SAMVADA-2, BENGALURU

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
munirao2001

SAMVADA-2, BENGALURU

Post by munirao2001 »

Sri Nageswaran and myself had SAMVADA-1-rasikas interaction with Maestro Tadepalli Lokanatha Sarma, at the Bengaluru residence of SN Sir.
I had proposed to Sri Nageswaran to organize program SAMVADA-2 at the Bengaluru Residence or Sobha-Tulip-community hall and he has posted in the events thread that program can be planned on a Sunday and suggested me to post a separate thread inviting rasikas choice for a maestro for SAMVADA-2.
Aim of SAMVADA is interaction with a maestro by fellow rasika members on maestro's experience as a practitioner of Carnatic Music; partaking knowledge with rasika in Q & A session-specific issues of concerns as rasika related to Carnatic Music values and practices; maestro's suggestions on support for the growth and development of Carnatic music to attain critical mass popularity.
Taking into program budgeting limitations, it has to be a maestro residing at the location the program is planned and for this program at Bengaluru, only maestro residing in Bengaluru is to be considered. I had suggested to SN Sir the names of maestros-Vidu.M.S.Sheela (who will be honored by MA with Sangita Kala Acharya in Jan'20) OR Vidu.Neela Ramgopal OR Vidu.Dr.T.S.Sathyavathi OR Vid.S.Shankar.
I request forumites, Bengaluru to give their choice of two maestros for this program.

S.NAGESWARAN

Re: SAMVADA-2, BENGALURU

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

My choice will be;
1. Neela Ramgopal.
2. S.Sankar.
S.NAGESWARAN.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Nice to hear that Dr M S Sheela getting SKA award

Who are her students who are performing nowadays (direct disciples, I mean)?

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

SN Sir, desired rasikas choice for the maestro selection for SAMVADA-2. I will be having personal meeting & discussion with SN Sir on 1st Sept'19 on the final choice.
I request rasikas and forumites residing at Bengaluru in particular, to give their choice acceding to the request of SN Sir on or before 31st, Aug'19.

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

I understand that M.S.SHEELA'S HUSBAND IS NOT WELL AND SHE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND.
PLEASE NOMINATE OTHER NOMINIES.
S.NAGESWARAN.

ajaysimha

Post by ajaysimha »

any update on this program/ dates/ venue ?
eager to attend!!!

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

ajaysimha,
I appreciate your eagerness. SAMVADA-2 program is dropped due to total lack of interest of BLR-forumites -belatedly but, you are the only to post your eagerness to attend.

ajaysimha

Post by ajaysimha »

got it! please keep us informed if there is any idea of planning/ postponing it to future date.

Bhondawe30

Post by Bhondawe30 »

It is very difficult.