What raga is Meera bhajan "Pag Ghunguru bandh" rendered by M

Classical Music of North India
PN

Post by PN »

Can someone let me know what raga is the Meera Bhajan " Pag Ghunguru re" sung by M. S Subbalakshmi.

Quick response is highly appreciated.

regards

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

being gokulashtami day,I just now heard the songs of Meera by MSS. i think the song PAG GHUNGROO has shades of raag Tilak khamod in the beginning and shades of philoo later excuse me .if I am wrong . all members , have anice feast of uppu and vella chedai and murukku, to celebrate gokulashtami. . bestwishes gobilalitha

arasi

Post by arasi »

Old timers might remember actor/singer Mahalingam's (not Mali)
similar sounding 'pAl gOA' song with neraval and all.
It woud be 'cool' if the rasikA's good fairy of musical boons is listening to our pleas and would make an appearance soon....

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

(Arasiyin) Adityan Kanavu

arasi

Post by arasi »

CML,
Yes! The song is from the film 'Adittan kanavu'!.
Please don't say--'in my dreams' (kanavu)! I am waiting for the good angel 'Adittan allan' (he is not the sun :) ) to alight on our turf soon.
Why is it that I feel as though there was a cloud burst and as with a high dose of antibiotics--the good ones have been washed away too with the rest?
Sigh...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Yes indeed the fragrant and flamboyant ones seem to have been washed out by the cloud burst and only the die-hard dregs like me have survived.
(I just had my eye operation and am posting this with clouded vision under medications to cover my pain! Shows how much I am addicted to this Forum :)

arasi

Post by arasi »

Go rest those eyes, CML!
Wishing you a speedy recovery from the surgery...
Last edited by arasi on 05 Sep 2007, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.