Subhapanthuvarali

Rāga related discussions
SriramCarnatic

Subhapanthuvarali

Post by SriramCarnatic »

I am going to sing a 4 minute raga alapana in Subhapanthuvarali tomorrow followed by kalpana swarams for the next 3 minutes.(Adi talam) in my college(not a music college...).
The raga is fixed as my seniors liked it a lot and have persuaded me to sing the same.
Singing a longer alapana is not a problem. But now, the given time being too short,
I have to select the best sangathis in this raagam and portray its beauty.

Can somebody help me to select the best sangathis for alapana as well as kalpana swaram.

venkatakailasam

Re: Subhapanthuvarali

Post by venkatakailasam »

SriramCarnatic wrote:I am going to sing a 4 minute raga alapana in Subhapanthuvarali tomorrow followed by kalpana swarams for the next 3 minutes.(Adi talam) in my college(not a music college...).
The raga is fixed as my seniors liked it a lot and have persuaded me to sing the same.
Singing a longer alapana is not a problem. But now, the given time being too short,
I have to select the best sangathis in this raagam and portray its beauty.

Can somebody help me to select the best sangathis for alapana as well as kalpana swaram.
There re two RTPs in raga Subapantuvarali by Shri TNS and Smt. Aruna sairam elsewhere in another thread. pl. look out for same.

venkatakailasam

mankuthimma

Post by mankuthimma »

http://www.mediafire.com/?5dmzquuq6gw5f
You will find two tracks here - Both of Nee Samana ( GNB )
One is a clip where Radha Jaylaxmi are singing the swaras . Very sombre and soulful.
Second one is a breathtaking effort by S Kalyanraman.

Kalyanraman .. Ah !!! I am going to carry memories of this genius's singing to my next Janma

And this Night Cap from Amir Khan's movie effort in HM Todi
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyzzaxt2xoxc23u

SriramCarnatic

Post by SriramCarnatic »

Thanks a lot...
I can sing pieces from the file you posted, this evening...
Thanks a lot