Concert Engagements in Madurai ,Trichy & Trinelveli

Concerts and other events related to CM.
rajeshnat

Concert Engagements in Madurai ,Trichy & Trinelveli

Post by rajeshnat »

I am opening this thread for us to announce concerts in Trichy, Madurai and Trinelveli. Please do report here and not spun new threads for these cities and surrounding areas

Ragapriya is a 50 year old sabha in Madurai.They are very sincere and really fighting hard to keep CM flying in the city Madurai which has problems in bringing in more people interested in this divine arts. I dont know anything about ragapriya till I got a few hours to talk with Shri CR Ravi .He is a passionate photographer, has facebook and holds ragapriya concerts in Hotel Pandyan hotel in madurai. Without Ravi and his ragapriya team the music scene in madurai is near bone dry.

Many sabhas and organizations have not honoured Madurai Somu despite his centenary year. I think only Madurai is conducing a week long festival in honour of Madurai Somu and the festival does not have marketing fluff and pattimanrams and dance-music combo etc. THis is honoouring madurai somu for his contributions.

Here is the schedule.
All cocerts are held in FOrtune Pandiyan Hotel in Madurai and all the concerts start at exact 6 pm . The line up is

27th July -Sat - Saketharaman- L Ramakrishnan-NEyveli Narayanan- KV gopalakrishnan
28th July - Sun - Priya Sisters- MAK-SaiGiridhar- Madipakkam Murali

29th July - Mon - All Girls Pravaham - Veeena venu violin concert
Anjanani Srinivasan(Veena) - Poornima(Flu) - Rangapriya (Vio)- Ashwini Srinivasan (Mrid)- Ramya (ghatam)

30th July - Tues - Nithyashree- MAK- I Sivakumar-Trichy Krishnaswamy
01st Aug - Thurs- RK Murthy-Vittal Rangan- Sumesh

02nd Aug - Fri - Sudha Raghunathan and Party
03rd Aug - Sat - Sanjay Subrahmanyan- S Varadarajan- ArjunGanesh- Alathur Rajaganesh

Dedicating a whole week for madurai somu has not happened anywhere other than Madurai. What a joy for Madurai , Wishes and good luck to artists . Rasikas -please attend and do share in your review about the concert that you attended. Kudos to Ragapirya team.