am posting the names of the main artist which i got it , I donot have the accompanists name . Schedule is put as 06:45 pm start . Best wishes to all mahanubhavulu vidwans and vidushis
Rasikas - If you have a chance please go to besant nagar. This temple has intense muse.

Maha Sivarathiri 2017 sangeethOtsavam at rathangirieeswarar temple in Besant Nagar, Chennai
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed, Feb 08th,2017 - Trichur Charumathi Ramachandran (Is that wife , husband or both,, By any chance will they have a toss before the start)
Thurs, Feb 09th,2017 - Kum. Aaarti Ananth Krishnan
Fri, Feb 10th,2017 - Chinmaya sisters -uma and radhika
Sat ,Feb 11th,2017 - S Sowmya
Sun ,Feb 12th,2017 - Gayathri Venkataraghavan

Mon, Feb 13th,2017 - Seetha Rajan
Tues, Feb 14th,2017 - Sankari Krishnan
Wed, Feb 15th,2017 - Akkarai Sisters
Thurs, Feb 16th,2017 - R Suryaprakash
Fri , Feb 17th,2017 - Ramakrishnan Murthy
Sat , Feb 18th,2017 - V Shankaranarayanan
Sun , Feb 19th,2017 - Carnatica Brothers

Mon, Feb 20th,2017 - Gayathri Girish
Tues, Feb 21st,2017 - Dr Lokanadha Sharma
Wed, Feb 22nd,2017 - TM Krishna

Fri, Feb 24th,2017- Kodilingam
0 x

rajeshnat

#4 Re: Concert Schedules in Chennai - That never get reported on that day in The Hindu

Post by rajeshnat » 19 Sep 2017, 19:33

For many years I did not know that there is a Venugopalaswami temple also in gopalapuram , chennai . I was only thinking venugopalaswami is only in malleswaram, bengaluru as i had heard one recording. There are some concerts that were held a week back or so in gopalapuram and I am not sureif there are more concerts lined up in gopalapuram temple .I was completely not aware of this venugopalaswami concert in chennai and they in the past decade and half have never been reported in The Hindu. Those who know the schedule of these venues before hand please share it in this thread . Venues like rathanagireeshwarar temple , besant nagar , pozhichalur , gopalapuram -Venugopalaswami, few temples in nanganallur do not post in the Hindu at all - music is of quite a high quality, but we just donot know the schedule at all . Now with navarathri on the way those who know concert schedules in chennai that are not going to come up in the hindu please do post in this thread .
0 x

rajeshnat

#5 Re: Concert Schedules in Chennai - That never get reported on that day in The Hindu

Post by rajeshnat » 29 Sep 2017, 13:07

The navarathri festival is on sringeri temple in T Nagar. I attended a concert yesterday.
09/29 - bharathi ramasubban & party
09/30 - maharajapuram srinivasan & party
10/01 - vijayalakshmy subramaniam & party

The above concerts starts at 06:30 PM. The vinyl boards they are posting not as one big board. I was assuming they have also cut but it is still on as before .
0 x